Per Fisher: Opinions inside the Star split on Dak's financial value

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Pretty sure Philly made the playoffs.

And Burrows was injured, so Cincinnati not making the playoffs had as much to do with that as anything else.

I do agree with you about paying a QB too much, just pointing out a couple things things to add to your first questions answer.
your right forgot phil, and Burrows was not 100% last year.
Phil has done a good job at putting a team around hurts, but if they didnt have to pay him so much they would have been better.
And soon they wont be able to have him with the low cap hit.

They would have won a SB in 2022, but they had to play KC and mahomes, who are dominating the SB wins recently.

khiladi

Reaction score
That is pure speculation, and it is possible.

But , I dont think any qb aside from mahomes could overcome MM and Jones boys.
You don’t think any of them would have been able to put up 17 or 19 pts against the 49ers zone with Cooper and Lamb and with 3 all-pro linemen..

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Jones was imo better than dak in 2022. Went as far in the playoffs as dak, and was the reason they won many of their games.
Jones has had really bad HC's and roster to work with his whole time there. He has been wasted with giants imo.
Jones, who had 15 TD passes in 2022? About the only things he did well that year was use his legs and avoid interceptions. The Giants made the playoffs because he managed the game decently to support a strong defense and a solid running game. If he had been our QB, our fans would have never been happy with what he produced.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Well 35 yr old Kurt Cousins with a ruptured achilles and exactly 1 career playoff win got $45 a year from the Falcons.

Dak is 5 yrs younger and fairly durable (has started 88% of available games since being drafted).

Not a huge stretch of the imagination to think he could get $5 million a year more than Cousins, so yeah, I think Dak could get around $50 a year from somebody.
It’s a question of value. I understand the market dynamics. I also understand your point but let the Falcons do the stupid things. Cousins will never win for them. Dak is not a $50-60mm QB. He will be a cap albatross.

Ken

Reaction score
I can tell you dont watch the fish show, his show like most is just his opinion and based on what he sees and hears.
Most of it is as accurate as a person can be.
He usually is pretty good.

The last one said it isnt smart to let dak go and get nothing in return. So try to trade him and get something.
He didnt like the do more with less idea. cant be done.
He said if they are going to extend him they should have dont it before FA started, and try to then get 1 or 2 top tier guys.
All those are gone, so it is going to be a lesser team this year, which kinda wastes the year.

Unless the cowboys are tanking. and if so can they do that good enough to get the # 1 or 2 pick?

That is fish talking, and it all makes sense to me. I like his show. you have to get used to his presentation style, but he is better than all the others.
I watch it occasionally but I take it all with a grain of salt.

Especially when it is click baity.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jones, who had 15 TD passes in 2022? About the only things he did well that year was use his legs and avoid interceptions. The Giants made the playoffs because he managed the game decently to support a strong defense and a solid running game. If he had been our QB, our fans would have never been happy with what he produced.
true fans and jerry like passing and passing td's, me I like winning more.
Jones ran a lot and carried the team with his legs.
I dont think he had and real wr talent to throw to, and his coaches suck, so it was mostly him that got
them to the playoffs.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I dont think he had and real wr talent to throw to, and his coaches suck, so it was mostly him that got
them to the playoffs.
You can believe that if you want to, but the Giants averaged 21 points per game, which was middle of the pack. You don't make the playoffs being middle of the pack on his side of the ball unless your defense is good enough to step up when the offense doesn't do enough. Mostly him is a major exaggeration IMO.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
It’s mind boggling that Dak has fooled people to the point that they think he’s worth 60 million lol…just wow. He’s a mentally weak basket case that always fails when it counts. A complete stat padding clown show that can’t beat good teams hardly ever .

Motorola

Reaction score
This is the worst sitcom on TV.

Do or dont. Keeping stale fast
At this point it's more like reruns
That seems to be what Fish is hinting at, that Jerry and Stephen don't quite see eye to eye about Dak.

Maybe Jerry is wanting to pay Dak, but Stephen is looking at the numbers and Cap Boy says, "I don't think so".

Will Jerry slap his boy across the face and tell him "I'm still the alpha around here junior, know your role" or will the old man cave and let his idiot boy make the call???

This is like a real time soap opera:popcorn:
Agree with 'Beast_from_East'.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
He doesn’t deserve to be the highest paid player in nfl history … just think about that statement.

He disappears come playoff time and has yet to win a big game almost 10 years in. I get going rate but 50 million should be enough for this clown.
Hurts was for six days. Likely the amount of time Dak would be before he’s leap frogged by Tua and Trevor. Looks as if Todd France is waiting until those two get new deals before he makes his client available.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
them to the playoffs.
Daniel Jones is awful. He was carried by the running game (Saquon Barkley had an awesome year in 2022) and the defense. And the Giants were still just 9-7-1 with some fluky wins. All that came apart for them last year even before Jones got hurt.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
the cap goes up 30 mil this year ?
And dak and lamb will eat up all of it ! lol

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Dak is a 60m$ player because that’s what he’d get if he left. So you either pay him that or he leaves with no franchise tag due to his contract forbidding it.

When Kirk Cousins left Washington around Dak’s age, he became the highest paid player in NFL history. There’s no reason that wouldn’t happen to Dak
Good. Let somebody else be the Vikings. I'd take Cousins over Dak any day too.