PFF: LVE would be 1st overall pick in a 2018 redraft

blueblood70

Reaction score
No Lamar Jackson would. He’s the only rookie leading his team to the playoffs. Almost undefeated while starting and smacked the top seeded chargers
no the best rookie is Baker, hands down..no need to redraft bro...he was 1 and shows he was worth it..he took over later that season and has taken loser form a 3-33 record of late to a team you worry about playing..

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they did a re-draft Vander Esch would go top 10 but not before Mayfield, Darnold, James, Chubb, Leonard and Barkley. Maybe not Ward or Ridley either. But he's solid top 10.

Flamma

Reaction score
Barkley would go #1

Hes a top 3 back already

I actually thought Cleveland was going to take him first, then Mayfield with their 4th pick since it was assumed the Giants were looking at possibly taking Darnold. But if we're doing a do over draft the Giants might switch that pick to Mayfield, and Cleveland needed a QB very badly.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No Lamar Jackson would. He’s the only rookie leading his team to the playoffs. Almost undefeated while starting and smacked the top seeded chargers
dont kid yourself.... baker mayfield would still be picked first. The Browns were how bad in the previous 2 years before mayfield????? Look at those damn close games they lost. The browns were very close to being a 10 win team. Jackson, again, plays on a team with a GREAT defense. Switch Mayfield and Jackson... lets see how good the browns look.

erod

Reaction score
Baker Mayfield would still be the first pick, and Barkley and Chubb would go before him, too.

But yes, LVE would go much higher than he did.

Great pick.

dckid

Reaction score
Safe to say FO hit a home run with this kid......probably can book his ticket to 2020 Pro Bowl if he stays healthy.

I love LVE, but Baker was the right pick. That guy has totally changed the culture of the Cleveland Browns.
Let's not go crazy...

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I'm sure he'd be a top 5 pick, but I can't see him being selected over Mayfield.

Hardline

Reaction score
I would take Quenton Nelson over LVE if I could get Leonard in the 2nd round

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I love LVE, but Baker was the right pick. That guy has totally changed the culture of the Cleveland Browns.
Let's not go crazy...

I agree Baker was the right pick but he has really done much per se. Just Cleveland bar/standards are/were so low it didn't take much.
While we're one subject, could me as thinking his stare down of Jackson was petty. Win something first kid.....

blueblood70

Reaction score
dont kid yourself.... baker mayfield would still be picked first. The Browns were how bad in the previous 2 years before mayfield????? Look at those damn close games they lost. The browns were very close to being a 10 win team. Jackson, again, plays on a team with a GREAT defense. Switch Mayfield and Jackson... lets see how good the browns look.
funny how awkward Lamar looks throwing the ball has horrible passing stats , worse then Daks, and a lot around here rip Dak as 4th rounder and now say La,ar should go first..seriously, he should have been2nd round pick, hes great athlete , great runner, huge flaws in the passing game..He Tim Tebow right now similar college backgrounds and similar rookie years in the NFL..maybe he overcomes this but if you read ton of CZ posts they say QB tds dont count, they shouldnt run and only passing stats count, well LJ redrafted would be 2nd rounder..our own fans rip Dak but drool over that throwing running back? SMH

Carter

Reaction score
A side to side LB without any Pass Rush never goes #1. The Top 10 as of now would be imo

1. Mayfield
2. Barkley
3. Darnold
4. Nelson
5. Allen
6. LVE
7. James
8. Chubb
9. Payne
10. Vea

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
LOL

I don't even think the Ravens are convinced. But they are riding the hot hand.

You know, just like we did in Prescott's rookie season.

I'm lucky enough to live near the trenchtowns of DC and Baltimore so I see more of those teams than I care to.

You are correct, he's Dak with less accuracy.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Agreed based position to production..

Lamar Jackson should be the 1st Overall pick.

But as you can see with negative replys towards Lamar, his style of play and it's effectiveness for the Ravens doesn't compute in the pass drunk NFL. The art and talent of the QB being a ball carrier and leading teams to Championship is forgotten by many.

I am not worried, the forward pass has reached it's apex...now they are changing the rules to protect the pocket passer....making routine tackles fouls.

Maybe if Lamar had a noticeable collegiate career..what is a Heisman?
We both recognize what’s “really” going on.

A #1 pick is supposed to make your team win. Lamar Is doing just that. It may be ugly sometimes but he’s winning against playoff teams Vegas had them down several scores against.

He literally saved Harbaughs job and I’m sure if the ravens had the choice to repick they’d pick him again

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Lamar is trash. He is riding that ravens defense and only capitalizing on just below half his opportunities just like dak is.

Jackson is also not a good passer and runs more than not. Not worth a 1st
They’re going to the Super Bowl this year. Ban bet?

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Jackson has one of the worst arms I have ever seen in the NFL.

Tim Tebow led his team to the playoffs. Are you picking him 1st too?
If I was the owner yes. Each playoff games generates an additional 10’s of million in revenue. That’s worth multiple first round picks.