Twitter: PFF's two highest rated pass rushers this weekend

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Continues to show how bad our DTs have been. Daniel Jones was able to step up in the pocket all day to avoid outside pressure. Fix the dts and this defense isn't all that bad.

This, plus communication/coverage problems in the secondary make it tough on the DEs to get home. Not saying the DEs have been great; they have had their struggles, but there's a lot that goes into it. We don't have that consistent inside push that makes defensive lines great.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
It’s impressive that Dak has the top-3 games for passing yards this year.

He likely would have set a new single-season NFL passing record this year.

cffl2323

Reaction score
The Littles will cure any pass rush

I hope this isn't the case, but I'm worried it may be. I've been very critical of Jaylon this year, but he looked much better as well. Let's hope it continues with some injured guys returning soon too.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I saw him doing both, so I think he likes switching it up.

I haven't heard him comment but I doubt he would. I haven't seen the numbers but my guess would be he has done a lot better from his normal down stance, he has great technique in some of those first step moves.

IMO the standup is a lot better suited for Aldon Smith, who can win matchups with his patented "take three steps and club an OL to knock him out of the way" move.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I haven't heard him comment but I doubt he would. I haven't seen the numbers but my guess would be he has done a lot better from his normal down stance, he has great technique in some of those first step moves.

IMO the standup is a lot better suited for Aldon Smith, who can win matchups with his patented "take three steps and club an OL to knock him out of the way" move.

Not sure. I'd have to go back and look at the snaps to see what he was in when he was having his most success against the Giants.

aria

Reaction score
No surprise, when we face the 31st ranked O line in the league the players should have high ratings which is why I said last week that we would look the ‘85 Bears defense against the worst offense in the league.

Nothing to get excited about IMO, let’s see these overpaid chumps do it against a good team and good O line. We barely beat an 0-5 team for christs sake.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Cowboys had a ton of penetration all game long...but rarely got home. Like, one or two guys nearly coming free, and then whiffing on the tackle/sack. I'm not sure if that's due to poor tackling at the end, or Jones just doing a good job getting away from pressure.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can they do this against an average offense? Or can they only look god vs the absolute worst offense in the NFL?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
That screeching sounds you heard was all the people quoting PFF to say Trysten Hill sucks reversing course on the value of PFF's grading.

This year, the only PFF Cowboys rating I find baffling is CeeDee Lamb.

Kaiser

Reaction score
This year, the only PFF Cowboys rating I find baffling is CeeDee Lamb.

I don't read it because its garbage in, garbage out. What do they say about Lamb? He looks like a polished 3rd year WR in a year without any preseason games.