Pet Peeves

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Why worry about how someone else gets their steak cooked? You can have yours cooked however you want it. Someone else having it cooked well done or some way that you don't like doesn't affect you.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have let this slide for too long.......people walking their dogs! I have two little yapsters who won't do their business if anyone or anything is nearby. One dog within earshot takes away their concentration for a good 5 minutes.

I can't stand people who always come towards us thinking their dog wants to play with mine. Even after my hello, goodbye because these guys need to go to the bathroom, I walk off. They still follow me and let their dog sniff around mine.

Look, if I wanted to pet your stupid dog, I would do so but stop following me around when it is clear I want some privacy!

I give other people courtesy and space and walk them way around their area..........do the same for me :muttley:

Rant over.........

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I have let this slide for too long.......people walking their dogs! I have two little yapsters who won't do their business if anyone or anything is nearby. One dog within earshot takes away their concentration for a good 5 minutes.

I can't stand people who always come towards us thinking their dog wants to play with mine. Even after my hello, goodbye because these guys need to go to the bathroom, I walk off. They still follow me and let their dog sniff around mine.

Look, if I wanted to pet your stupid dog, I would do so but stop following me around when it is clear I want some privacy!

I give other people courtesy and space and walk them way around their area..........do the same for me :muttley:

Rant over.........

I have one about dog walkers -- the ones who don't clean up their dog's poop. Rude! The complex where I live gets DNA from every dog. If poop shows up anywhere, they DNA test it, find out which dog it is, and fine their owner $200. No dog poop anywhere! Such a good rule.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have one about dog walkers -- the ones who don't clean up their dog's poop. Rude! The complex where I live gets DNA from every dog. If poop shows up anywhere, they DNA test it, find out which dog it is, and fine their owner $200. No dog poop anywhere! Such a good rule.

Yea, when we got here in NH, they wanted our dogs DNA. I had no clue as to why at first but I like it. We never came across that in California but I always picked it up....always. Nothing worse than taking the dogs for a late night walk and having to wash off the shoes, happened multiple times :(

I watched one girl walk her three big dogs one night in Orange, CA and never thought twice about picking it up. So, when she left, I scooped it all up in one of my bags and placed it on her doorstep :lmao2:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Gotta confess, the one I hate is that person that picks up the crap in a little bag and then leaves it on the curb. I mean, why?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Gotta confess, the one I hate is that person that picks up the crap in a little bag and then leaves it on the curb. I mean, why?

Yeah, that and people who instead of taking their sack of trash to the dumpster, just leave it sitting outside their door. Makes the place look like a slum. If you've already taken the trouble to sack your garbage, can't ya go ahead and take it to the dumpster? Sheesh.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Rocky actually learned that from me.

I still 'shotgun' eggs.
I poke a hole in the pointed end with a pocket knife, then stir the inside up with a toothpick, hold a finger over that hole and invert it,poke a carburetor hole on the other end and "slam" that sucker down the hatch
o_O,,,,:lmao:,,,it's true.

timb2

Reaction score
I hate I'm ready to eat and relax in front of the TV and then one of those Anti-Smoking commercials comes on with one of those people who are dying of lung cancer and do something gross like rip off half their face and talking with that graggley voice from the affects of smoking... I just lost my appetite..... I don't smoke but that after awhile numerous commercials gets on my nerves....

Juke fake people. Guys who wear scarfs. I'm not talking about when it's winter and freezing because that is a necessary means,but those fashionable scarf guys. They are like the pretentious douchebags pseudo intellectuals from the trendy coffee house bookstores......Just the same I hate those phony wannabe tough guys. I mean I never would have joined the Marines, served in combat,fired M-60 machine guns,50 cal guns,SAW guns,M-16A2 rifles,shotguns,9mm Berettas,LAW rockets,,gone through hand to hand combat,survial training, and knife training when all I had to do was put my ballcap on backwards,grab my groin when I walk and mumble jibberish. .. That crap might work at the Food Court at the local Mall and be the TOP DOG,but I thought you walk the walk and talk the talk would be better.

