PFF grades vs SF

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yep. I bet they are a bunch of little nerds who never played the sport or sucked at it.

As opposed to the Al Bundy type geniuses in small towns everywhere?

EJ3P8iOXUAUYIvc.jpg

Loved that show, though. :muttley:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
As opposed to the Al Bundy type geniuses in small towns everywhere?

EJ3P8iOXUAUYIvc.jpg

Loved that show, though. :muttley:
I'll take any accomplished ex-player's input over any so called Nerd who never played the game or sucked at it.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
We have a philosophical issue with the position. Stephen thinks it's innovative to go with two 3Tech types because he bought into Marinelli's outdated beliefs. He'd rather be right than good. He is neither.
Some teams just have issues finding solutions for certain positions. The Eagles and especially the WFT can’t find a QB to save their life, no matter how many choice resources they throw out there. Seems defensive tackle is our dilemma.

Dre11

Reaction score
Takeaway here is that this was the worst performance of the year overall. Nobody played up to par and many were not even close to their regular season average grades.

Top 5 offense grades

1. Dalton Shultz 69.0
2. CD Lamb 68.5
3. Zach 66.1 second worst grade of the year
4. Zeke 66.0
4. Amari 66.0

Bottom 5 offense

1 Cedric Wilson 54.9
2 La El 59.2 Worst game of the year
3. Dak 59.3 second worst game of the year
4. Tyron 59.4 Worst game of the year
5. Connor 59.5

Defense top 5

1. DLAW 75.8
2. Hooker 73.7
3. Kazee 68.3
4. Parsons 68.0
5. Dorrance 61.9

Bottom 5

1. Randy gregory 25.8 - I cannot emphasize enough how bad he played to earn this grade. Worst game of the year by a wide margin. I'm guessing he smoked a lot of weed before this game.
2. Tristy - 30.5 trash player, hope to god this is the end.
3. OSA 41.8 rookie DT .....not a good year.
4. Watkins 42.8 - part of our putrid DT rotation
5. LVE 44.6 might be his last game..... not his worst game but a poor one at a bad time.

Who really pay attention to pff. They also say Dallas had the number 1 blocking line

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2021-offensive-line-rankings

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Takeaway here is that this was the worst performance of the year overall. Nobody played up to par and many were not even close to their regular season average grades.

Top 5 offense grades

1. Dalton Shultz 69.0
2. CD Lamb 68.5
4. Zeke 66.0
4. Amari 66.0

Bottom 5 offense

1 Cedric Wilson 54.9
5. Connor 59.5

A surprisingly narrow range for the offense. All mediocre.

When it's one player, it's the player. When it's all the players, look to the coaching.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A surprisingly narrow range for the offense. All mediocre.

When it's one player, it's the player. When it's all the players, look to the coaching.

PFF doesn't grade coaching. What this game showed us is that we are a mediocre team blessed to play in a putrid division. In any other division, this team struggles to make the playoffs, Dak doesn't have 6 games to pad his numbers, and we aren't paying 40M for the mediocre QB he has proven to be against anyone good.

The truly bad part is that we are stuck. There is no path forward with this QB.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Defense top 5

1. DLAW 75.8
2. Hooker 73.7
3. Kazee 68.3
4. Parsons 68.0
5. Dorrance 61.9

Bottom 5

1. Randy gregory 25.8 - I cannot emphasize enough how bad he played to earn this grade. Worst game of the year by a wide margin. I'm guessing he smoked a lot of weed before this game.
5. LVE 44.6 might be his last game..... not his worst game but a poor one at a bad time.

As I said all week, the DTs are weakest link on the team, and have been all year.

However, I didn't see Gregory's implosion coming. He cost himself some serious money. Again. He ain't never gonna learn.

On Osa, I think this is what you get when you routinely play a 280lb guy as a run defending DT. He gets ground down by the end of the year. Hopefully we get some decent DT depth in the offseason and Osa can be taken out of that role.

Would be interesting to do some analysis of PFF grades. I'm thinking that their scoring system, based on play success/failure, is extremely anticorrelated with the skill of the opposition.

