Twitter: PFF's two highest rated pass rushers this weekend

plymkr

Reaction score
A lot of stupid penalties kept themselves on the field.
But yes at times they could not quite get to Jones either.
That one penalty on Thomas for a blow to head really irked me. I know they call it by the letter of the law but Thomas did try and pull up and it wasn't intentional. But back to the original post, I was pretty impressed with DLaw and Jaylon. They responded well to shut up people like me that was dogging them.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
But the credit was due. Lawrence played a really good game and made a game-saving play.

It's understandable to rip him when he plays poorly, but equally, he should be given credit when he plays well, which he did.
he played well. against a scrub team....that's to be expected when you play against lesser opponents. however, he is paid elite money and considered to be elite and yet he doesn't produce at that level. he has to show up against better teams and better opponents. in the last 12 games before giants he had 0.5 sacks.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
To be totally realistic, D-Law's and Aldon Smith's performances were against the Giants' OL. o_O

Let's see how they'll manage to make out against Arizona's OL, before getting awfully cocky. ;)

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To be totally realistic, D-Law's and Aldon Smith's performances were against the Giants' OL. o_O

Let's see how they'll manage to make out against Arizona's OL, before getting awfully cocky. ;)
While true....shouldn’t whoever play the Giants every week be #1 every week?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
While true....shouldn’t whoever play the Giants every week be #1 every week?

They might be but whether they actually deserve it or not is debatable. The Giants really aren't that much of a challenge, to be honest.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They might be but whether they actually deserve it or not is debatable. The Giants really aren't that much of a challenge, to be honest.
I'm not saying that. But look at our tackle situation.....Aaron Donald got fat off our offensive line. Guys every week do. You still have to actually do it. I had zero faith they'd do anything against the Giants.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not saying that. But look at our tackle situation.....Aaron Donald got fat off our offensive line. Guys every week do. You still have to actually do it. I had zero faith they'd do anything against the Giants.

We were due to improve on defense, especially vs. a division opponent. Our defense was bound to look better against their weak offense. I'm sure Arizona will be a greater challenge. Here's hoping we'll have another surprise in store. We're the underdog this time by 2.5 points, so there's that. ;)

Roland

Reaction score
We were due to improve on defense, especially vs. a division opponent. Our defense was bound to look better against their weak offense. I'm sure Arizona will be a greater challenge. Here's hoping we'll have another surprise in store. We're the underdog this time by 2.5 points, so there's that. ;)
Aye, "Giants aren't much of a challenge" may be true. But our D looking better than their weak O thing goes both ways mate. I think our D made their O look pretty dang good, in fact, they had their best showing so far. My wifey is a Giants fan and I told her before the game that this could be their best Off performance all season long. I believe JG was also out to prove something. I felt like he pulled out every trick in his book. I recall pre snap motion, misdirection, screens. Things that seem to give this D fits.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Aye, "Giants aren't much of a challenge" may be true. But our D looking better than their weak O thing goes both ways mate. I think our D made their O look pretty dang good, in fact, they had their best showing so far. My wifey is a Giants fan and I told her before the game that this could be their best Off performance all season long. I believe JG was also out to prove something. I felt like he pulled out every trick in his book. I recall pre snap motion, misdirection, screens. Things that seem to give this D fits.

We're still struggling to get our defense squared away but I was pleased with the way our pass rush performed in that game. If we come close to matching that defensive performance vs. Arizona, we've got a decent chance to win. Let's hope we'll bring our "A" game for this matchup.

Last edited:

Roland

Reaction score
We're still struggling to get our defense squared away but I was pleased with the way our pass rush performed in that game. If we come close to matching that defensive performance vs. Arizona, we've got a decent chance to win. Let's hope we'll bring our "A" game for this matchup.
We better bring our A game this week. Going to need it. If we don't improve, Arizona will drop another 30 plus on us. And i am just not sure that AD can match that score. Hate to do it, but I have us losing this one, Dallas - 27ish, A's - 35ish. Hopefully I am wrong. I am intersted to see what AD can do now that he is getting 1st team reps.

Roland

Reaction score
Pass rush is certainly pointing up, with more help on the way hopefully. But dang man, you gotta stop the run. We are getting gashed up the middle and around the edges, sheesh. The best pass rush in the world cant do much when it is when you can run it for 8 yards on first down.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Yeah the defense sucks.
For the the last decade + we have been setting all kinds of historical firsts... and not the good kind. When players and teams are hitting slumps. They play us and we make them look like world beaters. Our qb has consecutive weeks of around 500 yards (in addition to our run game) and yet we still lose. Something must change. If anything, Daks record weeks shows that paying him 38 mill a year is not a good idea. He has put up awesome numbers, yet we aren't winning. We must do something to our defense.