Perfect chance to get rid of Rowdy

catiii

Reaction score
I see so because YOU have a problem with Rowdy Jones should make you happy. Besides the fact that the younger fans like him, he's one of the most recognizable mascots in all of sports. If watching Rowdy keeps you from actually watching the game then maybe you're not quite the fan you think you are.
Easy solution, ignore him. Jones caters to kids in several ways like the kids experience that all teams provide for the local youth during the early summer. Again if you and any other adults don't like Rowdy, just ignore him and watch the game.
Again all you're doing is TRYING to justify YOU'RE desire to get rid of something that's been here for over twenty years. I'd bet that of all of the Cowboys fans world wide the number of those who have a problem with Rowdy and want him gone wouldn't even come to a fraction of 1% of all Cowboys fans.
I'll tell you what, you contact Jones and tell him that Rowdy has to go and then you tell me what he says.

Is that you Stephen?!!!!!
"It's no fun pwaying wit you when you act like dat!"
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2Z8eaeBteTGysTZdV-BVZSqCtIl4RuCjTsLruedWvcqIDbkoiKQ&s
Chill out bro. This is supposed to be a humor/sarcasm thread.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Right, because the only things we talk about here are Jerry approved subjects.

If you're so adamant about getting rid of Rowdy and if you think so many fans agree with you then why don't you go straight to the person in charge and make your feelings known. Why? Because you know deep down that you're in a very tiny minority and Jones would just laugh at you.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Is that you Stephen?!!!!!
"It's no fun pwaying wit you when you act like dat!"
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2Z8eaeBteTGysTZdV-BVZSqCtIl4RuCjTsLruedWvcqIDbkoiKQ&s
Chill out bro. This is supposed to be a humor/sarcasm thread.

How is a thread named "Perfect chance to get rid of Rowdy" so obvious as humor/sarcasm especially when the person who started it sounds very serious and replied several times reiterating his stance.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you're so adamant about getting rid of Rowdy and if you think so many fans agree with you then why don't you go straight to the person in charge and make your feelings known. Why? Because you know deep down that you're in a very tiny minority and Jones would just laugh at you.
You know me so well! You realize I'm not the one who started this thread, right? Hell, I didn't even respond until halfway through the second page. The reason I've never told Jerry how I feel is because, while I think it's a stupid mascot, I really don't give a **** about it. The fact that you're taking this so seriously, and defending a piece of stuffed cloth from being ridiculed is absolutely ridiculous. Sorry if you're the guy in the costume, but I'm sure Jerry would let you wear the new mascot costume too.

Londonboy

Reaction score
BfTequXCYAA_gjK.png:large

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You know me so well! You realize I'm not the one who started this thread, right? Hell, I didn't even respond until halfway through the second page. The reason I've never told Jerry how I feel is because, while I think it's a stupid mascot, I really don't give a **** about it. The fact that you're taking this so seriously, and defending a piece of stuffed cloth from being ridiculed is absolutely ridiculous. Sorry if you're the guy in the costume, but I'm sure Jerry would let you wear the new mascot costume too.

There's two possible reasons why you keep replying. 1 is you really do care and really do want Rowdy gone or 2 you just want to pick arguments with me. Lastly there is nothing wrong in defending an over twenty year Cowboys tradition that is one of the most recognizable mascots in sports against those that want to end it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There's two possible reasons why you keep replying. 1 is you really do care and really do want Rowdy gone or 2 you just want to pick arguments with me. Lastly there is nothing wrong in defending an over twenty year Cowboys tradition that is one of the most recognizable mascots in sports against those that want to end it.
Have you actually convinced yourself that I'm the one picking the arguments? I never said a word to you until you started acting like I was trying to erase Mickey Mouse from existence.

EDIT: My mistake. I actually did respond first, but not in an argumentative way. Simply pointing out that Erod was far from alone in his dislike of Rowdy.

