PFF ranks every team's 2024 RBs unit (1 - 32)

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yeah this isn't as bad as that group. I think Rico can play in this league if he can stay healthy. Troy Hambrick....for whatever reason he was breaking runs off when Emmitt was here but I never was impressed.
Emmett and our OLine overwhelmed teams by the fourth quarter. The defense no longer had a will to stopping our run game.

When your DB's are consistently making more tackles than the LB's and DLine you have a problem.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Emmett and our OLine overwhelmed teams by the fourth quarter. The defense no longer had a will to stopping our run game.

When your DB's are consistently making more tackles than the LB's and DLine you have a problem.
I can't say if this is right or wrong. I honestly don't remember when the big runs came from Hambrick. I just know he was getting some wide open holes and taking them to the house.

Sydla

Reaction score
1. San Francisco 49ers
2. Miami Dolphins
3. Detroit Lions
4. Baltimore Ravens
5. Atlanta Falcons
6. Green Bay Packers
7. Indianapolis Colts
8. Cleveland Browns
9. Philadelphia Eagles
10. New York Jets
32. Dallas Cowboys :confused:

32. DALLAS COWBOYS

After letting Tony Pollard sign elsewhere in free agency, and missing out on the top backs in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Cowboys re-signed Ezekiel Elliott to be their lead rusher.

Elliott's glory days came with the Cowboys, but his yards per carry average has dipped below 4.0 over the past two seasons, resulting in a career-low 69.2 PFF rushing grade in 2023. Behind him are Rico Dowdle and Deuce Vaughn.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-nfl-running-back-unit-rankings-49ers-dolphins
Hahahaha.

I mean this is harsh but likely not far from reality.

I would wager our DT unit also ranks near the bottom of the league too.

Well done in FA, Jerry, well done.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. San Francisco 49ers
2. Miami Dolphins
3. Detroit Lions
4. Baltimore Ravens
5. Atlanta Falcons
6. Green Bay Packers
7. Indianapolis Colts
8. Cleveland Browns
9. Philadelphia Eagles
10. New York Jets
32. Dallas Cowboys :confused:

32. DALLAS COWBOYS

After letting Tony Pollard sign elsewhere in free agency, and missing out on the top backs in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Cowboys re-signed Ezekiel Elliott to be their lead rusher.

Elliott's glory days came with the Cowboys, but his yards per carry average has dipped below 4.0 over the past two seasons, resulting in a career-low 69.2 PFF rushing grade in 2023. Behind him are Rico Dowdle and Deuce Vaughn.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-nfl-running-back-unit-rankings-49ers-dolphins
its-a-set-up-james-reece.gif

Add to that a new and young offensive line.................oh Mama the Sting is in!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We had Pollard here last year and didn't win anything with him. Not really sure what difference it would have made retaining him, dude is a change of pace back that was tossed into a starting role and it showed.
I think he needed a season to get back to injury but the right move was to replace him with a rookie or go sign Henry or Saquon. There were so many options....the only way I Saw bringing Pollard back was....I guess if the option was Zeke.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry burns another first round pick on a RB next year.
Nah we will have one of the top picks in the Draft and it will be a QB.
This team is rebuilding with this coming year the last for many of our so-called elite, overpaid, underachieving, jags who will be gone after the season.
The 2025 Cowboys will leave this roster and its bad memories behind us forever.

sbark

Reaction score
Saveing wear & tear, or getting a legit look
Big back behind biggg O.Line.
Punish teams

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/cowb...-shape-minicamp-surprising-twist-01j094sj3yy4

Cowboys' Hunter Luepke climbing RB depth chart before training camp​

According to Nick Harris of the team's official website, Hunter Luepke was third in the rotation and took the "bulk of first-team opportunities" with Elliott and Dowdle. Meawhile, Vaughn, Freeman, Snoop Conner, undrafted rookie Nathaniel Peat and Malik Davis ran with the second-team offense.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I think OL and run blocking plays a major role in the RB production .

Lastyear our OL run blockingsucked due to personnel and scheme or a mix. Hopefully with young blood infusion this will improve.

Nothing against Tyron and Zack but their run blocking days a bit in the rear view mirror .

So I wont be surprised the RB comittee ends up in the middle of pack as far as production is concerned.
@acr731 ...

You can learn a thing or two with what @nalam just said. No excuses. Just cold hard facts.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think OL and run blocking plays a major role in the RB production .

Lastyear our OL run blockingsucked due to personnel and scheme or a mix. Hopefully with young blood infusion this will improve.

Nothing against Tyron and Zack but their run blocking days a bit in the rear view mirror .

So I wont be surprised the RB comittee ends up in the middle of pack as far as production is concerned.
It wasn’t the OL.

It was Pollard.