Per Warren Sharp the O Line could be a problem

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Per Jerry Jones Dallas has already won the super bowl.

Speaking of Jerry, is it just me or has he been oddly quiet the past few months? Maybe he's been busy getting his coaching apparel and golf cart ready for training camp.
LOL, wouldn’t shock me when it is time for Jerry to go, and I mean taking his final road trip, Stephen will prop him up in his suite like in Weekend at Bernie’s.. He already looks like the Cryptkeeper. We will never know.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Who is going to be the LT? I heard Guyton may not be starting.
Problem is Guyton really does not look like he is a good shot to start a year at guard before moving outside.
But we really do not know until the pads come on and the hitting becomes real
all these shorts and shell practice days prove nothing as regards the lines

HungryLion

Reaction score
Honestly, the cowboys OL is impossible to really grade right now.

Their LT and C are both rookies who haven’t taken an NFL snap. Thats arguably the two most important position on the OL and they are both rookies.

Do I believe they’ll be good? Yes I do. But there very well could be growing pains as they learn.

if they both somehow turn out to be busts, the OL will really be in trouble. Though I do think that’s unlikely.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Honestly, the cowboys OL is impossible to really grade right now.

Their LT and C are both rookies who haven’t taken an NFL snap. Thats arguably the two most important position on the OL and they are both rookies.

Do I believe they’ll be good? Yes I do. But there very well could be growing pains as they learn.

if they both somehow turn out to be busts, the OL will really be in trouble. Though I do think that’s unlikely.
You grade the oline including both the good and bad of the players. Less than their ceiling and more than their floor. The floor on 2 rookies is low.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Per Jerry Jones Dallas has already won the super bowl.

Speaking of Jerry, is it just me or has he been oddly quiet the past few months? Maybe he's been busy getting his coaching apparel and golf cart ready for training camp.
The fuhrer has to get his head coaching uniform dry cleaned plus he’s been tied up in court on another “Father of the year“ case.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It may take time for Guyton and Beebe to develop, but that added talent should bolster the OL greatly, in due time!:thumbup:

Last edited:

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
The line will be young, they potentially could have two rookies starting.

The hope is that they get better as the season goes.

gtb1943

Reaction score
And one extra vacation mansion from holding out and demanding yet another amended contract
want some cheese for your whine?
I guess he rightly saw that they were never going to make it to the SB and decided to get what he could

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Ridiculous ranking.
  1. We lost the weakest link on the OL, Center - Hoffman, Bass, or Beebe could all play near Biadasz level at worst.
  2. We lost the least dependable player on the OL - a great pro, but definitely not the impenetrable wall he once was at LT - At best, the more athletic Guyton will be fine and able to cover rookie mistakes with his incredible length and wing span. At worst, we have Tyler Smith who would be better at LT than he was as a rookie because he is stronger and more experienced, and we have multiple guys who could give us enough at guard.
Our OL was overrated last season when we couldn’t create any run room at all. No way our ranking should be more than a few spots lower than last season.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry, but don't see the Cowboys OL being that far down. I'd think 15, maybe, to start the season.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I don't see us being that bad, but I definitely see us dropping out the top 10
I think OL is actually the most intriguing group for me. Can I say for certain the new group will be better as a unit? No, but I have some hope. Is it possible they struggle and look like a bottom third unit? Yes.

But there are some trash OL's in the NFL and not enough resources to fix them all in one off season. For us to be as bad as the article suggest would probably mean that we suffered a couple injuries to our better players and ended up fielding guys who weren't ready & playing out of position.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Our OL was overrated last season when we couldn’t create any run room at all. No way our ranking should be more than a few spots lower than last season.
Been overrated for quite a while. I actually have hope the young guys will make us better run blockers but I can see where pass pro could lag.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Ridiculous ranking.
  1. We lost the weakest link on the OL, Center - Hoffman, Bass, or Beebe could all play near Biadasz level at worst.
  2. We lost the least dependable player on the OL - a great pro, but definitely not the impenetrable wall he once was at LT - At best, the more athletic Guyton will be fine and able to cover rookie mistakes with his incredible length and wing span. At worst, we have Tyler Smith who would be better at LT than he was as a rookie because he is stronger and more experienced, and we have multiple guys who could give us enough at guard.
Biadaz was not bad; just not what we really needed. It might take time for the replacement to even be as good let along better
Tyron was ALL PRO last year and now he is gone; you can talk all you want about reliability but he is gone and we do not have an ALL PRO LT to replace him
Our RT might or might not recover to what he was.
So bluntly speaking claiming we are top ten now is moronic. We could very well be near the bottom of the NFL starting out this season.
Now I think 28 is too low anyway; but we could be less than average.