I don't like the mascot. I think it's stupid looking, as I think most mascots are. I could understand having one in the stands or wherever to cater to children, but I don't think anyone who watches football gets charged up, or even feels any comic relief when they see Rowdy doing whatever it is he does. So to put it another way, I don't like the character, but when I talk smack about him, it's sarcasm, and I certainly don't expect anyone to take it seriously. I don't expect or want people to take much of what I say seriously, because about half of what I say is meant as a joke....but I still think it's ridiculous that you feel the need to come to Rowdy's defense so vehemently.

Last edited:

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Have you actually convinced yourself that I'm the one picking the arguments? I never said a word to you until you started acting like I was trying to erase Mickey Mouse from existence.

EDIT: My mistake. I actually did respond first, but not in an argumentative way. Simply pointing out that Erod was far from alone in his dislike of Rowdy.

I don't like the mascot. I think it's stupid looking, as I think most mascots are. I could understand having one in the stands or wherever to cater to children, but I don't think anyone who watches football gets charged up, or even feels any comic relief when they see Rowdy doing whatever it is he does. So to put it another way, I don't like the character, but when I talk smack about him, it's sarcasm, and I certainly don't expect anyone to take it seriously. I don't expect or want people to take much of what I say seriously, because about half of what I say is meant as a joke....but I still think it's ridiculous that you feel the need to come to Rowdy's defense so vehemently.

giphy.gif

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Without knowing a person the written form of sarcasm is often extremely hard to pick up. You don't hear inflection in voice, or facial expressions, or hand gestures that all help to distinguish sarcasm. If you don't like mascots fine but to attack someone because they are for keeping one of the most recognizable mascots in all of sports. I personally don't watch Rowdy, I watch the game but Rowdy is primarily there for the younger and very old fans. Rowdy also make many personal appearances at local charity events as one of the representatives for the Cowboys as well as visiting local hospitals several times a year. So if don't like Rowdy fine don't watch him but dopn't attack those that defend him and see the reason he is around.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys fans could be like Yankees fans.
Yankees is one of 4 professional teams that do not have a mascot.

They used to have one, but the fans didn't like it and did not want one. So they beat him up, and he quit.
:muttley:

I mean think about it, Rowdy shows up in 1996, and we have had no success since then. Black Cat shows up and the game changes.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Without knowing a person the written form of sarcasm is often extremely hard to pick up. You don't hear inflection in voice, or facial expressions, or hand gestures that all help to distinguish sarcasm. If you don't like mascots fine but to attack someone because they are for keeping one of the most recognizable mascots in all of sports. I personally don't watch Rowdy, I watch the game but Rowdy is primarily there for the younger and very old fans. Rowdy also make many personal appearances at local charity events as one of the representatives for the Cowboys as well as visiting local hospitals several times a year. So if don't like Rowdy fine don't watch him but dopn't attack those that defend him and see the reason he is around.
I didn't realize I'd attacked anyone. If you reread our conversation, it may surprise you to see that you started off much more aggressive than I did. It's okay, I can handle it...I'm just rebutting your "don't attack" line.

And I agree, it can be difficult to determine sarcasm in the written word, without emojis, but I'm fairly certain everyone else understood...but really, how much does that matter when you're talking about a silly mascot?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
maybe a sack of ****, most fans won't be able to tell the difference.

https://i.postimg.cc/YqtQv6gb/sack-of-****.jpg

Beaker42

Reaction score
One thing all Cowboy fans can agree on...we have the most ridiculous and embarrassing mascot in all of professional sports.

Rowdy isn't funny. He doesn't spark enthusiasm. He serves no purpose. Even worse, he looks like a pedophile summer camp leader. Eeesh.

I'm proposing we immediately replace Rowdy with a guy in a black cat suit. Make it funny like the Philly aardvark or the San Diego Chicken. Have him run up and down the sideline every time the Giants are in town.

I realize this is an overreaction to beating the ding-dong Giants, but it provides the perfect opportunity for Jerry to get rid of Rowdy once and for all.

I just hope it doesn't cost Jerry Jr. his role in the family business.
We already have a ***** wearing a headset on the sideline.