News: Per PFT- Momentum between Cowboys, Ezekiel Elliott stalls

Beaker42

Reaction score
Sounds like Zeke's agent is trying to stall any deals made until Zeke gets the biggest contract possible and in turn the agent lines his pockets with the most money possible out of this deal.

Hey Mike F. - it’s “threw a monkey wrench in the works” not “through”.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
How did you end up with both? Barkley went #1 in my league and I believe Elliott went #4. 12 team league.

I am in a keeper league. I had Zeke— finished last year before last and had the first pick— so I took Saquon number 1 last season.

We won the championship last year— and so Zeke and Saquon are my keepers for the foreseeable future :laugh:

NotForLong

Reaction score
Which round? I was able to nab him with my 9th rounder in a 14 team league last Monday.
We had our draft on Tuesday.

I did the same thing to the same owner last year. He drafted Bell and I drafted Connors

Reactions: CWR

NotForLong

Reaction score
I have Saquon and Zeke (and drafted Pollard as a handcuff)

I am conflicted on the holdout... I’d love to see JJ play hardball, Pollard turn into a baller, and destroy Zeke’s leverage.

But mostly I just want Zeke to sign and end the drama so we can have the best team we can field for the season, and so I can have an absolute devestating RB combo in FF :laugh:
What are you in . . . a 3 team league

texbumthelife

Reaction score
This is obviously just my opinion, but I get the feeling Zeke and his agent have the language and money they want ironed out and are unwilling to waiver. If that's the case, this is gonna go on for a while.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Would you trade him to the Zeke owner for a WR. . . I was thinking of trying to steal James Washington from him

Tough call but the Zeke owner may be nervous enough to give up something a little better then Washington.

I think Pollard has PPR value even with Zeke.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So much for the heating up and intensifying and close reports !:laugh:
I like it, I want to see how they do with pollard and no elliot.

Them

Reaction score
...Zeke's agents are standing ground & Zeke is being greedy IMO...I'm getting tired of the up-an-down; I don't care anymore....play ball!

Tractor1

Reaction score
I am sure they will reach out today for one last shot before the season starts. Biggest chance for JJ to compromise if he wants him on the field against the giants.

The heck with that. If anyone should compromise it's the player under contract. Let him sit and lose a few game checks. I'd also make sure he pays all the fines he incurred by missing camp.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I’d like to see us take the Charger’s stance.
Best offer....if you won’t sign it, we are finished negotiating and will focus on the regular season now. If you show up now or in week 10, you will play under your current contract, and we will try again after the season.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The heck with that. If anyone should compromise it's the player under contract. Let him sit and lose a few game checks. I'd also make sure he pays all the fines he incurred by missing camp.
Agreed on the fines. They can take it out if the 20 or 30 million dollar signing bonus he is about to get. From what I am hearing (who knows if it’s true) the agreement is reached and the agent asked for something that was previously off the table. Let’s me know agent is holding things up. Elliot is a big athletic person that has been coddled because of his talent. He is immature and needs to grow up before this gets blown. It’s so sad that I am still rooting for him because I want a ring. And because I can’t stand to see a young person blow something for a dumb reason.

windjc

Reaction score
Dallas has ALL the leverage. Shut the door on negotiations, go beat the Giants with 150 rushing yards and then let Zeke freak out at his agent.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dallas has ALL the leverage. Shut the door on negotiations, go beat the Giants with 150 rushing yards and then let Zeke freak out at his agent.
No doubt that if Elliot don’t show that they will go out of there way to run the ball well this weekend.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What if they can't?

It works out great for the team if Pollard steps in and there's no drop-off, maybe even a little better play in the receiving area. If not, then Elliott holds all the cards.
I think he already does because they're assuming they have to have him.

Put yourself in his position. Booger gets all butthurt about the Zeke who reaction and announces he's just the man to stand his ground and within 48 hours they're making offers. As far as we know, Elliott's agent hasn't budged.

If they find out they can't make it without Elliott, they've lost nothing. Meet his demand and bring him in but realize the implications of a team that is reliant on a RB and clock control in today's NFL. They will need more luck than any contender to win it all.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No doubt that if Elliot don’t show that they will go out of there way to run the ball well this weekend.
They would be doing that regardless of what RB is in the game. Fight fire with fire because the Giants are bringing the best RB and they are more dependent on him than the Cowboys are on Elliott.

glimmerman

Reaction score
They would be doing that regardless of what RB is in the game. Fight fire with fire because the Giants are bringing the best RB and they are more dependent on him than the Cowboys are on Elliott.
Our LB and D-Line are gonna need to shut that down.