Peter King takes issue with the player's relatives attacking Dak on social media

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
This. Tad is annoying on X. And is anyone gonna tell CeeDee's mom that she's wrong? Or any mom for that matter? My mom would whoop my bum if I got mouthy with her.
Hey Dude as a Father, and Grand Father, that's an example of making bad decisions. Once your kid becomes a man, you let him BE a man. Cee Dee's mom is injecting herself

in to a place, she's not welcome and hasn't earned. Cee Dee ran those routes, caught those TD. She should shut the Puck Up and stop talking about ish she's out of her depth in talking about.

Having a Kid does not make you an oracle of all things children. As for Tad, he doesn't get on my nerves because I don't read his BS. I 've ignored him and he has gone away

vlad

Reaction score
The question I have is does damage the locker room......keep in mind, regardless of what we see in public, Dak is human like the rest of us. It's to imagine this isn't bothering him.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...efs-kyle-shanahan-brock-purdy-peter-king-fmia

9. I think one of the nuttiest things of the last month is Cowboys players’ kin dogging Dak Prescott. One of the things that stinks about social media—and there are many—is that it gives oxygen to anyone, at any time. Which allows relatives of football players to go on various platforms and tell us why Player X has ruined the team. It’s chum in the water for the media (and I do not blame the media), and before you know it we’ve got a brushfire, or bigger. It’s awful.
It's good Peter King takes issue, cuz I'm sure Jerry and Stephen couldn't care less and actually like it.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
It's all good. Emotions were high and time heals everything. A few weeks ago fans speculated Ceedee didn't like Dak and his silence was confirmation he agreed with his mom. This weekend at the pro bowl he tells the entire world how much Dak means to him, the team and how deadly they are as a tandem.
When did he say this??

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Discussions like these really single out those that are completely anti-Dak compared to those who try to approach this stuff with a hint of rationality.
No it don’t. You’re just probably the extreme opposite of anti Dak. Most protected qb ever for some strange reason.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
When you’re going on close to 10 years as the starter and not even a sniff of a Conference Championship, you are just opening the flood gates for the family and hanger-ons that want to stand up for their boys. We’re approaching new territory here, last team to hold on this long without any success was… the Cowboys and Tony Romo.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I hate to say this but at the end of the day, there's a thin line between being liked and respected.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
At one point Dak was just another fan on Twitter shredding the guy who came before him, who happened to be "human" as well.

It comes with the territory.

I don't feel bad for Dak. As noted above, if he doesn't want the heat then do something different for a living. He's paid well (far more than he deserves IMO)

Also, Dak has stood by silently over the years while multiple coaches and players had their Cowboys careers ended to provide him with cover and to buy him more time to "hit his stride"

Where is Peter King's handwringing for them? Aren't they "human" enough?

King's musings about this should be set to sad music with a close up of some shivering dog in the background. It sounds less like journalism and more like an ASPCA commercial with poor Dak as the abuse victim.

Sorry Peter. My give a damn's busted.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
How entitled and arrogant do you have to be to say one of the problems with social media is it gives oxygen to anyone?

Only people who think like Fat Pete should get to use it.
It's almost always the least qualified and talented among us who fear open competition the most.

Enter Peter King as Exhibit A

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I’ll preface this by saying I agree dak is human and I don’t want him to suffer mentally and feel abused.

But that being said, I am reaching a point with this team where I welcome accountability in any form by any party that may somehow change the trajectory. Dak has been a large part, if not the largest part, of our playoff failures and the sooner we move on from him the sooner there can be a different outcome.

Notice I said a different outcome, not necessarily a better one bc that would imply a better qb is assured…:which it is not…but I like many fans are just ready for a change no matter what it means or how it comes about
We need to stop only holding players accountable when Jerry and his bird brain son are the idiots running this whole operation. What they do trickles all the way down to the field.

Jipper

Reaction score
We need to stop only holding players accountable when Jerry and his bird brain son are the idiots running this whole operation. What they do trickles all the way down to the field.
That's fair but the team was setup with enough talent to be able to at least compete....Jerry and dumbdumb can't help with daks inability to make plays in big moments...

foofighters

Reaction score
Hey Dude as a Father, and Grand Father, that's an example of making bad decisions. Once your kid becomes a man, you let him BE a man. Cee Dee's mom is injecting herself

in to a place, she's not welcome and hasn't earned. Cee Dee ran those routes, caught those TD. She should shut the Puck Up and stop talking about ish she's out of her depth in talking about.

Having a Kid does not make you an oracle of all things children. As for Tad, he doesn't get on my nerves because I don't read his BS. I 've ignored him and he has gone away
Dude, it was a joke. You know, "No one tells momma, no!"

Praxit

Reaction score
....I mean, you have a platter given to you with everything on it.

Go and trip on it. Oh yeah, you're going to hear about it.

The post season for him, is a mental aberration for him now.