Per Fisher, Zeke signing is eminent

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
It's pretty obvious what they’re doing. They'll draft Brooks in the 2nd and if he's not ready for Week 1, Zeke will carry most of the load and Brooks will slowly work his way in.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Fisher whiffs on this one any information from him should be banned here.

Redline360

Reaction score
He was washed running behind a better line years ago. Don't care if he comes back on vet minimum. There's no need.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Jesus some of you would bytch regardless of what they do
I’m not a huge Zeke fan but for 1 year deal why brooks is recovering I have no issue

Even if it isnt brooks sharing the load with benson or corum or whoever it is works ok

I don’t endorse Duece Vaughn I think he’s too small but maybe camp gives me a new outlook on him as well
You and @rambo2 would defend them signing Jaylon Smith again

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He should be banned period. This is getting reported by other reporters, but fish is the worse
I remember the video from training camp 2 years ago when Fish predicted Zeke wasn’t done and that he would prove him right. :rolleyes: He said Zeke would be back in Dallas for the 2023 season and as usual he was dead wrong. However Zeke could very well be back for 2024, which is why others are reporting it. We currently have virtually nothing at RB.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If Fisher whiffs on this one any information from him should be banned here.
I would take it with a grain of salt if he was the only one reporting it.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
No. It was reported by Gehlken and Nick Eatman as well
Ah. As soon as I saw Fisher's name attached to the report, I knew one of two things were true.

a) This news is widespread and being reported elsewhere already
b) It is a completely false rumor

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I remember the video from training camp 2 years ago when Fish predicted Zeke wasn’t done and that he would prove him right. :rolleyes: He said Zeke would be back in Dallas for the 2023 season and as usual he was dead wrong. However Zeke could very well be back for 2024, which is why others are reporting it. We currently have virtually nothing at RB.
And unlike when he left, he should be cheap when he returns. His average the last two seasons shows that Dallas shouldn't go above $2 million with some incentives built in. I know some are going to say vet minimum, but $2 million is a low-ball offer these days for a former starter and Pro Bowl RB. Guys like Freeman who haven't done much other than fill a reserve role are vet min.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Don't have a problem with it as long as it doesn't affect plans to draft a running back. Elliott may not have much in the tank, but I don't feel good enough about Dowdle, Freeman and Vaughn to say he can't earn a roster spot over them.
Same. I’m cool with this as long as we draft a guy.

starfan1

Reaction score
You and @rambo2 would defend them signing Jaylon Smith again
Well there are limits but I mean the swipe 5 yards downfield. We need that kind of energy infusion

Hopefully you get sarcasm. I’m just not in to be so damn negative bout everything this is great time of year

sbark

Reaction score
Could zeke piggyback Duece, and then Duece eject at the right moment for more yards.
Duece about same size as the ball. ..

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
This is Jerry's master plan

Hey GM's, you can forget my dumb self yesterday and all the drooling I was doing about Brooks before we even drafted him.....our plan now is Zeke. So don't worry about letting him fall to us.

With their 2nd round pick the Dallas Cowboys select - Jonathon Brooks, RB - Texas

Saturday, Jerry announces that they signed Zeke to a 1 day deal, so he could retire a Cowboy.

I'm not even sure if I'm joking at this point
You never know with Jerry...