Per Warren Sharp the O Line could be a problem

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I mean hell, we ranked BELOW Washington who is starting Cornelius Lucas, Chris Paul, Biadasz, Sam Cosmi, Andrew Wylie.

Outside of Biadasz I don’t see a single player they are better than us at.
Zero disrespect meant for Zach Martin but I'd take Sam Cosmi at RG at this point. Cosmi is probably the most underrated OL in football right now. Wylie/Steele is probably a toss up at RT too. I'd say it's a total toss up between who has the better Oline, really comes down to how the Cowboys rookies develop.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If the young players we drafted get off to a slow start or don’t develop and we suffer a rash of injuries upfront, the OL could be a huge problem. We’ll be without Tyron for the first time since 2011. Zack isn’t what he used to be and has had some injuries. The running game is already a concern with the RB group we have and if the run blocking or pass protection isn’t adequate, we could be in for a struggle offensively.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If the young players we drafted get off to a slow start or don’t develop and we suffer a rash of injuries upfront, the OL could be a huge problem. We’ll be without Tyron for the first time since 2011. Zack isn’t what he used to be and has had some injuries. The running game is already a concern with the RB group we have and if the run blocking or pass protection isn’t adequate, we could be in for a struggle offensively.
Agree. The Cowboys may end up with one of the better units in the league by the end of the season, but they are putting a lot of faith in uproven players. OL is my biggest concern going into the season. Unless Guyton/Beebe hit the ground running there is not a ton of room for injuries/regression from the rest of the unit.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Any line with Tyler and Martin deserves to be higher than that. I think OT could certainly be a problem especially if Steele plays like last season. But I expect Bebee to be an improvement at C.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Agree. The Cowboys may end up with one of the better units in the league by the end of the season, but they are putting a lot of faith in uproven players. OL is my biggest concern going into the season. Unless Guyton/Beebe hit the ground running there is not a ton of room for injuries/regression from the rest of the unit.
Some fans think because we went heavy in the draft on the OL it’s fixed. The jury is out on all these players. Most of what I’ve read on Guyton, he’s a project. I don’t expect him or Beebe to hit the ground running. As long as we see development as the season goes on, that will be encouraging. My biggest concern with the team is the DL. With Hankins gone we’re going to have to depend on Mazi. :oops: If we can’t stop the run and continue to get manhandled upfront by good teams it’s going to be a repeat of what we’ve been seeing each season.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Any line with Tyler and Martin deserves to be higher than that. I think OT could certainly be a problem especially if Steele plays like last season. But I expect Bebee to be an improvement at C.
How does a guy that did not play center in college walk into the NFL and is an improvement over a veteran center who signed with another team and is the fifth highest paid center in the league. The new regime running the Commanders has to be more stupid than the previous one.

Reaction score

OL rankings in July from some dipstick I've never heard of,,,
I wouldn't doubt the the OL will struggle, that position group has been neglected too long, but I will say I like them better than last year with some young talent that hopefully pans out.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
When you get proven wrong (in bold ^^^), what will you do?
holy cow.... my sarcasm is dripping all over that last part. I just spent a couple paragraphs saying dont pay any attention to predictions then I make one at the end.... how much more obvious can my sarcasm be.

If I was a betting man, Id bet heavy on Dak resigning here. But what do I know?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
OL rankings in July from some dipstick I've never heard of,,,
I wouldn't doubt the the OL will struggle, that position group has been neglected too long, but I will say I like them better than last year with some young talent that hopefully pans out.
the Oline has been neglected? do you pay attention to who we draft?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
holy cow.... my sarcasm is dripping all over that last part. I just spent a couple paragraphs saying dont pay any attention to predictions then I make one at the end.... how much more obvious can my sarcasm be.

If I was a betting man, Id bet heavy on Dak resigning here. But what do I know?
Ok, brother. Please post a (/s) or (*s) to help one realize when being sarcastic.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
How does a guy that did not play center in college walk into the NFL and is an improvement over a veteran center who signed with another team and is the fifth highest paid center in the league. The new regime running the Commanders has to be more stupid than the previous one.
Biadasz was pushed around too much. Don’t expect to see that with Beebe. Biadasz will be a good fit in DC because he’s highly agile and can pull for option plays.

Reaction score
the Oline has been neglected? do you pay attention to who we draft?
you need to look past the end of your nose and look back over the last 5 years. Again, as I stated before I like that they got new talent in the house this year, hopefully the growing pains don't take too long.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Lmao. I know we lost Tyron and Biadasz and are starting two rookies.

But Martin is still an All Pro, Tyler Smith is 2nd team All Pro. Terence Steele is proven and a year removed from an ACL.

They aren’t prime Dallas. But they aren’t that bad lol
Martin is one injury away from a career and as much as he will be HOF material upon retirement, he cannot be counted on to play a full season any longer... albeit he is still a stud when healthy. Steele is not proven, he needs to come back 1 year removed from his injury but I am hopeful and confident this will be the case. Still remains a question mark until we see him play. Starting 2 rookies can be a good/bad thing, but again, it remains a question mark. This entire team should be called the Dallas Cowboys?

HanD

Reaction score
The two ol that we lost were constantly being bashed here anyway and very avg.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I feel better about the line overall than I do some other positions, but not because I necessarily think that Guyton and Beebe are going to be great as rookies.

I feel that way because I think we have some options if they are not great.

Although I'd prefer to keep Tyler Smith at guard, I think he could kick out to left tackle and be solid there. I also liked what I saw from Asim Richards when he got opportunities and believe he could be a left tackle option that would let us keep Smith at guard.

If Cooper Beebe struggles with the conversion to center, he might be fine at guard if we had to move Smith to LT. I'm a little concerned about our backup option at center (Hoffman), but I liked hearing that T.J. Bass also was practicing at that position. Bass looked like he would be our top guard option if Smith moved to center and he could be our best center option.

So essentially we've got five guys (six if you count Hoffman) who could be options at those three spots (LT, LG, C) to help us find the best line. And I'm not including players like Thomas, Waletzko or Ball, but ones that showed potential in NFL games last year.

There have been years on the line where we've gone into a season concerned about our sixth lineman. This year, we're concerned about our fourth and fifth because they are rookies, but our sixth and seventh give us reason to hope that the line can get the job done even if the fourth and fifth aren't ready to jump in.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I mean hell, we ranked BELOW Washington who is starting Cornelius Lucas, Chris Paul, Biadasz, Sam Cosmi, Andrew Wylie.

Outside of Biadasz I don’t see a single player they are better than us at.
Yes plus the Cowboys decided they didn't want Biadasz