***Per ESPN Romo out 4 weeks with Broken Pinky***Merge

ETex

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2333395 said:
I was going to debut a nice little "Turnover Tony" sig pic here soon but I guess I'll have to wait a few weeks.

Nice Man....real tasteful....I'd tell you what I think of your ****ing "Turnover Tony" sig but the mother ****ing cussin' filter won't let me.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2333398 said:
The deep ball is out with Brad. He doesn't have the arm to go deep so now we're going to have to do nothing but short and our run game, which struggles anyway, now has even more reason to struggle.

Johnson might be more effective at throwing slants, which might actually be a blessing. The downside of course is that we will have to be able to handle the blitzing we will get on nearly every down.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
We are going to find out what this team is really made of now.

I cant imagine we have any chance of running the football without romo at qb to threaten the defense.

this should be an interesting month.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2333372 said:
People said they wanted to see Brad Johnson. Got their wish.

Those people should be banned from the site.

We can beat St Louis and Tampa Bay with Brad Johnson if the rest of the team steps up the intensity a notch.

links18

Reaction score
This is the last thing we need, Phillips having an excuse for sucking.....

Wrangler87

Reaction score
stealth;2333401 said:
Pinky is the last finger on the ball, I think it effects quite a bit.

Yeah, but it's the first to come off of the ball when throwing, so maybe not.

Maybe, just maybe this team will use this to rally around. The pressure to win a Superbowl is officially off now and maybe they will just play football with nothing to lose.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
FloridaRob;2333379 said:
I am surprised he would be out that long. Favre played a season with a broken thumb. Played with a split the whole year. I would think a Pinky would have less affect on throwing the ball.

And you think Romo was having trouble holding onto the ball with five working digits?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Doomsday;2333417 said:

We can beat St Louis and Tampa Bay with Brad Johnson if the rest of the team steps up the intensity a notch.

So we will suddenly find intensity now? Excellent.

Cowboy_4_Life

Reaction score
Can you imagine Brad Jonson playing with our offensive line? Especially, the way we played yesterday.

R.I.P Brad!

leotisbrown

Half Fast Analysis
Reaction score
I doesnt believe it!! No way no how!!

Not my Romo..not til I hear it for officials by Mister jerry Jones HISSELF. Just a bad sprain I says!

mark my wordings: One maybe two weeks at the most and he'll be zinging it all over the field AGAIN WITH ZIM ZIGGER AND ZEST!

WE CAN'T LOSE ROMO FOR FOUR WEEKS!! NOOOOO WAY!

I has faith and complete trustings and will say my prayers two.

(fingers crossed awaiting on Mister Jerry Jones to speaks)

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2333372 said:
People said they wanted to see Brad Johnson. Got their wish.

who said that?

you're confusing wanting to see coaching, leadership and accountability with "wanted to see Brad"

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well gentlemen.

Look for a lot of running and a lot of short throws or dump offs.

Better hope the defense steps up because they will be playing ball control offense to try keep the other team off the field while we try to get slow methodical drives that eat up the clock.

Going to be hard with 8 men in the box by opposing teams wanting to make BJ beat them with his arm.

Plus of course it sucks that we will be missing Felix Jones while we are doing that. So Barber will get more touches and I guess Choice will be in to give Barber a breather from time to time.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Brad will go 2-1 through those games. NO ONE, does it like the Bull!

dv-schlitz-ml.jpg

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Wrangler87;2333420 said:
Yeah, but it's the first to come off of the ball when throwing, so maybe not.

Try throwing a ball with four fingers.

Maybe, just maybe this team will use this to rally around. The pressure to win a Superbowl is officially off now and maybe they will just play football with nothing to lose.

I agree. This is what I'm hoping for.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What will be funny is if Brad comes in and we dominate the next 3 weeks.

The Romo haters will go nuts over that.

:laugh2:

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Well, we were probably going to lose to the Bucs and Giants anyways. Don't see how this really changes anything.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday;2333417 said:

Tampa is actually playing good ball now. They're 3-2 or something now, too. Not a pushover team.

aikemirv

Reaction score
We will struggle but this will force us into a short passing game which might not be a bad thing.

That said Felix cannot miss games with the hammy. He will be a difference maker in a short passing game and in the running game with Romo out.