Per Schefter, Zeke deal to be done within 24 hours **merged**

HungryLion

Reaction score
$40MM guaranteed, if true, isn't great but could have been way worse.

40 million guaranteed sounds like an could be good deal depending how it’s structured.

If that 40 million is at the front end of the deal. It makes the team can cut Zeke when he is about 28 years old if his production begins to decline, and not have any more money on the hook for the salary cap.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Yep...

Looking like 40 Million. Not a win or loss for either side on that one.

You keep saying $40M but that is what you hope for. I'm telling you it's closer to $50M than $40M. But we'll see.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He will never live up to this contract although I hope he does.

Anyways, we can resolve ourselves again to the fact that we won’t be bringing in any free agents again next year- you know, so we don’t have to waste our time

Thank goodness, had enough of the Greg Hardy/George Iloka etc signings, guys who contributed little or nothing to the team...

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Again, that’s if he ever sees that money.

If his production drops off and he is cut when he is 28 years old. He wouldn’t see that money.

That’s why we really need to know the structure of the guarantees to know how long until the team can cut him painlessly.
They can cut him if needed. Only about $40 million is guaranteed.

Not different for him than signing a shorter deal, except the guarantees are more this way. 40 million guaranteed on a 4 year extension would have been cuckoo.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
So, if true, they stretched it out over 6 so he could have his ego stroked with "Avg. Per Year" Champ while only giving him the $40M guaranteed over 6. Sounds like this could be a great deal for all...………….

Carson

Reaction score
The way I see it, at the end of the day, if it makes the team better, I’m all for it.

Zeke does make the team better.

Pollard is better used in smaller dosage (now this is based off college and he could be an elite RB1 in the future)

As long as we don’t miss out on resigning Coop or Dak I’m ok with all of this.