Per Fisher, Zeke signing is eminent

Cowboys93

Reaction score
It’ll be cool to have him back for me personally at least, but if they’re using this as a stop gap to draft Brooks then that would just be the cherry on top of this off-season lol

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

giphy.gif

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is Jerry's master plan

Hey GM's, you can forget my dumb self yesterday and all the drooling I was doing about Brooks before we even drafted him.....our plan now is Zeke. So don't worry about letting him fall to us.

With their 2nd round pick the Dallas Cowboys select - Jonathon Brooks, RB - Texas

Saturday, Jerry announces that they signed Zeke to a 1 day deal, so he could retire a Cowboy.

I'm not even sure if I'm joking at this point

nathanlt

Reaction score
What do you think their logic is (regardless of whether you agree with it)? I can’t think of another reason it would be useful unless he plans on retiring a Cowboy.
I mean... when thinking through possible reasons to sign Zeke... I legitimately cannot understand why they would do it. They want to get slower and older at the position? Possibly the pound it in from the goal line more frequently. Although, even that wasn't guaranteed or likely in the days of Zeke.

erod

Reaction score
Deuce looked baaaaaad
No, he didn't. Deuce didn't have an inch of running room all season. He should have worn a big sign that said, "Hey, I'm finally in the game, and they're giving the ball to me!"

They need to let him play more, so there's some doubt about the playcall.

Another issue is how teams can just crowd the line against Dak because they have zero fear of him beating them. It makes it hard for the running game.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Not needed. All marketing, no substance.
Are you calling Zeke "All Marketing, no Substance"? or are you calling the Dallas Cowboys "All Marketing, no Substance"?

Lately it is really hard to tell which I would agree with more.

Havic

Reaction score
I’m fine with this if we don’t draft a rb till round 4 plus vet min

pansophy

Reaction score
I mean... when thinking through possible reasons to sign Zeke... I legitimately cannot understand why they would do it. They want to get slower and older at the position? Possibly the pound it in from the goal line more frequently. Although, even that wasn't guaranteed or likely in the days of Zeke.
He had a bunch of TDs with us his last season. I didn't really follow him at NE -- how did they use him? I think he could be used in short yardage. I don't think they would bring him back to be a main guy.