Per Schefter & Rapoport: Linehan and Marinelli in Demand

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
As long as Garret is there I am fine .. to me he is the mastermind (along with support from Stephen Jones) for all this…

Not that JG is there yet, but Bill Bellichick lost a lot off coaches over the years but his team kept winning. Lesson is, keep the mastermind there and the rest will be taken care of….

:cool:

What a joke. JG the mastermind? We see what happens when JG runs the offense. It wasn't pretty. Finally we get a real OC in here and look what happens. JG steps back and leads the whole team while Linehan runs the offense much better than JG ever has.

therock1982

Reaction score
well lets hope the players see these rumours and it inspires them to play lights out the next few weeks and win it all.
no better way to prove to your coach u want them to stay

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Abe: Why wouldn't teams consider Linehan for HC?

He is a bright offensive mind. He has shown he can lead successful offenses that are both balanced as well as passing dominated.

Linehan's offenses have ranked as follows (by yardage) the past 4 years:
  • 2011 (Detroit) - 5
  • 2012 (Detroit) - 3
  • 2013 (Detroit) - 6
  • 2014 (Dallas) - 7
Yes, it was ugly for him at a HC in St. Louis -- but let's be realistic, their QB situation was terrible.

I have to disagree with you -- Linehan is EXACTLY the kind of 2nd-time around OC type that teams looks for. He took his lumps at a HC and had to pay the price. He went back to being a OC and was extremely successful at it, and now now he is viewed a HC candidate again.

Some coaches are HC material and others are coordinators. Linehan seems more equipped to be a coordinator to me.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
What a joke. JG the mastermind? We see what happens when JG runs the offense. It wasn't pretty. Finally we get a real OC in here and look what happens. JG steps back and leads the whole team while Linehan runs the offense much better than JG ever has.

That's the point my friend :) …. I didn't say him being OC or DC….But thanks for clarifying..

you can have the best coordinators and players in the universe…but if the culture is bad they cannot do anything...

:cool:

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Rod is at that point in life where he values different things than he would've when he was younger. He's loyal. That's a relationship that was forged over a decade. They have tremendous admiration for eachother. If he thinks lovie needs him, he's gone.

yimyammer

Reaction score
well lets hope the players see these rumours and it inspires them to play lights out the next few weeks and win it all.
no better way to prove to your coach u want them to stay

or to give him a ton of ways out the door <but I'd gladly take it!>

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Rob and Scott are not going anywhere. Think about it? You think Rob is going to Tampa out of sheer loyalty? NOPE.

You think Scott is leaving to go to Oakland to coach that team? NOPE.

I can see Callahan leaving to coach the Raiders. But I don't think Scott is seriously thinking about leaving Dallas for the hell hole that Oakland is. Same with Rob.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rob and Scott are not going anywhere. Think about it? You think Rob is going to Tampa out of sheer loyalty? NOPE.

You think Scott is leaving to go to Oakland to coach that team? NOPE.

I can see Callahan leaving to coach the Raiders. But I don't think Scott is seriously thinking about leaving Dallas for the hell hole that Oakland is. Same with Rob.
Rob Ryan hasn't been here for a while.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Seriously? I thot Garrett was the master mind and grand planner behind all the success and the reason for it. Why would losing either our OC or DC matter with our HOF level HC?

Gosh,Cowboy I had assumed you understood this is a team game.

khiladi

Reaction score
Rod is at that point in life where he values different things than he would've when he was younger. He's loyal. That's a relationship that was forged over a decade. They have tremendous admiration for eachother. If he thinks lovie needs him, he's gone.

He's here because of Kiffen... Kiffen was still given a job despite how bad he was, because of Marinelli.