Per Warren Sharp the O Line could be a problem

phildadon86

Reaction score
Lmao. I know we lost Tyron and Biadasz and are starting two rookies.

But Martin is still an All Pro, Tyler Smith is 2nd team All Pro. Terence Steele is proven and a year removed from an ACL.

They aren’t prime Dallas. But they aren’t that bad lol
Yet the eagles who lost a hall of fame center don’t even move. Lol the media slobbering over Philly is hilarious

blueblood70

Reaction score
True...but same can be said for other teams o-lines.
That's my point it's a ridiculous list just pulling out of thin air it makes no sense Warren saps a joke all these lists are ridiculous all the rankings are ridiculous any of the preseason NCAA rankings are all ridiculous you play the games so that way you know where to be ranked at the end of the year you don't be pre ranked just because you need to fill in some time that's what they're doing it's a puff piece they're trying to make stories where no stories are needed... I guess Major League Baseball and preparing for the Olympics it's not enough so they just gotta make up stuff now because there's way too many sportscasters wherever you call these people that's why there have been so many let go and they're rearranging the way they do things because they're just have too much time on their hands and they start reaching for stories that are not real and rankings are one of them completely opinionated/...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Just remember this after the season, and judge Warren Sharp accordingly going forward.
Well also take into consideration do we start and end healthy or is it going to be the offensive line in 2020 Mike McCarthy's first year they had 11 different lineups I mean all this you have to keep perspective who are the starters at the beginning of the year how they perform but when there's injuries you have to create a curve if you will... Any of this is ridiculous Tim filling in for stories the rankings I've never liked any rankings before games are played...

Flamma

Reaction score
That ranking is trash. They are over valuing our losses and under valuing the replacements who both have a ton of potential. The line will be fine, and hopefully better at run blocking.
Your assessment appears to be correct. But I'm not sure it's trash. We have two rookies replacing two starters. The results aren't in yet. Right now we know we have two good offensive lineman. Ranked 28th doesn't surprise me. But at least it's not a known crap OL like the Giants. We have the potential to be very good.

But if our starting LT isn't up to speed, we have issues.

Sydla

Reaction score
While I am not one that thinks the OL is gonna be great…… 28th seems a bit pessimistic. I’d have had us in the teens somewhere.

Flamma

Reaction score
How the hell are the Jets ranked 6th? They looked terrible last year. I realize they added Tyron, but he isn't saving that OL by himself.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am more optimistic about the OL than the DL but I admit we need to see both play a few games before we draw any conclusions. I understand why there is a question though. We could be starting 2 rookies, Steele was awful last year, and Martin is another year older after having an off year for him last season. It could take half a season or more for the young guys to get their footing in the NFL.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Your assessment appears to be correct. But I'm not sure it's trash. We have two rookies replacing two starters. The results aren't in yet. Right now we know we have two good offensive lineman. Ranked 28th doesn't surprise me. But at least it's not a known crap OL like the Giants. We have the potential to be very good.

But if our starting LT isn't up to speed, we have issues.
All rankings are trash because they're going by last year they have no games they don't even know the actual lineups on some of these teams like ours.... And by the way it's not a shoe in the rookies are taking over there's a lot of good young offensive lineman from the last couple of years that have been waiting for the next man up and they could end up winning the job pick someone out of left field excused upon could end up being the left tackle but there are a couple right now battling for the center spot so if a rookie wins it great but right now I like it that's going to be a full wide open camp battle a lot of hungry physical players that I believe are instantly better in our run game.. Which by the way if they feel uncomfortable coming out of camp right before the season starts they can go get a guy like Bakhtiari or another veteran at left tackle while they bring the rook in slowly.... Many of us are still surprised how good Tyler Smith was so you never know..

I believe center we got plenty of good options I don't believe we're gonna have any fall off from Tyler be honest which is what you should really have started off with we lost two players yeah but I don't think they're that hard to replace I realize tyrone's a legend but his inconsistencies not just with injuries but in the run game he just wasn't that good at all he didn't have enough physical left he still was a pretty damn good pass blocker but he had some deficiencies...

So in my opinion no ranking is a good ranking they're all trash, you can't rank things before the season starts you rank them after... It's all just trying to do fillings because there's no real stories here too many riders too many opinions not enough actual real stories no facts...

JBS

Reaction score
Good thing Warren said it

Nobody else knew this was a thing

Flamma

Reaction score
We have to take this stuff with a grain of salt. We really don't know right now. If the two rookies turn out to be good, and Steele has a comeback year, we jump to the top 10, maybe top 5. There are a lot of unknowns this early on.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Mike Solari should provide a copy of this list for each of his linemen, both as an inspiration and a challenge. Each man should strive towards being the best cohesive unit in the NFL, whether it is as a starter or backup. Demonstrate how critics like this are wrong because excellence is not solely based on talent, strength, etc. It is also focus and will. In the end, supreme effort counts also in determining just how good anyone can be.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I do not see how a O line that has two All Pro players can be that low.

NOW if the worst happens and Steele is still not back and our rookies struggle, we will not be all that good. But no way that low
ONLY if on top of this we have injuries to Zach and Ty which of course is not something this so called rankings should be assuming

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’m not usually Mr Optimistic, but they are bound to get better as the season goes on, and they are throwing this season away anyway.

There’s also some decent depth.

First things first….get Prescott out of Cleveland alive.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
pre-season rankings are a joke. You want to rank teams' QB's...ok. Everything else??? just stupid. But, its down time and people need to get clicks to keep jobs and make a living. i could write an article saying Dak is leaving Dallas after this season, confirmed by anonymous source and gets hundreds of thousands of click.

I dont waste my tim eon such garbage. How many of the experts preicted 12 win season over our last 3 years?
You would think people coming in this place would know better by now than to listen to any of the garbage.

By the way, I have confirmed Dak is leaving after the 24 season......lol

Bagman

Reaction score
Warren Sharp....who is this guy ? I have news for him. He can go ahead and rank Dallas 32nd for all I care. The game is played on the field. I'm going to say Dallas is 12-15th and will improve greatly as the season progresses. I think most of us at CZ have as good or better an understanding of our team. Ok, Warren ?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
pre-season rankings are a joke. You want to rank teams' QB's...ok. Everything else??? just stupid. But, its down time and people need to get clicks to keep jobs and make a living. i could write an article saying Dak is leaving Dallas after this season, confirmed by anonymous source and gets hundreds of thousands of click.

I dont waste my tim eon such garbage. How many of the experts preicted 12 win season over our last 3 years?
You would think people coming in this place would know better by now than to listen to any of the garbage.

By the way, I have confirmed Dak is leaving after the 24 season......lol
When you get proven wrong (in bold ^^^), what will you do?