Pet Peeves

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I don't think I could trust anyone that gets a steak well-done.

If you'e in a part of the world where parasites are a problem, definitely order your steak well done. If you're visiting a third world country, suspend your preference for a rare steak until y8ou get back home.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I don't think I could trust anyone that gets a steak well-done.
I don't know when it became trendy to stop cooking steaks but I cook my meat

All these sheep eating rare meat make me laugh because someone on TV said to do it that way

Med-well or keep cooking......... bloody hamburgers are even worse

Last edited:

MileyDancer

Reaction score
I don't when it became trendy to stop cooking steaks but I cook my meat

All these sheep eating rare meat make me laugh because someone on TV said to do it that way

Med-well or keep cooking......... bloody hamburgers are even worse
I like medium rare, or rare. Medium at the most. Anything past medium, and you're straight cooking the flavor out of the meat. And I don't think anyone that likes rare is a sheep; you're reaching.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
learn to marinate and how to cook

blood is not juice

I have been eating cooked steaks for 40 years and this new trend is a joke

Rare to med-rare is not a new trend :laugh:

Some steaks do better R-MR than others such as a filet but in no way would I eat a T-bone or ribeye rare. Well done steaks can be good as well as long as it is marinated properly or it turns into boot leather.

For you steak novices....the "blood" you see coming out of steaks is not actually blood, it is water and the myoglobin protein :cool:

I go with what tastes best and it is different in each cut.......Bobby Flay will not tell me how I should eat my steak :omg:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Whiny people.
People moving my stuff or putting it back in the wrong place. (I like to know where my **** is)
Selfish people.
Dumb people who try to speak with authority.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
People at Walmart or grocery store parking lots who will sit and wait for someone to finish unloading their stuff, get in the car, back out and leave. I am not a parking space hunter, you're about to go shopping and go up and down aisles and you're worried about walking a little extra.

heh, my GF gets mad at me because I intentional park far away from the grocery store's front door. It's mainly because so many people are selfish idiots and either hit my car with their door or leave their carts up against my car or in a place that they roll back and hit my car.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
12 Items or Less means 12 Items or Less. Yes, you may be in a hurry. Perhaps you have an important appointment that you must meet? I understand. That does not exempt you from overstuffing a shopping cart and head for the express lane because you are afraid of being late. Other customers have lives too and guess what? We can count.

It sounds like a cliché but my money does supplement your paycheck. It is not unreasonable expecting you to act like you care about your job if I am buying something in your store, restaurant, etc. However, you have every right to feel happy. Your job makes you feel and act like a female dog? I understand. Quit. Problem solved.

Roads and highways are thoroughfares for travelers. That's travelers plural. You are right. There are speed limits. What? You say that I should obey speed limits? You are so right but guess what? Law enforcement will penalize me if I break speed limits. Can you show me your badge? Oh no. You do not have one, do you? Too bad. Now stop driving in the passing lane like it belongs to just little ole you and let other travelers pass you. Yes, I understand. You do not like anyone passing you. Get the flip out of the way.

I like the drive thru. I like it because I know what I want to order already and it is not that many items. What? You like the drive thru too? Well gag me with a spoon! That is surprising since you appear to be ordering for Eight Is Enough, The Brady Bunch and the Duggars right now. How many times will the person taking your order repeatedly say 'Does that complete your order' before you finally say YES! You have two perfectly functional legs but they become paralyzed each and every time you are confronted with the words Drive Thru. I understand. Next time, pull up to the establishment, park your vehicle, walk inside, and piss off everyone standing behind you listening as you order for Nicholas, Mary, Elizabeth, Nancy, David, Tommy, Bobby, Jan, Mike, Greg, Carol, Cindy, Marcia, Marcia, Marcia...

I understand. You are human. You must breath or you will die from lack of oxygen. That is not debatable. May I make a suggestion? How about a Tic Tac? Breathsavers? Scope? Milk Bone? Yes. That was rude of me. Sorry. How about breathing in THAT direction instead. Cool.

See the first thing on my list. :muttley:

Whiny people.
People moving my stuff or putting it back in the wrong place. (I like to know where my **** is)
Selfish people.
Dumb people who try to speak with authority.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I hate, and I mean HATE, when you let somebody into traffic and you cannot get a courtesy wave. Nothing pisses me off more and I honestly consider driving the front end of my truck right up your ***. Grrrrrr I'm getting mad just thinking about it.

I don't owe you anything. I certainly don't owe you a spot in traffic. So, be nice and throw a thank you wave. It takes 2 seconds.

timb2

Reaction score
I will not date a chick who has all those piercings in her face. So many pretty women they put all that crap in their face turns me off. Maybe I could tolerate an eyebrow ring but that crap in their cheeks,lips,and noses doesn't do a thing for me.

Facial tattoos the same thing are a big turn off.The only chick I would go after is Inkmasters Tatu Baby,but she is getting close to being a turn off.

Those bombastic women who hate men. Basically they hate men because no man wants to date them or put up with their loudmouth crap. These are the women who want a gender war, mad at men who like attractive women and mad because they are pyschologically allergic and refuse to wear Maybelline and ever finding out what a Stairmaster means!!!! These are the same women who get mad when someone calls them "Sir" because you can't tell the difference or figure out what the heck they are......................... I love a woman who has the confidence to show her beauty and ladylike confident demeanor to know she has all the power by being a FOXY BABE without even raising her voice.!! She doesn't have to be rail thin ,lot of curvey women have it going on also.

haleyrules

Reaction score
I will not date a chick who has all those piercings in her face. So many pretty women they put all that crap in their face turns me off. Maybe I could tolerate an eyebrow ring but that crap in their cheeks,lips,and noses doesn't do a thing for me.

Facial tattoos the same thing are a big turn off.The only chick I would go after is Inkmasters Tatu Baby,but she is getting close to being a turn off.

Those bombastic women who hate men. Basically they hate men because no man wants to date them or put up with their loudmouth crap. These are the women who want a gender war, mad at men who like attractive women and mad because they are pyschologically allergic and refuse to wear Maybelline and ever finding out what a Stairmaster means!!!! These are the same women who get mad when someone calls them "Sir" because you can't tell the difference or figure out what the heck they are......................... I love a woman who has the confidence to show her beauty and ladylike confident demeanor to know she has all the power by being a FOXY BABE without even raising her voice.!! She doesn't have to be rail thin ,lot of curvey women have it going on also.
Amen.