Peter King: Friction between Rodgers and head coach

blueblood70

Reaction score
..funny though, 2 yrs ago, everything was backwards. MM was terrible coach and Lafluer was stuff dreams are made of.

GB was super bowl destined. Dallas was still heap of troubles.

2 yrs later. Almost 360 turn.
well you can hide and work around an issue lie this when you have 3 years straight of what 13-3 and NFCCG appearances but when you have a tumultuous offseason of will he stay or go. then rogers gets a raise and stays ,they then ship off Adams and 2 other WR targets as a punishment and give AR less weapons as if to say ok go prove you are elite. and now a bad start will escalate the already bubbling issues.

the FIO, Ownership, HC and Rogers all new these issues were there and should have not caved and forced another year or 2 of this, you simply should have traded Rogers and hit reboot to a point this season. use all the draft picks from Adams and Roger's to go get it turned around quickly.

kskboys

Reaction score
Packer fan here. Just a couple of thoughts. Davante wanted out of Green Bay. His family never saw him play in Lambeau and he wanted to be close to them. He asked Rodgers to help him get the front office to move him to Vegas. Rodgers being his close friend, did his part even though the Packers offered more money. Rodgers probably told Adams he was only going to play a year or two and did not want to be in Green Bay without Rodgers.

Supposedly the Packers were offered a huge return by Denver before they made the Russell Wilson deal. The Packers GM wanted to do the deal but Mark Murphy would not let it happen. The whole leadership thing has gotten screwed up in the last few years where before it was Ron Wolf or Ted Thompson that called all shots, not it is a stupid triangle of buffonery with Mark Murphy the head and Russ Ball, Guttenkust, and Lafleur all answering to him. They need to fix that

The front office has failed Rodgers over the past ten years. They never drafted top offensive talent and never a WR or TE, Offensive linemen or running back in the 1st round. Their only 1st round pick on offense in the past ten years has been Jordan Love. They only draft defense and then hire idiot coaches that can't put a system together. I see frustration on Rodgers. He cant carry the team like he used to. He can still make some great throws but I dont see it consistently. Up until this year, he was the best QB I have ever seen play. But age has taken a toll. Now he is just medicore at best with a cast of players around him that just are not very good. Time to move on after this year.
Good inside info. Much appreciated.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
shocking I tell ya.
just shocking.

rodgers forced them to give him an extension at 50M per year and it murdered the roster costing him his beat weapons.

CWR

Reaction score
True but they apparently misjudged Adam's value to Rodgers........I'm guessing they will get him a top WR during the off-season. They really have no choice coz his contract means he will either be a Packer next season or retire.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/aaron-rodgers-3745/

I have to admit I've been a bit surprised to see how well the stud wrs have done without their stud qbs. I suspected the qbs made the wrs looks better, but it may be the other way around.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rodgers salary cap hit by year:

2022 $28.5M ($151M dead money)
2023 $31.6M ($99.7M dead money)
2024 $40.7M ($24.4M dead money)
2025 $59.3M ($16.3M dead money)
2026 $53.5M ($8.1M dead money)

Rodgers is gone after the 2023 season based on salary vs. dead money so do not use his contract as a reason why the team didn't surround him with more talent.....especially seeing as how Green Bay has always been a frugal organization and have $25M in dead cap this season due to bad moves and roughly $7M in available cap space remaining.

Based on that logic then Dak is hamstringing the team to acquire more talent given he counts $49M in 2023 and $52M in 2024.

Rodgers signed a 3 year 150M extension in March. We should pretend that is NOT hamstringing GB? :facepalm:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I have to admit I've been a bit surprised to see how well the stud wrs have done without their stud qbs. I suspected the qbs made the wrs looks better, but it may be the other way around.

Which ones are you referring to? Adams is doing okay but didn't he have a 1 catch for 3 yards game here recently? Hill is clearly lighting it up in Miami. Getting to play 90% of your games in warm weather is a real plus for a speed guy. Marquise Brown aint doin nothin in his new digs.. Julio Jones aint doin nothin.. but I guess we kinda expected that. His body is taking him into retirement. AJ Brown is kinda ballin for Philly I guess.. Should be interesting to see if it continues. The Philly offense has shown signs of getting figured out. Gimmicks always do eventually. The question is how far can they ride it before it happens..

tunahelper

Reaction score
Why would you say he is far from washed up? There are many signs pointing toward him being really close to washed up.

Early in the year he demonstrated his great arm and touch when I watched him. Put capable players around him and he will produce.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Exactly........look at Hill, Adams and Brown. Hell, Brown and Hill are turning two QBs who were mocked and laughed at last season into top 10 players

Reactions: CWR

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is a coach-killing cancer! If I’m the HC/GM in Green Bay, he’d be the first one on the trading block. Guy is an arrogant douchebag who never wants to own responsibility.

LOL....nah, look at his contract, you stuck with him until at least 2024, unless he retires

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
1198311794.jpg.jpg

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Packer fan here. Just a couple of thoughts. Davante wanted out of Green Bay. His family never saw him play in Lambeau and he wanted to be close to them. He asked Rodgers to help him get the front office to move him to Vegas. Rodgers being his close friend, did his part even though the Packers offered more money. Rodgers probably told Adams he was only going to play a year or two and did not want to be in Green Bay without Rodgers.

Supposedly the Packers were offered a huge return by Denver before they made the Russell Wilson deal. The Packers GM wanted to do the deal but Mark Murphy would not let it happen. The whole leadership thing has gotten screwed up in the last few years where before it was Ron Wolf or Ted Thompson that called all shots, not it is a stupid triangle of buffonery with Mark Murphy the head and Russ Ball, Guttenkust, and Lafleur all answering to him. They need to fix that

The front office has failed Rodgers over the past ten years. They never drafted top offensive talent and never a WR or TE, Offensive linemen or running back in the 1st round. Their only 1st round pick on offense in the past ten years has been Jordan Love. They only draft defense and then hire idiot coaches that can't put a system together. I see frustration on Rodgers. He cant carry the team like he used to. He can still make some great throws but I dont see it consistently. Up until this year, he was the best QB I have ever seen play. But age has taken a toll. Now he is just medicore at best with a cast of players around him that just are not very good. Time to move on after this year.

I always see this but, frankly, it's lost on me. Davante Adams may not have been first round be he is consistently excellent. They've been great at developing OL from later rounds. Their RBs are awesome.

Offensively the Packers have always been terrifying with Rodgers at the helm. Nobody has failed him. They got deep into the playoffs regularly but just couldn't finish. No shame there, most teams don't. I think everyone looks at Brady and the Pats and thinks why can't Rodgers/Mahomes/Allen/etc. do it as well. The fact is that a SuperBowl win is very hard, and doing it multiple times is even harder.

JayFord

Reaction score
I understand Rodgers is a hall of fame qb but sometimes the coach needs to be the coach and tell the player do what is called and run the plays that are being called

and if it results in you being fired then so be it, thats the nature of leadership and why it changes so much

plus youve had success and youll find another job