Per Schefter, Zeke deal to be done within 24 hours **merged**

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Schefter's article says they are trying to get it done in the next 24 hours not that it will be done.

It's really a no news update. No crap they're trying.
Click baiting us yet again! I still think with multiple sources and being close in years and total it's done.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So how in the world did it go from not paying Gurley money to $90 million? We don't want to pay you $57 million so we'll give you $90 million instead?

I'd say that there are large salaries on that back end, when he's proven it and the cap is significantly higher, or years on the deal he'll never see.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
24 hours? That's a long window.

Just get this done....sheesh

The FO has a bet, the over / under of how many threads on here about Zeke will be started in the next 24 hours. Vegas odds were set at 1250.
This info came from the liquor store clerk by the way.
Hence, the delay.

Sydla

Reaction score
If he's still productive, I'm gonna say that 15 mill a year is going to look puny in 2026 (if this is a 6 year extension).

LOL.

This seems to be the answer for every big contract that we give out............... Man, it's gonna look so cheap in a few years!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
So holding out with multiple years left on your previous deal works, even for the least valued position in football

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I don't know this is one special cat.
29-ezekiel-elliott.w710.h473.2x.jpg

HungryLion

Reaction score
Why backload with all the space next year?

Also gives the team the ability to walk away if and when he holds out again

Back loading with non guaranteed money means the player never sees that money unless they are still performing at a high level.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Why backload with all the space next year?

Also gives the team the ability to walk away if and when he holds out again

Backloading makes the total amount irrelevant because the player will be cut or the deal renegotiated when the cap hit gets bigger than the dead money hit.