Pet peeves

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
LMAO. A Connecticut Yankee in Cowboys Zone. But I do think it's interesting to see how close some posters are to each other.

No one has admitted to being close to me. Afraid of a visit?

You can't be too close as I don't smell that awful stench from here. So I'm guessing you're at least 800+ miles away.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
People driving on the highway, in the passing lane & going 2 mph over the speed limit. After a few minutes of riding their bumper, they reluctantly slide over to the other lane, only to flip you the bird because YOU were in the wrong for tailgating them.

OR....

People driving on the highway, in the passing lane, going 2 mph over the speed limit and the slow lane is WIDE OPEN. Instead of riding their bumper, I decide to take advantage of the wide open slow lane & pass them, only to be flipped the bird because YOU should be passing people in the fast lane and not the slow lane.

:banghead:
People who drive the same speed as the person next to them, blocking the two right lanes

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Ever been behind someone who rides over the fog line onto the shoulder? Is it wrong to hope they go completely off the road and into the weeds?
I saw no.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ever been behind someone who rides over the fog line onto the shoulder? Is it wrong to hope they go completely off the road and into the weeds?
I saw no.
Fog line? Is that what you call the rumble strip?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A major highway peeve of mine is when merging onto the highway. On occasion, I get that impatient idiot behind me(and I don't merge slow either) tailgating me while I am close to someone in front of me.....so I can't go anywhere either.

When I am finally able to merge in, this guy jets out past me and cuts me off from merging. He knows I am trying to squeeze in yet it is all about him. Here in Cali, that is a big deal since we usually only have 20yds to do so before you are jettisoned onto the Autobahn and no shoulder in many cases :angry:

It is times like that where I wish I drove a clunker to give the jerk a metal nudge........

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
The only good thing about living up in snow country is when/if you get in front of the idiot that flipped you off and who is now tailgating you, funny that it takes them to get mad in order to drive faster than the speed limit, is that you can slide over to the shoulder and give their windshield a good dose of ice, salt & mud. :lmao:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People driving on the highway, in the passing lane, going 2 mph over the speed limit and the slow lane is WIDE OPEN. Instead of riding their bumper, I decide to take advantage of the wide open slow lane & pass them, only to be flipped the bird because YOU should be passing people in the fast lane and not the slow lane.
There is another variation of this exact example.

SEVERAL cars, like five or ten or more, using the slow lane to pass a SINGLE vehicle clogging the passing lane.

That is not the crazy part though.

The insane part is looking back in your rear view mirror to see if that SINGLE driver had gotten the Captain Obvious hint by moving over into the wide open slow lane--only to witness ANOTHER group of vehicles bunched up behind that same person expecting him or her to GET OUT OF THEIR WAY!

I really do think there are people in this world who honestly believe the rules of the road do not apply to them.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Any cars on the highway the same time I am. I should have full reign over the highways when I'm driving. Get the bleep off!

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
and I have A LOT! Here’s a few to get it started, what are yours?

Smokers throwing their cigarettes out the window
-it’s so bad and disgusting that you don’t want it in your own car that you just stank up yet you inhale it in your body and then pollute the world with your cancer trash

Calling a 21 year old a kid
-yes, this happens in almost every thread here. A 21 year old is a man or a woman, not a kid!

When I hold the door open for people and they don’t say thank you

People who don’t rack their weights or wipe off their sweat from gym equipment

"Driving slow in the left lane"

Talking/texting on the phone while driving

This one, "Driving slow in the left lane". They are an enemy of the state!. They seem to be the most clueless folks on the planet.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This one, "Driving slow in the left lane". They are an enemy of the state!. They seem to be the most clueless folks on the planet.
No. The ones who have to gun it to pass you, then move over in front of you and slow down to ten mph slower than you were going... Those are the most clueless folks on the planet. I know this because they couldn't possibly have any idea of what I may someday do to them.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
No. The ones who have to gun it to pass you, then move over in front of you and slow down to ten mph slower than you were going... Those are the most clueless folks on the planet. I know this because they couldn't possibly have any idea of what I may someday do to them.
Yes, that' a big one, maybe bigger than driving slow in the left lane. I've never figured out the logic of pushing you over to the right lane so they can pass, only to pull in front of you.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Guys, I have something for you and I would like you to take a week or two and then report back your findings.

I find the following traits of most slow left lane drivers. It's not all of them, but a MASSIVE majority of them.
  • They drive Honda CRVs (when you look at the lady driving, you would swear she is about to break out into a knitting session)
  • They drive Toyota RAV4s
  • They drive Mini Vans
  • They drive trucks (this might be less likely in Texas since so many drive trucks, but up here it's different)
  • Stupid livery drivers. (black car taxis)
As I said, there are others that do this, but most of them fall into the above cars. I do on the other hand know some at least one CRV driver that drives faster than I do hah.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guys, I have something for you and I would like you to take a week or two and then report back your findings.

I find the following traits of most slow left lane drivers. It's not all of them, but a MASSIVE majority of them.
  • They drive Honda CRVs (when you look at the lady driving, you would swear she is about to break out into a knitting session)
  • They drive Toyota RAV4s
  • They drive Mini Vans
  • They drive trucks (this might be less likely in Texas since so many drive trucks, but up here it's different)
  • Stupid livery drivers. (black car taxis)
As I said, there are others that do this, but most of them fall into the above cars. I do on the other hand know some at least one CRV driver that drives faster than I do hah.
It may be a regional thing because none of those examples apply from my personal experience. I can recollect noticing Nissan Altimas, Sentras, and various Buicks. There are the occasional trucks and motorcycles but not often SUVs.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
It may be a regional thing because none of those examples apply from my personal experience. I can recollect noticing Nissan Altimas, Sentras, and various Buicks. There are the occasional trucks and motorcycles but not often SUVs.

I said come back in two weeks after you've come across them!

The reason I say that is because when someone points stuff out that I never really paid any attention too. All the sudden I see that crap all the time! rofl

I have a buddy Dan I shared this with a long time ago and he came over about three weeks later telling me how he never noticed it but it was true!