Pet Peeves

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Weed blowers. If you had a car as loud as one of those, you would be laughably out of compliance with noise ordinances, and would be required to get the car fixed. The bleepin' things are insanely loud and stir up a bunch of dust into the air. I hate them. I wish they would use leaf rakes.

Sometimes I'm trying to do my work from home job, which requires plenty of concentration, and I have to put up with one or more of those insanely loud machines. Then with all that dust stirred up, it provokes my allergies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Weed blowers. If you had a car as loud as one of those, you would be laughably out of compliance with noise ordinances, and would be required to get the car fixed. The bleepin' things are insanely loud and stir up a bunch of dust into the air. I hate them. I wish they would use leaf rakes.

Sometimes I'm trying to do my work from home job, which requires plenty of concentration, and I have to put up with one or more of those insanely loud machines. Then with all that dust stirred up, it provokes my allergies.
You can have my leaf blower when you pry it from my cold, dead hand!!!...Of course, you'll have to unstrap it from my back too.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Waiting in line in my car at a fast food restaurant and the car in front of tells the order person to hold on while they decide what they want. Seriously, you have been to McDonald's a million times. The menu does not change. You should have it memorized. Besides you only order two things on the menu. You could have decided while in line.

Little punks that have no respect for older people or kids and talk loud using every curse word available.

Waiters or waitresses referring to me or my wife as honey or darling.

Bringing my entre out 2 minutes after I got my appetizer.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Waiting in line in my car at a fast food restaurant and the car in front of tells the order person to hold on while they decide what they want. Seriously, you have been to McDonald's a million times. The menu does not change. You should have it memorized. Besides you only order two things on the menu. You could have decided while in line.

Little punks that have no respect for older people or kids and talk loud using every curse word available.

So your first pet peeve is that it takes too long to get fast food….

…and your fourth pet peeve is you get your food too fast…..

;)

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

Plus, the menu's right there in front of them where you order, and you can always see it online. Yes, I find it bizarre if someone goes to McDonald's without knowing what they want.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Pisses me off too, especially when only one person is in the car. Dude… it’s a hamburger or a chicken sandwich, a Coke or a Sprite, and you get fries. Order!

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

Haha, happens all the time at Raising Cane's Chicken. They have like 3 items on the menu, chicken fingers, fries and cole slaw. And your drinks and bread. That's it, yet i have seen people just sit and stare at the menu for in what seems forever all the while cars are getting backed up in the line.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Haha, happens all the time at Raising Cane's Chicken. They have like 3 items on the menu, chicken fingers, fries and cole slaw. And your drinks and bread. That's it, yet i have seen people just sit and stare at the menu for in what seems forever all the while cars are getting backed up in the line.
It's the people inside who stand there gabbing with each other or staring at their phones up until the second the cashier says, "Can I help you?" that really bother me.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
It's the people inside who stand there gabbing with each other or staring at their phones up until the second the cashier says, "Can I help you?" that really bother me.
Yep those as well, got a couple young people where I work that just cannot survive without their cell phone

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Here's one more
Parents that do not watch their children in restaurants.
I flew to Phoenix a couple years ago and there was a kid directly behind me. He kept kicking the back of my seat. At first it was like "meh, kids!", but after an hour into the flight, I was REALLY trying to keep my cool. His mom would softly be like "Stop that" and then he would do it for another 15 minutes. I would have had my kid straightened up the first couple times they did that to somebody's seat.

Funny, my buddy was telling me this not long ago that his wife does this. He said the same thing. "You've been to McDonald's 1 million times. What do you mean you don't know what to order??" haha

I cannot wait to get a Raising Cane's in Boise. Supposedly by next year. *fingers crossed*

homer-simpsons-the-simpsons.gif

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I flew to Phoenix a couple years ago and there was a kid directly behind me. He kept kicking the back of my seat. At first it was like "meh, kids!", but after an hour into the flight, I was REALLY trying to keep my cool. His mom would softly be like "Stop that" and then he would do it for another 15 minutes. I would have had my kid straightened up the first couple times they did that to somebody's seat.

Funny, my buddy was telling me this not long ago that his wife does this. He said the same thing. "You've been to McDonald's 1 million times. What do you mean you don't know what to order??" haha

I cannot wait to get a Raising Cane's in Boise. Supposedly by next year. *fingers crossed*

homer-simpsons-the-simpsons.gif
They have a very simplistic menu and do it very well, sweet tea isn't bad either. Here's another one, people that sit at the at the menu before the one you order at in the drive soon. The one that doesn't even have a microphone or speaker, some people shouldn't be allowed in the general public:laugh:

csirl

Reaction score
My kids tell me that anytime they go through a McDonalds drive thru with my mother in law, she trys to order stuff that is not on the menu and then argues with the staff when they dont have it e.g. asking for a whopper.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Okay, I put some deadly “P” words in my list, so I’ll just go with this….

Technophiles who upgrade to upgrade. No, your newest IPhone did not suddenly improve your quality of life. That new tablet may have better processing power, but the apps remain the same. I don’t need a Fitbit when my digital watch can do it. Come to think of it, I probably didn’t need a digital watch either because it’s basically just an over-glorified MP3 player when I’m doing yard work. Too much unnecessary junk and probably only contributes to the dumbing down of our society, because people associate ‘progress,’ ‘science’ and ‘technology’ with the latest gadget that didn’t improve anything.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Okay, I put some deadly “P” words in my list, so I’ll just go with this….

Technophiles who upgrade to upgrade. No, your newest IPhone did not suddenly improve your quality of life. That new tablet may have better processing power, but the apps remain the same. I don’t need a Fitbit when my digital watch can do it. Come to think of it, I probably didn’t need a digital watch either because it’s basically just an over-glorified MP3 player when I’m doing yard work. Too much unnecessary junk and probably only contributes to the dumbing down of our society, because people associate ‘progress,’ ‘science’ and ‘technology’ with the latest gadget that didn’t improve anything.
I have a buddy that's like this with his cell phones. Every time a new phone model comes out, he has to run out and get it, and then go on trying to brag about his new phone model. I'm like "Wow, texts just like your last one did. Oh, it opens up a Facebook app exactly like your last one did. Neat!" :D (because that's pretty much all he does with it lol)

:muttley:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have a buddy that's like this with his cell phones. Every time a new phone model comes out, he has to run out and get it, and then go on trying to brag about his new phone model. I'm like "Wow, texts just like your last one did. Oh, it opens up a Facebook app exactly like your last one did. Neat!" :D (because that's pretty much all he does with it lol)

:muttley:
I just tell people, "Wow, I only paid $240 for my phone, and it syncs up with pretty much everything that isn't an Apple product."

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I find it annoying that in movies and on TV, when a train hits a car or something, it usually just keeps going. I assume that's not what would happen in real life.