PFF ranks every team's 2024 RBs unit (1 - 32)

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard clearly wasn't ready till late the season . We should have re-signed him as he'll be a top 5 RB this year.
Our OL will struggle early this year so I predict our RBs will rank...........35th :facepalm:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Zek is not the starting RB. Dowdle is way more explosive than Zek.

If Zek gets more than 5-7 carries a game it will be a huge mistake!
We won't have a starting RB, it will be a committee. I could easily see Zek, Dowdleand Hunter with varying amount of Carrie's based on our appointments. Hunter most likely will get the most snaps, due his versatility as a runner, receiver and lead blocker.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
No objective look at our how our FO handled the last 4 months could conclude that “this team is better” because of their off-season moves. And the lack of strong work on the RB position perhaps best exemplifies this front office’s weird off-season.

Could we be a better team in the long run? Maybe. But we won’t know that for quite a while. And the final judge of that IMO will be 1. Did we make the playoffs? 2. Did we win more than a WC game in the playoffs? Anything short of that is just another wasted season.

Nothing says your two front office leaders are on lifetime contracts like their actions this off-season. What’s the hurry to do better when you can play with your toy any way you want to? Why care about wasting more HOF careers or opportunities to do something more in the playoffs when you have zero accountability? What’s another decade of playoff futility when you’re printing money?
They just may be better doing it this way, and if they are my friend, they will love every moment of it lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
We won't have a starting RB, it will be a committee. I could easily see Zek, Dowdleand Hunter with varying amount of Carrie's based on our appointments. Hunter most likely will get the most snaps, due his versatility as a runner, receiver and lead blocker.
We hope!! This way of doing it, how will a running back every find his rhythm

doomsday9084

Reaction score
It wasn’t the OL.

It was Pollard.
The issue was the scheme and the experts picked up on it. That's why the OL had good PFF grades and accolades and why Pollard got a relatively good contract.

I wouldn't be surprised if almost 1/3 of the run plays were that idiotic draw out of shotgun on first down. Linemen from one side would pull leaving the DE intentionally uncovered. Pollard had to wait for those linemen to get into the hole as the DE had a free run on him in the backfield.

Given that the team kept running it over and over despite no success, I have to assume that Solari and Schottenheimer are idiots and will continue it this year.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The issue was the scheme and the experts picked up on it. That's why the OL had good PFF grades and accolades and why Pollard got a relatively good contract.

I wouldn't be surprised if almost 1/3 of the run plays were that idiotic draw out of shotgun on first down. Linemen from one side would pull leaving the DE intentionally uncovered. Pollard had to wait for those linemen to get into the hole as the DE had a free run on him in the backfield.

Given that the team kept running it over and over despite no success, I have to assume that Solari and Schottenheimer are idiots and will continue it this year.
Solari wears the Ring.

Tony is gone because his injury took his speed.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Zek is not the starting RB. Dowdle is way more explosive than Zek.

If Zek gets more than 5-7 carries a game it will be a huge mistake!
Zeke is 3rd all time rusher in Dallas history.

He’s the starter by a mile.

We got scrubs after him.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I can't recall a worse RB room for any franchise to start a season. Walker by himself (before the trade) was better than this entire RB room by a long shot. The 60s teams had Perkins from the very beginning who was also better than this entire room. He missed 1960 due to injury so I can't even count that year as a worse room.
Same scrubs as last season.

But Tony is gone.

Zeke > Tony.

It’s settled.

starfan1

Reaction score
I can already see this as the #1 excuse for Dak failure come January. Kansas City came in at 18 - middle of the pack mediocre - but I guarantee they will be competing for a 3 peat because of who they have under center. KC doesn't make excuses, they just go out and win.
what a dumb comparison. KC has a better team the #2 defense and a great OL and perhaps the best coach,TE and QB combo in history. Its a TEAM game and Dak may very well have that excuse as you call it because thats how you win in this league in december and january and it was a very large reason last year for the failure.

Id take Pacheco over all the RBs in our backfield

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
20240426-153915.gif

In your head 24/7. :muttley:
And you defend him 24/7, so obviously he's in your head 24/7 as well.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not any more. He only rushed for 3 TD last year and was the 150th ranked RB for AYPC. Heck, I could probably match that output and I'm an old man.
We're gonna find out if that was just because he was in a really terrible offense or if he is really that bad.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can already see this as the #1 excuse for Dak failure come January. Kansas City came in at 18 - middle of the pack mediocre - but I guarantee they will be competing for a 3 peat because of who they have under center. KC doesn't make excuses, they just go out and win.
KC also happens to have a top 5 defense and a HOF head coach. Mahomes is great of course. But he doesn’t win these SBs alone.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
1. San Francisco 49ers
2. Miami Dolphins
3. Detroit Lions
4. Baltimore Ravens
5. Atlanta Falcons
6. Green Bay Packers
7. Indianapolis Colts
8. Cleveland Browns
9. Philadelphia Eagles
10. New York Jets
32. Dallas Cowboys :confused:

32. DALLAS COWBOYS

After letting Tony Pollard sign elsewhere in free agency, and missing out on the top backs in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Cowboys re-signed Ezekiel Elliott to be their lead rusher.

Elliott's glory days came with the Cowboys, but his yards per carry average has dipped below 4.0 over the past two seasons, resulting in a career-low 69.2 PFF rushing grade in 2023. Behind him are Rico Dowdle and Deuce Vaughn.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-nfl-running-back-unit-rankings-49ers-dolphins
Well, no where to go but up

Chasing6

Reaction score

Our running game has become predictable and we are not the Cowboys of the 90's. When it did not matter if we told you the play, you could still not stop it.

Proof

Reaction score
so arguably the greatest qb of all time can get it done w/ a middle of the pack running game while a solid qb may struggle with the worst? stop the presses!