Pet peeves

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I can throw a rock from my yard and hit Danbury.

I knew you lived in Connecticut, but I wasn't sure where about. I lived in Darien for about nine years. I sold my house about three years ago and moved to an apartment in Danbury. I wasn't sure I was going to like living in Danbury, but after living here for three years, I went ahead and bought a house. I basically live in a forest of rolling hills. It's really nice. Though I'm a bit concerned about winter where my house is located. Some of the streets get pretty steep and if they are covered in snow or ice. ....yeah, I'm staying home. hah

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why is that? I've been pretty happy here. Granted I avoid i84 at all cost, but that avoidance has been pretty easy to do based on my location within Danbury.
One giant 25 mph speed limit. Roads that travel in random directions, okay for a rural town, but not a city. It's just one of those places that's a pain in the *** to go through, on your way to somewhere else.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
One giant 25 mph speed limit. Roads that travel in random directions, okay for a rural town, but not a city. It's just one of those places that's a pain in the *** to go through, on your way to somewhere else.

I drive 80mph everywhere I go. hah

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I knew you lived in Connecticut, but I wasn't sure where about. I lived in Darien for about nine years. I sold my house about three years ago and moved to an apartment in Danbury. I wasn't sure I was going to like living in Danbury, but after living here for three years, I went ahead and bought a house. I basically live in a forest of rolling hills. It's really nice. Though I'm a bit concerned about winter where my house is located. Some of the streets get pretty steep and if they are covered in snow or ice. ....yeah, I'm staying home. hah

I'm in Redding, walking distance to the train station, it's like Petticoat Junction (if you remember that show). A friend used to say Redding has more deer than people...lol.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Try San Antonio. When it was founded, they got Juan Sanchez and his burro drunk and had them layout the roads. Sometimes Juan would fall off they'd separate for a while.

New Orleans is another fun one. They got tired of the street names and just changed them and I think some changed, when I first moved there, while I was on them.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'm in Redding, walking distance to the train station, it's like Petticoat Junction (if you remember that show). A friend used to say Redding has more deer than people...lol.

Oh yeah, I know Redding. You're a lot closer than I thought. I drive through there on my way to the observatory in Westport. (faster I can get off that speed trap route 7 the better!)

I figured you were closer to Hartford as I heard you say something about Woodbury or Waterbury or something the other day.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh yeah, I know Redding. You're a lot closer than I thought. I drive through there on my way to the observatory in Westport. (faster I can get off that speed trap route 7 the better!)

I figured you were closer to Hartford as I heard you say something about Woodbury or Waterbury or something the other day.
He was riding through Woodbury at the time.

You guys are only about 20 minutes apart. You've probably waved to each other on your bikes!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nice little town, with a bit of money. Amazing how backed up traffic gets, going into the center of town though.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score

Yeah rt 7 is no joy, I tend to ride up towards Litchfiled county, less traffic up that way.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Nice little town, with a bit of money. Amazing how backed up traffic gets, going into the center of town though.

Yeah I grew up here(actually Georgetown, but the Redding side) life before it became a preppy little town. I probably have to smallest house in town, but it has a great school system for my kids.