Peter King takes issue with the player's relatives attacking Dak on social media

khiladi

Reaction score

Hadenough

Reaction score
These things also have a way of blowing over.

Yes, dak is human....but hes also the leader even if de facto. He can tell the media he understands frustrations, he has 'em too....and rally the troops like a good leader does.

Or...not.
They have a way of blowing over if it's the first or second time. But it's bad right now and the players are speaking through the family members. I can only imagine these players in the locker room when Daks not there. This is not going to blow over at all.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Time to learn and understand as to why those INTs keep being committed in the playoffs...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The last contract. He wouldn't take Jerry's offers and gave Jerry a high ball number and stuck to it. His holdout was during negotiations.
Hold out? Was it during training camp, preseason or regular season? I don't remember Dak ever holding out.

foofighters

Reaction score
I don’t recall Peter King saying anything when Tad spouts off about Dak coaches and teammates.
This. Tad is annoying on X. And is anyone gonna tell CeeDee's mom that she's wrong? Or any mom for that matter? My mom would whoop my bum if I got mouthy with her.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They have a way of blowing over if it's the first or second time. But it's bad right now and the players are speaking through the family members. I can only imagine these players in the locker room when Daks not there. This is not going to blow over at all.
Okay that's fine.... then Dak has to go to my 2nd step there. Be a leader and get control of it.

I'm gonna bookmark this page just to keep track of things. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Creeper

Reaction score
Pointing fingers in public is the ultimate non-team thing to do. Nothing spells losers more than players who point the fingers at each other instead of themselves. In football, every player is responsible for wins and every player is responsible for losses. If they don't play that way then they will never win.

Players should be picking each other up, not knocking each other down. I don't hear Dak pointing the finger at CeeDee when he drops two passes, or can't get open.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
The question I have is does damage the locker room......keep in mind, regardless of what we see in public, Dak is human like the rest of us. It's to imagine this isn't bothering him.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...efs-kyle-shanahan-brock-purdy-peter-king-fmia

9. I think one of the nuttiest things of the last month is Cowboys players’ kin dogging Dak Prescott. One of the things that stinks about social media—and there are many—is that it gives oxygen to anyone, at any time. Which allows relatives of football players to go on various platforms and tell us why Player X has ruined the team. It’s chum in the water for the media (and I do not blame the media), and before you know it we’ve got a brushfire, or bigger. It’s awful.
Fat *** King thinks only he should have “oxygen” to speak. Free speech is free for everyone. Like it or not. I think the families would have been best served keeping those opinions to themselves but they have every right to air their grievances. And maybe if Dak didn’t always choke in big games it would quiet the masses. Ya reap what you sow.

aikemirv

Reaction score
The question I have is does damage the locker room......keep in mind, regardless of what we see in public, Dak is human like the rest of us. It's to imagine this isn't bothering him.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...efs-kyle-shanahan-brock-purdy-peter-king-fmia

9. I think one of the nuttiest things of the last month is Cowboys players’ kin dogging Dak Prescott. One of the things that stinks about social media—and there are many—is that it gives oxygen to anyone, at any time. Which allows relatives of football players to go on various platforms and tell us why Player X has ruined the team. It’s chum in the water for the media (and I do not blame the media), and before you know it we’ve got a brushfire, or bigger. It’s awful.
Social media is a cruel place. Just look at the issues it causes for bullying in schools. Some people never grow up and out of that behavior to to critisize others in public to make themselves look better.

It is sad!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It wouldn't matter what time of year. He was holding out by not accepting any offers other than his own absurd counter offer and Jerry caved in.
Jerry created this overpaying mess when for 2 years straight he franchise tagged Dak instead of offering Dak a reasonably good new contract before he switched to the most greedy sports NFL agent there is.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Edited for clarity: In football, every player is responsible for wins and every player is responsible for losses. If they don't play that way then they will never win.
I dont believe that for one second.

Emotionally, psychologically....in the spirit of team...sure.

So ignore any player individual performance assessment? Cause all ya'll caused this loss? I think that is a very shallow non-productive policy.

If the kicker makes every pat, every fg, and all kickoffs through the endzone....still his fault?

I do not dig.

Brax

Reaction score

You know winning cures that, and his constant choking in major games drives the criticism that most Cowboys fans feel. Dak should feel the pain and it should bother him and it should bother the other players because he gets paid a lot more than the other players. Imagine you working and the highest paid employee who makes more than double of any others is a main contributor to the company’s failure year in and year out. You would just love that person wouldn’t you.

Brax

Reaction score
Jerry created this overpaying mess when for 2 years straight he franchise tagged Dak instead of offering Dak a reasonably good new contract before he switched to the most greedy sports NFL agent there is.
Revisionist history from a Dak apologist, Jerry did offer him a fair contract but Dak said screw you I want to be the highest paid player in the NFL because I’m so great. The mistake was Jerry paying him.

Brax

Reaction score
I have issues with Peter King taking issue with it.

They’re allowed an opinion. Just like everyone else.

If they think Dak sucks then let them scream it.
Kinda funny King blasting sport players for years but he’s special so only he should be able. Funny didn’t Dak use SM to blast players. Wish king would crawl under a rock and wither away

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Peter King wants his cake and eat it too. Fat <expletive>.

Sydla

Reaction score
I’ll preface this by saying I agree dak is human and I don’t want him to suffer mentally and feel abused.

But that being said, I am reaching a point with this team where I welcome accountability in any form by any party that may somehow change the trajectory. Dak has been a large part, if not the largest part, of our playoff failures and the sooner we move on from him the sooner there can be a different outcome.

Notice I said a different outcome, not necessarily a better one bc that would imply a better qb is assured…:which it is not…but I like many fans are just ready for a change no matter what it means or how it comes about
Is that really accountability though? Some family member just spouting off on twitter?

You just like that someone is criticizing him but in reality a family member criticizing a player on social media has way more of a chance of creating something negative than something positive. It isn't like Jerry is saying, "Gee, so and so's brother or mom thinks Dak stinks, so maybe I need to make a change!" And the media certainly isn't suddenly now questioning Dak and his ability because some player's family member ripped him on Twitter. In fact, the opposite is happening. The media is focusing on what kind of friction it may or may not cause in the locker room.

I am clearly not a Dak guy. I've said this was the offseason to start over with a new HC/OC and QB. That being said, if I played on the Cowboys and my family member took to social media to criticize Dak, I'd be like "*** is wrong with you?" There is no upside to this, instead just makes the family member look ridiculous and also the player IMO. And that includes Tad who often has said dumb things on social media as well.