I don't mind illegals working at McDonald's because a lot of them appreciate the job and work hard and want you the customer to be happy and even smile and say "Thank You". I rather have them then some dumb high school kid who looks like it is going to kill them to just say "Hi,may I help you". and smile and act like they appreciate their job.

paladin

Reaction score
I rather have them then some dumb high school kid who looks like it is going to kill them to just say "Hi,may I help you". and smile and act like they appreciate their job.

That's merely a training issue
Don't be upset at the kids, be upset at their manager.
Chick-fil-a & Bush's Chicken seem to never have this issue.

timb2

Reaction score
That's merely a training issue
Don't be upset at the kids, be upset at their manager.
Chick-fil-a & Bush's Chicken seem to never have this issue.
No a lot of the kids act like idiots. We all the know the type.They don't show up for work on Friday & Saturday nights,have to be told everything to do,no incentive what to do and all they want to do is flirt with the pretty girl instead of work. Same morons who are first in line to get their paycheck. They never last long at the job and managers should sense in job interviews that these kids are a waste of time.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No a lot of the kids act like idiots. We all the know the type.They don't show up for work on Friday & Saturday nights,have to be told everything to do,no incentive what to do and all they want to do is flirt with the pretty girl instead of work. Same morons who are first in line to get their paycheck. They never last long at the job and managers should sense in job interviews that these kids are a waste of time.

My very first job was at McDonalds. My best friends neighbor owned about 16 of the stores and for years he begged us to work for him when we turned 16. That was the last thing we wanted to do was to work at MickeyD's :laugh:

My dad pressured me to work(only for the Summer) when I came of age and resisted as long as I could. It turns out I was the fastest burger flipper on that side of I-45 LOL. We were all under 22(I was 16) years old who worked there except the manager, he was 35 and became our basketball buddy on days off. We used to abuse the old man on the courts :D

We had fun with lots of laughs and stories from naked chicks in the drive-thru to wahooing beer with co-workers when we got off. But, when the rush came, we did our job well.

Anyways, about 8 months later we got a new manager and he did not like me much, probably because I was a young punk who liked to goof around. One Sunday morning, he yells at me from the front to come around and fill these guys ice chests with ice for them because they are going to the beach. No biggie, as I turned around the corner of the grill I notice the worst image possible..........it was my High School baseball team! No one outside of a few friends knew we worked there, kept it an embarrassing secret. Long story short, I handed my cap and apron to the new manager and said "have fun, I am out" :lmao: They never saw me working there :D

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The dilution of the designation of Hero. Doing the right thing doesn't necessarily make one a hero. Labeling it as such makes doing the right thing somehow special instead of the status quo. It also disrespects those that are true heroes.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The dilution of the designation of Hero. Doing the right thing doesn't necessarily make one a hero. Labeling it as such makes doing the right thing somehow special instead of the status quo. It also disrespects those that are true heroes.

Agreed. People like me do not deserve to be disrespected by people who only do what they should have done in the first place!

I'm straight BOSS!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are your pet peeves? I mean something just drives you up the wall.

* I HATE WALMART because some of the shoppers. I cannot understand when going down an aisle that this one person with a shopping cart will stop and another shopper with a cart will stop almost right next to them and block everyone from getting around them and easy grabs now become Quantum Physics and it takes forever for them to get out of the way.

*Same thing about a parking spot a person ready to leave sees you waiting for their spot all of sudden should take 2 minutes to leave now has just become 2 hours. WHY???

* Parents with your small kids that you can't control. WHY DO YOU GO TO RESTAURANTS THAT ARE MORE FORMAL??? You have your place and everyone knows this and that is McDonalds. Why do you go to a Upscale Restaurant? Why must everyone be subjected to your whiny,crying,spoiled ,out of control kids??

*Why is it when in a public place most likely transportation that some moron thinks it is OK to use profanity in front of ladies,children,and elderly people. They sound so ignorant and low-class and they do not have a clue because they think they are the coolest person there.

*Going to the movies morons want to talk to the screen? Are you in need of attention because you are not funny but showing how much of horse's *** you are. You also most likely are the idiot who wants to be on their cell phone talking loud throughout the movie. Please can the Grim Reaper just take you away??