Also, we should realize that the NFC East stinks and has for year, and start judging the team by their out of division record. We are just nowhere near as good as our record indicates, and haven't been for years.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

Top 5 offense grades

1. Dalton Shultz 69.0
2. CD Lamb 68.5
4. Zeke 66.0
4. Amari 66.0

Bottom 5 offense

1 Cedric Wilson 54.9
5. Connor 59.5

Defense top 5

1. DLAW 75.8
2. Hooker 73.7
3. Kazee 68.3
4. Parsons 68.0
5. Dorrance 61.9

Bottom 5

the score/narrative on the OL and the QB is just appalling. Not sure if the QB play was because the OL was bad,...or the OL looked bad because of the QB,

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
What this game showed us is that we are a mediocre team blessed to play in a putrid division. In any other division, this team struggles to make the playoffs, Dak doesn't have 6 games to pad his numbers, and we aren't paying 40M for the mediocre QB he has proven to be against anyone good.

Ha ha. I made that first point about our record being inflated by playing in the putrid NFC East.

I didn't say the same about Dak, but you've got a point. Garbage time stats. Garbage team stats. Time to break down Dak's stats for out of division play. Bet it don't look so good.

I was surprised at just how bad he looked.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As I said all week, the DTs are weakest link on the team, and have been all year.

However, I didn't see Gregory's implosion coming. He cost himself some serious money. Again. He ain't never gonna learn.

On Osa, I think this is what you get when you routinely play a 280lb guy as a run defending DT. He gets ground down by the end of the year. Hopefully we get some decent DT depth in the offseason and Osa can be taken out of that role.

Would be interesting to do some analysis of PFF grades. I'm thinking that their scoring system, based on play success/failure, is extremely anticorrelated with the skill of the opposition.

Also, we should realize that the NFC East stinks and has for year, and start judging the team by their out of division record. We are just nowhere near as good as our record indicates, and haven't been for years.

We have the worst DT rotation in the NFL. The highest graded Dt we have is ranked in the 70's, and nobody else is in the top 100. Tristy Hill needs to be gone

In regard to PFF, the scores do not factor in the opposition at all. Its strictly every player, every play. That said, we still usually have individual players who excel even in overall poorly played games. This was a true team effort that began with SF marching straight down the field for a TD on the games opening drive. The game in the trenches was over after that first drive. That showed the team has no backbone or fight. Our high scoring offense was shut down until SF was basically playing a prevent defense.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the score/narrative on the OL and the QB is just appalling. Not sure if the QB play was because the OL was bad,...or the OL looked bad because of the QB,

And nobody is judging Dak on JUST this one game. He's 1-3 in the playoffs and he gets more money than anyone not named Mahomes. With that contract comes the expectation of leadership and consistent play. He exhibits neither and is perfectly comfortable blaming the refs for the failure of his offense.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
And nobody is judging Dak on JUST this one game. He's 1-3 in the playoffs and he gets more money than anyone not named Mahomes. With that contract comes the expectation of leadership and consistent play. He exhibits neither and is perfectly comfortable blaming the refs for the failure of his offense.

Let's bring on the evaluation of *everyone* on the team outside of division games.

terra

Reaction score
While its normal to blame the coaching when a whole team stinks it up, I wonder.

Why should any team need to be psychologically ready for a playoff game? Is not the fact that its the playoffs enough?

I just don't know. Its arguable not one single player played well in that game. How often does that happen?

I fear the answer is not all on the coaches.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Top 5 offense grades

1. Dalton Shultz 69.0
2. CD Lamb 68.5
4. Zeke 66.0
4. Amari 66.0

Bottom 5 offense

1 Cedric Wilson 54.9
5. Connor 59.5

Defense top 5

1. DLAW 75.8
2. Hooker 73.7
3. Kazee 68.3
4. Parsons 68.0
5. Dorrance 61.9

Bottom 5

Bigger the game, the lousier Prescot plays. The dude is fricking nut less. Must have been NEUTERED when he was born...................