PFF ranks every team's 2024 RBs unit (1 - 32)

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Nah we will have one of the top picks in the Draft and it will be a QB.
This team is rebuilding with this coming year the last for many of our so-called elite, overpaid, underachieving, jags who will be gone after the season.
The 2025 Cowboys will leave this roster and its bad memories behind us forever.
20240426-153915.gif

:lmao::laugh::lmao::laugh::lmao:

Motorola

Reaction score
Went over to the official team website - the roster lists eight RBs.

Snoop Conner
Malik Davis
Rico Dowdle
Ezekiel Elliott
Royce Freeman
Nathaniel Peat
Deuce Vaughn
Hunter Luepke

Across the depth chart line-
First is left blank
Second list Dowdle
Third shows Vaughn
Fourth has Luepke

Sydla

Reaction score
Went over to the official team website - the roster lists eight RBs.

Snoop Conner
Malik Davis
Rico Dowdle
Ezekiel Elliott
Royce Freeman
Nathaniel Peat
Deuce Vaughn
Hunter Luepke

Across the depth chart line-
First is left blank
Second list Dowdle
Third shows Vaughn
Fourth has Luepke
Embarrassment of riches right here.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Jerry burns another first round pick on a RB next year.
I could see him overreacting and doing that, but I'd just like them to draft one in the first three rounds. Haven't done that since 2016.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Saveing wear & tear, or getting a legit look
Big back behind biggg O.Line.
Punish teams

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/cowb...-shape-minicamp-surprising-twist-01j094sj3yy4

Cowboys' Hunter Luepke climbing RB depth chart before training camp​

According to Nick Harris of the team's official website, Hunter Luepke was third in the rotation and took the "bulk of first-team opportunities" with Elliott and Dowdle. Meawhile, Vaughn, Freeman, Snoop Conner, undrafted rookie Nathaniel Peat and Malik Davis ran with the second-team offense.
Since he's 1st team FB, he would be with the 1st team group anyways. So much ado about nothing.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
1. San Francisco 49ers
2. Miami Dolphins
3. Detroit Lions
4. Baltimore Ravens
5. Atlanta Falcons
6. Green Bay Packers
7. Indianapolis Colts
8. Cleveland Browns
9. Philadelphia Eagles
10. New York Jets
32. Dallas Cowboys :confused:

32. DALLAS COWBOYS

After letting Tony Pollard sign elsewhere in free agency, and missing out on the top backs in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Cowboys re-signed Ezekiel Elliott to be their lead rusher.

Elliott's glory days came with the Cowboys, but his yards per carry average has dipped below 4.0 over the past two seasons, resulting in a career-low 69.2 PFF rushing grade in 2023. Behind him are Rico Dowdle and Deuce Vaughn.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-nfl-running-back-unit-rankings-49ers-dolphins
Yeah, at this moment in time, it’s not looking too good.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I mean I expected that. Will it be that bad? I don't think so. But this season definitely will depend on Dak's arm.
It will be that bad, and probably worse than anyone can imagine. It will be so bad Jerry will make a panic trade and give up two firsts for a mid level back.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
IMO this is the worst backfield we’ve had since either the early 60s or that ‘89 team after Herschel Walker was traded.
I can't recall a worse RB room for any franchise to start a season. Walker by himself (before the trade) was better than this entire RB room by a long shot. The 60s teams had Perkins from the very beginning who was also better than this entire room. He missed 1960 due to injury so I can't even count that year as a worse room.

Last edited:

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I expect the run game to be about the same as last year but zeke is better than pollard was inside the 5 yard line.
Not any more. He only rushed for 3 TD last year and was the 150th ranked RB for AYPC. Heck, I could probably match that output and I'm an old man.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Hahahaha.

I mean this is harsh but likely not far from reality.

I would wager our DT unit also ranks near the bottom of the league too.

Well done in FA, Jerry, well done.
Both failed RB & DT areas of management will get exposed big time against the Browns in the opener.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
As expected. We should probably finish the middle of the pack by the end of the season. Hopefully Elliott shows some type of life and/or someone behind him steps up.
Zek is not the starting RB. Dowdle is way more explosive than Zek.

If Zek gets more than 5-7 carries a game it will be a huge mistake!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Only the blind homers defended the moves we made at running back this off season. Yes bringing Zeke back actually made us worse, and when he's getting the majority of the carries people will defend that too.
Maybe Jerald wants to repay Sequels loyalty.... :rolleyes:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
No objective look at our how our FO handled the last 4 months could conclude that “this team is better” because of their off-season moves. And the lack of strong work on the RB position perhaps best exemplifies this front office’s weird off-season.

Could we be a better team in the long run? Maybe. But we won’t know that for quite a while. And the final judge of that IMO will be 1. Did we make the playoffs? 2. Did we win more than a WC game in the playoffs? Anything short of that is just another wasted season.

Nothing says your two front office leaders are on lifetime contracts like their actions this off-season. What’s the hurry to do better when you can play with your toy any way you want to? Why care about wasting more HOF careers or opportunities to do something more in the playoffs when you have zero accountability? What’s another decade of playoff futility when you’re printing money?
Did we win more than a WC game in the playoffs? Anything short of that is just another wasted season.

Not only that, chap, another lousy draft position.