Per Fisher: Opinions inside the Star split on Dak's financial value

jujoboys

Reaction score
So Harry and Lloyd say yeah and their entire staff says no.
It’s Fisher. He never gets anything right. Pure speculation by him as usual. They aren’t confiding in that guy. Fisher constantly throws crap on the wall that never sticks.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Dak is a 60m$ player because that’s what he’d get if he left. So you either pay him that or he leaves with no franchise tag due to his contract forbidding it.

When Kirk Cousins left Washington around Dak’s age, he became the highest paid player in NFL history. There’s no reason that wouldn’t happen to Dak
That is the way the game is played. Good quarterbacks still "in their prime" aren't easy to find, so someone will pay him.

Reactions: CWR

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Those who think he's worth $60 million per year: Jerry.

Those who do not: Stephen.

Any other opinions do not matter.
You really think Jerry thinks Dak is worth 60 million. :huh: Did you see how Jerry looked at Dak’s contract signing press conference.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Even us Dak Stans don’t think the Cowboys should pay 60 million a season. The only team that would and could pay that salary in 2025 is New England but I think they will draft a quarterback.It sounds like Dak wants top dollar.
respect to you here

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don’t think any team would give Dak 60 million a season. I do believe that France wants Dak to be a free agent and that is only way to keep him off the market.
Joe Burrow's average per year is $55 million. Justin Herbert $52.5. Lamar Jackson $52. Jalen Hurts $51. None of those deals are from this year and the salary cap went up. And Dak was in the running for MVP most of the year. $60 million might be rounding it up, but he would draw in the $50s (probably upper $50s APY) at this point. That doesn't mean I think he's worth that, it's just the reality of the position.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Joe Burrow's average per year is $55 million. Justin Herbert $52.5. Lamar Jackson $52. Jalen Hurts $51. None of those deals are from this year and the salary cap went up. And Dak was in the running for MVP most of the year. $60 million might be rounding it up, but he would draw in the $50s (probably upper $50s APY) at this point. That doesn't mean I think he's worth that, it's just the reality of the position.
He doesn’t deserve to be the highest paid player in nfl history … just think about that statement.

He disappears come playoff time and has yet to win a big game almost 10 years in. I get going rate but 50 million should be enough for this clown.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Even us Dak Stans don’t think the Cowboys should pay 60 million a season. The only team that would and could pay that salary in 2025 is New England but I think they will draft a quarterback.It sounds like Dak wants top dollar.
We see these recent veteran guys like Jimmy G, Wilson, Watson, Carr go to new teams and all bomb. I couldn't imagine many teams if any being like "oh yeah Dak will be not only completely different from all of those guys but even so with 60 million".

Would have to be a really desperate team to pay that much especially since a lot of those really bad teams are going to have top 10 picks either this draft or the next.

I think the market would be good but I couldn't imagine a bidding war.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
When Kirk Cousins left Washington around Dak’s age, he became the highest paid player in NFL history.
If Dak has another year like 2023 this would be the result I would expect if he left Dallas. The desert that NFL teams are relegated to when you don't have a quality starting QB will make someone pony up.

If I was Dak I would not sign and find my fortune elsewhere. The atmosphere is poisoned here in Dallas, and although there is no guarantee of success elsewhere, at least for a single year the 1000 lb gorilla will be off your back.

It's just time for Dallas and Dak to part ways, and let consequences of decisions play out.

rambo2

Reaction score
It’s Fisher. He never gets anything right. Pure speculation by him as usual. They aren’t confiding in that guy. Fisher constantly throws crap on the wall that never sticks.
So, you are saying is a liar. Are you speculating?