Peter King: Friction between Rodgers and head coach

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I think the Packers would love to trade him next year. Is he going to walk away from that much money?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I think the Packers would love to trade him next year. Is he going to walk away from that much money?

A-rod has an ego and would go somewhere else, plenty of teams would make the bag of money needed to get him.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
Couldn’t happen to a better guy than Rodgers. One of the more self centered guys to lace em up. Has a ton of talent only eclipsed by an even larger ego.

It's not nice to say in life we "hate" another person but Rodgers has firmly entrenched himself in my hate club. He seems a truly horrible human being and what's playing out is so nice to watch.

Please no banana skin this week, let's kill the Packers and then get a great shot of big Mike running (sorry..........waddling) out to midfield to say well done to Rodgers - can't wait.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It’s pretty clear now AR is the problem.

Dont get me wron I'm no A-rod fan but that team is not good, is he 5 years ago A-rod..hell no, but he is still a good QB, he is a Dbag in real life but he also plays on a bad roster. Now it could be his fault the roster is bad but that would be highley debatable.

terra

Reaction score
I am wondering if Rodgers ever had a coach that he did not have 'friction' with?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Packers are clearly broke and not fixable this season. It's sad to see Rodgers's career end this way unless you don't like him. This will not be a game we should lose. The Cowboys just need to handle their own business by whipping the snot out of that team on their home field.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I just wanna see Diggs or Parsons take one back for a TD then Lambeau Leap into the stands. :muttley:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Couldn’t happen to a better guy than Rodgers. One of the more self centered guys to lace em up. Has a ton of talent only eclipsed by an even larger ego.

I don't get why so many sided with Rodgers over MM. Rodgers is what you just said. It's never his fault and he will throw any of his teammates under the bus for losses. It was for the best both of them separated from each other but when adversity hits, Rodgers turns into a little kid throwing a tantrum. It becomes toxic. I couldn't imagine having to coach him or be his teammate. I don't blame Adams wanting to get away from him. At some point, it isn't worth it having to put up with Rodgers and his ego every year.

This goes back to college at Cal when Rodgers threw a tantrum when UT was selected over Cal for the Rose Bowl. Then it was extremely awkward months later when he was left in the draft green room until the 20s picks when GB finally selected him.

He's a good regular season QB. Playoffs are a different story when the defense tightens up and harder to move up and down the field. 2 of his NFC title game appearances came because we completely dropped the ball and we had some horrendous defenses.

CWR

Reaction score
Which ones are you referring to? Adams is doing okay but didn't he have a 1 catch for 3 yards game here recently? Hill is clearly lighting it up in Miami. Getting to play 90% of your games in warm weather is a real plus for a speed guy. Marquise Brown aint doin nothin in his new digs.. Julio Jones aint doin nothin.. but I guess we kinda expected that. His body is taking him into retirement. AJ Brown is kinda ballin for Philly I guess.. Should be interesting to see if it continues. The Philly offense has shown signs of getting figured out. Gimmicks always do eventually. The question is how far can they ride it before it happens..

AJ, Devantee, and Hill are straight balling. Everyone knew Julio was done after Tennessee. Hollywood wasn't never elite.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hold on to the memory of him sitting and waiting for his name to be called in the draft, only to see player after player drafted ahead of him.

kskboys

Reaction score
well you can hide and work around an issue lie this when you have 3 years straight of what 13-3 and NFCCG appearances but when you have a tumultuous offseason of will he stay or go. then rogers gets a raise and stays ,they then ship off Adams and 2 other WR targets as a punishment and give AR less weapons as if to say ok go prove you are elite. and now a bad start will escalate the already bubbling issues.

the FIO, Ownership, HC and Rogers all new these issues were there and should have not caved and forced another year or 2 of this, you simply should have traded Rogers and hit reboot to a point this season. use all the draft picks from Adams and Roger's to go get it turned around quickly.
The punishment thingie is incorrect. GB offered Davante more than LV did. He wanted to leave.

Praxit

Reaction score
...Dallas will probably help bury the hatchett Sunday.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Hmmm .....have we not seen this movie before (lol). So many fans/posters wanted to take MM to the woods.....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/07/jets-bears-justin-fields-peter-king-fmia-week-9/

1. I think this was a great piece of writing from Tom Silverstein, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s longtime Packers authority, on Sunday night, on the looming conflict between coach Matt LaFleur and quarterback Aaron Rodgers as the Green Bay season goes down the drain:

LaFleur wants more motion, Rodgers wants less. LaFleur likes the quarterback under center, Rodgers likes shotgun. LaFleur needs Rodgers to be patient and supportive of the young receivers and Rodgers suggested after the game they need more hurry-up and believes in tough love.

Does anyone really think LaFleur came up with the tackle-eligible play that called for Rodgers to throw the ball to David Bakhtiari, a guy who can barely practice during the week because of the four surgeries he’s had on his left knee?

200w.gif