Per Fisher, Zeke signing is eminent

CoachD

Reaction score
More of the "All in" with a guy who is way past his prime and has hit the RB wall!

Surfguy

Reaction score
It's a rebirth. This time...he's a Beta.
giphy.gif

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What to Know
Imminent and eminent only differ in pronunciation by one vowel sound, which is why they are occasionally confused. Eminent is often used to describe someone or something that stands out above others in a noticeable way, while imminent is used to describe something that is about to happen very soon. Immanent, another adjective which is pronounced exactly the same as imminent is defined as “being within the limits of possible experience or knowledge.”

Kwyn

Reaction score
I have no problem with Zeke coming back on a one year deal. I don’t really even care about the money since there aren’t any big money free agents I’d want.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Reporter To Jerry.When Zeke Comes Back, What Are You Going To Do About Deuce.?

Jerry,Were All In,Will Use Deuce As a Full Back To Block For Zeke.:muttley:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He's better than anyone on the roster. Plus I like zeke so I am cool with this as long as the contract is cheap.
I dunno know that Zeke is even better than what we have.

3.5ypc on 184 carries last year. That is just bad. Only short yardage runs?

Nope.

Didn't have a single carry on 4th down. Obviously not their short yardage go to guy. See his splits. Under 4 ypc on all downs.

1st 96 3.9
2nd 71 3.1
3rd 17 2.9
4th - no carries

What is going on on 2nd down? That's just sad.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/ElliEz00/splits/2023/

Maybe a 3rd down blocking/dump off guy. This is a thumb in Dak's eye. You're getting no help if you stay this year.

Given our need to get better at the top for RB, giving a RB roster spot to veteran blocking back is just sabotage. And you do know Jerry is not going to sign him for peanuts and then cut him, right?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The guy was cooked three years ago behind a better line, but I guess it beats reaching for a RB in a bad class.

They can move the 21 jerseys from the discount rack back into mainstream. Probably a factor.
Ha ha! And I've got a Zeke jersey too.

ka ching!

Big_D

Reaction score
I dunno know that Zeke is even better than what we have.

3.5ypc on 184 carries last year. That is just bad. Only short yardage runs?

Nope.

Didn't have a single carry on 4th down. Obviously not their short yardage go to guy. See his splits. Under 4 ypc on all downs.

1st 96 3.9
2nd 71 3.1
3rd 17 2.9
4th - no carries

What is going on on 2nd down? That's just sad.

Maybe a 3rd down blocking/dump off guy. This is a thumb in Dak's eye. You're getting no help if you stay this year.

Given our need to get better at the top, giving a RB roster spot to Zeke is just sabotage. And you do know Jerry is not going to sign him for peanuts and then cut him, right?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/ElliEz00/splits/2023/

Even if you bring him in to block.. 3rd and long and you just made the offense 1 dimensional and put it all on the QBs shoulders. This signing makes no sense. Every time he steps on the field you know what's coming and you know there's zero danger of a long play from the RB position. Rather draft another guy later or trade a 6th for anyone else since that seems to be their specialty. This signing would just be typical Jerry.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Vet minimum would be fine. You want a guy in your backfield that has got some NFL experience.

Rico, Zeke, and a draft pick would be a reasonable group.

XXLMike

Reaction score
One of the most overrated problematic Cowboys in history.

A bloated stiff, who has been fat since 2017.

PSs off

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Even if you bring him in to block.. 3rd and long and you just made the offense 1 dimensional and put it all on the QBs shoulders. This signing makes no sense. Every time he steps on the field you know what's coming and you know there's zero danger of a long play from the RB position. Rather draft another guy later or trade a 6th for anyone else since that seems to be their specialty. This signing would just be typical Jerry.
Yep. I'd much rather get another young guy on the game day roster to maybe grow than put Zeke out there.

starfan1

Reaction score
Jesus some of you would bytch regardless of what they do
I’m not a huge Zeke fan but for 1 year deal why brooks is recovering I have no issue

Even if it isnt brooks sharing the load with benson or corum or whoever it is works ok

I don’t endorse Duece Vaughn I think he’s too small but maybe camp gives me a new outlook on him as well