Peter King: Friction between Rodgers and head coach

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
So....it wasn't Mike? I think this goes to show that Aaron Rodgers is a massive diva and a completely big headed jerk who needs to go away.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
For those claiming Rodgers is washed up and is an ego maniac, keep in mind these are his stats from the last 2 seasons (2020 & 2021) with team record:

26 wins 6 losses

738 of 1,057 69.8% Comp % 8,414 yards 11.4 ypc 85 td's 9 int's 116.7 qb rating

Rodgers is forcing things given his below average supporting cast but to say he is washed up given he has put up those kind of stats says differently.

Our fans are dumb and there is no amount of evidence you can show them that would force them to be objective.

They smell blood in the water with Rodgers so they’re chomping at the bit to criticize.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hopefully they take one more week to get on the same page.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Our fans are dumb and there is no amount of evidence you can show them that would force them to be objective.

They smell blood in the water with Rodgers so they’re chomping at the bit to criticize.

While I'm mostly ambivalent as to whether Rodgers is or is not washed I will say this.. When Father Time catches you it's seldom a gradual decline. It's usually a cliff. As for evidence of his greatness? Yes he was marvelous the last two seasons.. But that was last year.. and we're no longer playing "last year." THIS year he has stunk.. We can discuss the reasons for it till the cows come home.. but the evidence says.. "this guy stinks.." I heard on the radio last night that he threw three red zone INTs on Sunday. THREE?!?!? I didn't watch the game but if that's true? Good lord.. in a game they lost by 4? Eat the ball on two of those and kick the FG and they win. Wow.. just wow.. I'm just hoping he stays in this funk one more week.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
and you know him personally to make that statement?

What a pathetic remark

While I generally agree that it's impossible to truly know a person from a distance, Rodgers has gifted us with plenty of information as to his character over the last few years..

1) He lied about being "innoculated" and generally regarded himself as exempt from rules everyone else had to follow.
2) He interacted closely with media and team members, some of whom may have immune system issues that could have led the disease which shall not be named to actually kill them.
3) He brags about doing LSD in the offseason
4) He refuses to speak to his own parents (or is it they refuse to speak to him.)
5) He constantly throws his teammates under the bus when the team fails
6) He ran the coach who essentially made him who he is out of town.

The evidence that he's not a good human being is considerable. Great athlete.. less than fine human.. Not the first nor the last. It is what it is.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
While I'm mostly ambivalent as to whether Rodgers is or is not washed I will say this.. When Father Time catches you it's seldom a gradual decline. It's usually a cliff. As for evidence of his greatness? Yes he was marvelous the last two seasons.. But that was last year.. and we're no longer playing "last year." THIS year he has stunk.. We can discuss the reasons for it till the cows come home.. but the evidence says.. "this guy stinks.." I heard on the radio last night that he threw three red zone INTs on Sunday. THREE?!?!? I didn't watch the game but if that's true? Good lord.. in a game they lost by 4? Eat the ball on two of those and kick the FG and they win. Wow.. just wow.. I'm just hoping he stays in this funk one more week.

Tell me about it....a few years after the second marriage and a few years removed from 50 I had a rotator cuff tear, hip ligament tear, and now spinal surgery.....age sucks and is cruel indeed.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GB would have been better off trading Rodgers and going in a full on rebuild mode. Given the deal Denver gave to Seattle for Wilson GB could possibly have received a similar package especially seeing as how the GB OC became the Broncos HC.
What was the point of paying Rodgers if they can't afford Davante Adams....

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Tell me about it....a few years after the second marriage and a few years removed from 50 I had a rotator cuff tear, hip ligament tear, and now spinal surgery.....age sucks and is cruel indeed.

Yeah age doesn't care anything about our pride or what we did in the past. It comes for us full bore and is ruthless when it gets us. I run at the local middle school 3 times a week and have been doing so since the disease that shall not be named shut down the gyms. Yes they've opened back up but getting to the track reminded me that running outdoors is better than running on a treadmill so I've kept it up. I must say I've been very happy with the results. I reset my "normal" weight to 10-15 pounds lower (from 200 to 186) than before and I feel much much better overall. I can also now wear my 34" jeans again!! And even some of the 32's if they are baggie cut.. but those are out of style... for now.. LOL!

Over these last two years I see some of the same parents and coaches bringing their athletes/kids out to train and they all say the same thing: "I see you're still gittin it in!" .. And my response is always the same.. "I know Father Time is coming for me.. why sit around and wait for him?" I know eventually all the little aches and pains I feel will force me to stop.. But I am determined to fight until I just can't fight no mo. I'm grateful that the Good Lord has spared my spine and my knees so far.. Though I've had one of those impingements in my neck for like 15 years.. It never really causes pain.. just a little numbness in one hand.. that I can fight off with, you guessed it, neck exercises. I am supposed to do like 10-12 neck exercises for 20 minutes every day.. but who can remember all that!?!?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yeah age doesn't care anything about our pride or what we did in the past. It comes for us full bore and is ruthless when it gets us. I run at the local middle school 3 times a week and have been doing so since the disease that shall not be named shut down the gyms. Yes they've opened back up but getting to the track reminded me that running outdoors is better than running on a treadmill so I've kept it up. I must say I've been very happy with the results. I reset my "normal" weight to 10-15 pounds lower (from 200 to 186) than before and I feel much much better overall. I can also now wear my 34" jeans again!! And even some of the 32's if they are baggie cut.. but those are out of style... for now.. LOL!

Over these last two years I see some of the same parents and coaches bringing their athletes/kids out to train and they all say the same thing: "I see you're still gittin it in!" .. And my response is always the same.. "I know Father Time is coming for me.. why sit around and wait for him?" I know eventually all the little aches and pains I feel will force me to stop.. But I am determined to fight until I just can't fight no mo. I'm grateful that the Good Lord has spared my spine and my knees so far.. Though I've had one of those impingements in my neck for like 15 years.. It never really causes pain.. just a little numbness in one hand.. that I can fight off with, you guessed it, neck exercises. I am supposed to do like 10-12 neck exercises for 20 minutes every day.. but who can remember all that!?!?

Count your blessings my friend and here's to hoping that 2023 brings me back to the younger me....unlikely but still going to push to get there.

Flamma

Reaction score
I count two wins against Rodgers (2008, 2016). Where do they get three?

I guess they're counting the 2007 loss to the Cowboys. Favre got hurt, then Rodgers came in with 3 minutes left in the first.