Perfect chance to get rid of Rowdy

DandyDon52

Reaction score
For starters how about the mods replace that stupid *** avatar on 80% of posters.
LOL , When I first came here I asked reality to replace that rowdy avatar with something else like a cowboy helmet,
and he would not do it, he said rowdy being so bad was to encourage posters to change their avatar.
But that obviously only works with some of us, and some here have thousands of posts, with rowdy still the avatar.

I even tried pm posters, but most said they did not care what the avatar looked like and did not care to take the time
to change it.
It also should be explained to every new person how to change the avatar in simple terms, and maybe even make it mandatory.
But the best thing is to convince reality to change it, this is his site, so it wont happen unless he makes it happen.

maybe someone a supporter could start a poll, I think a helmet would be perfect, everyone likes the Dallas helmet.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They could at least take that silly smile off his face!

We'd be better off with Yosemite Sam as our mascot . . .
(as long as we couldn't get sued for patent infringement.):omg:
Yosemite Sam would not be my first choice but the character makes WAY more sense than Rowdy:
  • Sam is an old favorite of both children and adults.
  • Sam has long been identified as a cowboy with many Looney Tunes cartoons featuring him in westerns themed episodes
  • Sam has an edge to his character even when his face is frozen into a smile
Jones could capitalize upon Sam's marketing potential into the millions. Licensing agreements with Warner Bros. Family entertainment combo packages between ATT Stadium and Six Flags (not just Arlington necessarily but possibly across the southern US). Team apparel.

Just thinking about the possibilities make me wonder why Jones has never thought of it too. It would necessitate changing from Rowdy to a new concept.

Wait.

Jones does not always believe in change (see general manager tenure).

Dang it!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I even tried pm posters, but most said they did not care what the avatar looked like and did not care to take the time to change it.
1e00b7684a03e2e90063dcadcd4b4be1.jpg

Kingofholland

Reaction score
One thing all Cowboy fans can agree on...we have the most ridiculous and embarrassing mascot in all of professional sports.

Rowdy isn't funny. He doesn't spark enthusiasm. He serves no purpose. Even worse, he looks like a pedophile summer camp leader. Eeesh.

I'm proposing we immediately replace Rowdy with a guy in a black cat suit. Make it funny like the Philly aardvark or the San Diego Chicken. Have him run up and down the sideline every time the Giants are in town.

I realize this is an overreaction to beating the ding-dong Giants, but it provides the perfect opportunity for Jerry to get rid of Rowdy once and for all.

I just hope it doesn't cost Jerry Jr. his role in the family business.

I think we would say the same thing about the Cat eventually. Lol

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
One of them explained that they do that to motivate the poster to customize their avatar. On the old DC.com, they had this creepy shadowman looking thing like one of those guys testifying against the mob.

Rowdy is stupid but sometimes fits the play on the field and the coaching.
I’ve seen that explanation as well. Not sure it is working though.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
LOL , When I first came here I asked reality to replace that rowdy avatar with something else like a cowboy helmet,
and he would not do it, he said rowdy being so bad was to encourage posters to change their avatar.
But that obviously only works with some of us, and some here have thousands of posts, with rowdy still the avatar.

I even tried pm posters, but most said they did not care what the avatar looked like and did not care to take the time
to change it.
It also should be explained to every new person how to change the avatar in simple terms, and maybe even make it mandatory.
But the best thing is to convince reality to change it, this is his site, so it wont happen unless he makes it happen.

maybe someone a supporter could start a poll, I think a helmet would be perfect, everyone likes the Dallas helmet.
I agree. I wish he would change it. Having nothing is better than what it is now.

heir

Reaction score
Lighten up bruh , With 300 posts in 15 years you don’t Deserve to be Mr. Grumpy in CZ. We give that title to guys who show us they are more dedicated to the cause of grumpiness...
Looks like you are the one that needs to lighten up. Trust me when I say I am not Grumpy, nor am I trying to be. I will try and get my amount of posts up so you can give me a more fitting title. Thanks for the motivation.