Peyton Manning is Over Rated

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
leonargized said:
Last time I checked football is a team game and Peyton is the QB(leader) of that team...
Do good leaders look to pass the blame when they fail or do they take reposibility...
When the pressures of the playoffs are in effect , that is when the leader is needed most .
wouldn't you agree?

I would agree he's a heck of a lot better than Bledsoe. Wouldn't you agree?

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Bach said:
I would agree he's a heck of a lot better than Bledsoe. Wouldn't you agree?

The easy answer is yes , he is better than Bledsoe.
There is a lot to take into consideration here.
Dose Mannings teammates like playing with him?
How much dose a 100million hurt other areas of your team?
Will he ever play well in the playoffs?

If he can not play better in the playoffs , then I would take Bledsoe...
It dose not matter what you do in the regular season if you can not play well in the playoffs and with what he is getting paid he has to be the guy that steps up , where as Bledsoe can just make good unspectacler plays , because he is not the superstar paid guy, hopfully that distiction will go to the defense .....
He can not be the guy that unravels ...
I do not think Bledsoe would fold up the tent under the pressures of the playoffs...

joseephuss

Reaction score
leonargized said:
The easy answer is yes , he is better than Bledsoe.
There is a lot to take into consideration here.
Dose Mannings teammates like playing with him?
How much dose a 100million hurt other areas of your team?
Will he ever play well in the playoffs?

It dose not matter what you do in the regular season if you can not play well in the playoffs and with what he is getting paid he has to be the guy that steps up , where as Bledsoe can just make good unspectacler plays , because he is not the superstar paid guy, hopfully that distiction will go to the defense .....
He can not be the guy that unravels ...
I do not think Bledsoe would fold up the tent under the pressures of the playoffs...

I think Manning has a lot to prove over the next few seasons. He definitly is putting himself into a corner with his most recent playoff performances, but hy do you think Bledsoe is a good playoff QB?
Bledsoe's playoff stats:
7 games
129 completions
252 attempts
51.2% completion percentage
1335 yards
5.3 yards per attempt
6 TDs
12 INTs
54.9 QB rating

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
leonargized said:
It dose not matter what you do in the regular season if you can not play well in the playoffs

Manning lost to the eventual champion Patriots two years in a row. I guess he was supposed to beat them by himself.

This year his defense dug a 14-0 hole. I'm not saying Peyton played a perfect game, but I don't think the blame goes directly to him. Geez, did you see the lack of protection he had ;)

As for Bledsoe, it would be nice if we actually got the chance to see what he could do in the playoffs.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Manning is the best QB by far in the NFL. His problem is he calls his own plays on offense. Not the OC like every other team and I think that gets to him in the big games. Also if you notice the teams he has the most trouble with are the ones that run the 34. If I where the OC when playing 34D's I'd call the plays not manning.

FYI Marino who is known as the BEST QB ever also chocked in the big games does that mean he's not the best QB ever? No

Jesus, you say that like it is etched in stone. He isnt "known as the best ever". Some people would say he is and plenty would say he is up there but not quite #1. I say it DOES men he isnt best ever because he choked in big games.

wxcpo

Reaction score
Peyton may be over rated because he simply can't seem to get it done in the big game, but remember they used to call the Cowboys "Next year's champions" for the very same reason. Please bring his over rated butt to Big D, I would love to be able to say wwe have a QB like Peyton Manning for our QB.

I find it funny that this thread is even on a Cowboys thread though. We have our very own over rated QB. That is if over rated is measured by the inability of his offensive line to provide adequate protection for him to find open receivers and open up running lanes to keep defenses honest. :rolleyes: