Pet Peeves

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I 100% get this. Before I got my current position, I used to work on a large campus. For the most part, people understood that hallway directions are much like a road. Every now and then though, you would get some idiot walking on the wrong side (going "upstream"), and I would just keep on in my direction. Then they give you some dirty look like you're in their lane. lol

I also hated when groups would congregate in the middle of the hall to chat, clogging up the entire middle, and force people to squeeze around their circle. Not me. I would walk directly down the center of their conversation. :D
This is why I avoid the mall.

Creeper

Reaction score
I went to the grocery store today to pick up some last minute items for Thanksgiving dinner. The store was packed. There were no parking spaces to be had anywhere. People were driving around waiting for someone to pull out just to park and run into the store for a bag of marshmallows for their sweet potatoes casserole. But wouldn't you know it. Not one but two really inconsiderate rear-openings I can't mention, were parked in two parking spaces. One was half in one spot and half in the other. What kind of a rude, inconsiderate jerk does it take to pull such a stunt when the lot is so crowded? There should be a punishment that involves jumper cables, a car battery and intense pain to the nethers for that.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get really annoyed when the car ahead of me is tailgating so close to the car in front of him that he is always tapping his brakes. Every second or so the guy in front of me will tap his brakes and it causes me to slow down because I don't know if the idiot is actually making a stop. I try to give myself room so I don't have to touch my brakes but that's when someone else thinks the space is to get in front of me, and then the cycle continues. Now, the new guy in front of me starts to tap his brakes in response to the guy in front of him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Is there a whine fest forum? There should be. But it is entertaining to see people get so upset of such minor things. You Karens have no idea how good you’ve got it.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is there a whine fest forum? There should be. But it is entertaining to see people get so upset of such minor things. You Karens have no idea how good you’ve got it.
Identifying pet peeves is not whining and it is a long way from a full-on "Karen" melt-down.

And, yes, I suspect most on the forum have a lot to be thankful and understand that, compared to most of the world, we still have it pretty good here.

Thanks for your post

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Holy crap, of all the people to be calling others "Karens"! You've shown just how incredibly tolerant you are every day for as long as I've been on this site.

nobody

Reaction score
Holy crap, of all the people to be calling others "Karens"! You've shown just how incredibly tolerant you are every day for as long as I've been on this site.

I'm surprised you haven't ignored that clown yet. He offers zero positive contributions to the forums and thrives on generating antagonism.

timb2

Reaction score
Driving in my car and needing to get somewhere, every traffic light turns red and it only turns green after I have lost all patience and seems like forever. Yet when I want to be stopped at a red light so I can grab a water bottle or change the radio . That same red light changes in about 2 seconds.

Cops are never there when you get some douchebag punk blasting his stereo at the gas pumps. Yet I will be there at the gas pumps and I miss the trashcan with a piece of paper and that cop from nowhere is ready to pounce on me if I don't pick it up fast enough.

jsb357

Reaction score
cell phone laggers at street lights
loud exhaust and thump trunks
blind spot riders
pass to get in front and then slow down
people who drive less than the speed limit when a cop is around
left hand lane hogs
1.08 at the dollar tree and put it on the card

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My #1 all time is someone the passes me and immediately makes me stop so they can turn! You are going to get the "Greasy Finger!" and maybe a fight if you're up to it!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I had a guy in a little box truck stopped at a light next to me, on my right. The light turns green, he races to get in front of me before his lane merges, then immediately stops to turn left. Then he throws his arms up in disbelief as I wail my air horn.