*The morons at the gas station blasting their music trying to look so cool. Hey moron you really want to impress the chicks at the gas station? Chicks love a guy who pumps gas while smoking a cigarette,they think you look so cool with the fumes all around you while taking a drag on a cigarette.

*I also don't know why this irks me but say you are at McDonald's and they are getting the persons food and even before they can put all the food on your tray you are already grabbing at the fries and other food and eating right there.....Same for grocery stores ,people haven't even paid for the food and they have their hands in the chips or have already broken out the soda.

OK that is some of mine,what are your pet peeves???

People at the airport. I've been traveling a lot lately and people at airports are morons. The moron factor is even higher than at Walmart.

They'll stop right in the middle of a busy corridor when a whole herd of people are behind them. They'll step out in front of the same herd of people, one of which is me.

It's America. We drive on the right side. Doesn't it make sense to walk on the right side at the airport or even in an office building? People come walking done on the left side and expect me to move over when I'm walking on the right (correct) side.

People with bags that just barely fit in the overhead of the plane. They spend several minutes trying to cram it in. Go lighter or check the bag.

People are obsessed with NOT checking their bags but it's not really that bad of an option, especially for business travelers.

People going though security. It's not that hard.

People on their phones. It's bad everywhere but on the plane before and after takeoff when I can't move away it really a pain.

Only the person on the aisle seat gets to stand up after the plane is at the gate. People on the interior seats need to just wait to get their bags until the crowd has moved to allow said aisle seat person that may or may not be standing to move.

A big pet peeve...refueling the rental car. You either have to refuel it or pay for a compete tank even though you might be bringing it back near full. They have the set up to refuel there already I'll would pay $10 plus the local average pump price if they just refill it, but I'm not paying an extra $110 because because I was in a hurry and didn't see any gas station on the way back. I always have to drive around looking for a station in some town that I'm not familiar with. Thanks to whoever invented the consumer GPS device that evolved into GPS on phones. It's really cool normally, but when you routinely go to cities that you're not familiar with, if becomes something you can't live without.

Things where I think to myself, has anyone at the company that sells this product or service ever actually tried it? The difference between good and sucky is often something that could be easily corrected.

Strong Scents that are unnecessary. I don't stay at some Hotels because the over-scent the rooms. People that were way too much perfume/cologne. It literally gives me a headache that lasts for a few hours.

People that smoke near the entrance to buildings. I don't want to walk though it.

Service. I can live with slow, but at some point in the situation they need to acknowledge you and just say I'll be with you in a minute or whatever.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
My very first job was at McDonalds. My best friends neighbor owned about 16 of the stores and for years he begged us to work for him when we turned 16. That was the last thing we wanted to do was to work at MickeyD's :laugh:

My dad pressured me to work(only for the Summer) when I came of age and resisted as long as I could. It turns out I was the fastest burger flipper on that side of I-45 LOL. We were all under 22(I was 16) years old who worked there except the manager, he was 35 and became our basketball buddy on days off. We used to abuse the old man on the courts :D

We had fun with lots of laughs and stories from naked chicks in the drive-thru to wahooing beer with co-workers when we got off. But, when the rush came, we did our job well.

Anyways, about 8 months later we got a new manager and he did not like me much, probably because I was a young punk who liked to goof around. One Sunday morning, he yells at me from the front to come around and fill these guys ice chests with ice for them because they are going to the beach. No biggie, as I turned around the corner of the grill I notice the worst image possible..........it was my High School baseball team! No one outside of a few friends knew we worked there, kept it an embarrassing secret. Long story short, I handed my cap and apron to the new manager and said "have fun, I am out" :lmao: They never saw me working there :D
:lmao2:

timb2

Reaction score
Another Pet Peeve is certain fake celebrities as example

Ellen DeGenres she comes off as this nice person when back in the 90's her stupid show where she came out she flaunted in our faces and yelling "Deal with it"!! We did, her show got canceled. She is very similar to me to Rosie O'Donnell who was this nice talk-show lady and when she had enough money,she admitted she was a lesbian and she became Man-Bear-Pig. Now Ellen everyone likes and she had good run on a couple of movies as the buddy team with Vince Vaughn in "Wedding Crashers" and those Shanghai movies with Jackie Chan but I'm not buying the nice act.

Last edited: