Per Fisher: Opinions inside the Star split on Dak's financial value

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Joe Burrow's average per year is $55 million. Justin Herbert $52.5. Lamar Jackson $52. Jalen Hurts $51. None of those deals are from this year and the salary cap went up. And Dak was in the running for MVP most of the year. $60 million might be rounding it up, but he would draw in the $50s (probably upper $50s APY) at this point. That doesn't mean I think he's worth that, it's just the reality of the position.
The question is who is going to pay that salary. Your post are from Dak”s agent’s perspective. I just don’t see the fan base supporting Dak receiving the highest APY in NFL history.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We see these recent veteran guys like Jimmy G, Wilson, Watson, Carr go to new teams and all bomb. I couldn't imagine many teams if any being like "oh yeah Dak will be not only completely different from all of those guys but even so with 60 million".

Would have to be a really desperate team to pay that much especially since a lot of those really bad teams are going to have top 10 picks either this draft or the next.

I think the market would be good but I couldn't imagine a bidding war.
His agent knows his worth and Dak has not signed an extension. Both sides have good arguments.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He doesn’t deserve to be the highest paid player in nfl history … just think about that statement.

He disappears come playoff time and has yet to win a big game almost 10 years in. I get going rate but 50 million should be enough for this clown.
Fans may feel like he doesn't deserve it, but it's the going rate.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The question is who is going to pay that salary. Your post are from Dak”s agent’s perspective. I just don’t see the fan base supporting Dak receiving the highest APY in NFL history.
My post is from market value standpoint. I don't set the market value, the market does, and the rate for a quarterback in the top 10 in the NFL, which the numbers say Dak is, is in the mid- to upper-$50s (with the salary cap increase figured in, it's close to $60). Kirk Cousins, who is five years older than Dak and coming off injury, got four years, $180 million.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Joe Burrow's average per year is $55 million. Justin Herbert $52.5. Lamar Jackson $52. Jalen Hurts $51. None of those deals are from this year and the salary cap went up. And Dak was in the running for MVP most of the year. $60 million might be rounding it up, but he would draw in the $50s (probably upper $50s APY) at this point. That doesn't mean I think he's worth that, it's just the reality of the position.
And how did those teams do last year??
Only lamars team made playoffs and got to the afc champ game.

It is counter productive to pay a qb that much. Only mahomes is worth the 50 mil .

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
He doesn’t deserve to be the highest paid player in nfl history … just think about that statement.

He disappears come playoff time and has yet to win a big game almost 10 years in. I get going rate but 50 million should be enough for this clown.
Even $50m stings. He has a great story and has played elite football at times, but his production on less talented teams doesn't match well with a record contract. Not many teams have the line or weapons he's had as a Cowboy.

I'm really curious to see how this season plays out. If Dak's play is closer to 2022 than 2023, his value decreases substantially. With the uncertainty along the line and at RB, the pressure is going to be on him to produce. If he doesn't, I wouldn't want him for much more than $30m. High end contracts require high end play. If he can't elevate the play of others, it makes no sense to pay him so much that you can't retain the high end talent that he needs to succeed.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Another inside scoop? Inside scoop last week was that we were going to sign FAs this week. I don't believe anything that comes out of the Star or from the media lap dogs.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
My post is from market value standpoint. I don't set the market value, the market does, and the rate for a quarterback in the top 10 in the NFL, which the numbers say Dak is, is in the mid- to upper-$50s (with the salary cap increase figured in, it's close to $60). Kirk Cousins, who is five years older than Dak and coming off injury, got four years, $180 million.
Again the question is who is gonna pay that. It reminds me of the Lamar Jackson situation. Nobody was willing to bid on him.

sacase

Reaction score
Here is the problem. You can't pay dak and build around him at the same time. If you have to pay Dak then he needs to put the team on his back and win. He hasn't done that and hasn't shown the ability to do that. You can win with Dak but you can't pay him top dollar cause he needs lots of help. But Dak is greedy and wants top dollar instead of winning. Cowboys know this, thus the problem

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Here is the problem. You can't pay dak and build around him at the same time. If you have to pay Dak then he needs to put the team on his back and win. He hasn't done that and hasn't shown the ability to do that. You can win with Dak but you can't pay him top dollar cause he needs lots of help. But Dak is greedy and wants top dollar instead of winning. Cowboys know this, thus the problem
You might be right.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I dont believe a word Fisher says
I never really listened to him until this last year. For some reason, I don’t remember him like I do Galloway, Hansen, Gosselin and others from the 90’s. Always seen these posts about his podcasts. Based on the threads, I just assumed he was a legit connected insider from some organization. I didn’t realize he was doing it out of his basement. I’ve watched a few videos now, some of them can be entertaining, but it seems like he’s way off on anything he says that he allegedly has as a scoop.

irishline

Reaction score
And how did those teams do last year??
Only lamars team made playoffs and got to the afc champ game.

It is counter productive to pay a qb that much. Only mahomes is worth the 50 mil .
Pretty sure Philly made the playoffs.

And Burrows was injured, so Cincinnati not making the playoffs had as much to do with that as anything else.

I do agree with you about paying a QB too much, just pointing out a couple things things to add to your first questions awnser.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
That seems to be what Fish is hinting at, that Jerry and Stephen don't quite see eye to eye about Dak.

Maybe Jerry is wanting to pay Dak, but Stephen is looking at the numbers and Cap Boy says, "I don't think so".

Will Jerry slap his boy across the face and tell him "I'm still the alpha around here junior, know your role" or will the old man cave and let his idiot boy make the call???

This is like a real time soap opera:popcorn:
in my opinion i dont think dak will ever win a championship in dallas he has had a lots of opportunities and has failed badly