Twitter: PFF's two highest rated pass rushers this weekend

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I hope this means that Lawrence's leg issue is getting better. He seemed to get off the ball quicker in this one, but he also was going against lesser competition. I could be mistaken, but we also seemed to use him on the right side more in this game. Don't know which leg was causing him problems, but switching sides might have allowed him not to have to push off that one as much.

Good point switching sides for the leg.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Lawrence definitely looked different. It doesn’t matter who it was against. Couple times I saw him get doubled I thought and still get through.

maybe this is him rounding into game shape. Again they’re was no pre season. Plus we have a new defense

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Continues to show how bad our DTs have been. Daniel Jones was able to step up in the pocket all day to avoid outside pressure. Fix the dts and this defense isn't all that bad.

They are bad and they just got worse with Hill going out.

Only have Justin Hamilton on the PS, and he already has 2 accrued seasons. Only 1 year of payoff for giving him development snaps this year.

Don't know how we fix DT this year.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If he can do this against some credible opponents....that would sure help.

Doubt DLaw does nearly that much against credible opponents, but at his best he's very good and will be credible against credible opponents.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Also look at CEE DEE!!

Oh yeah......

Ummm....he had 1 sack....in 5 games so far this season....and we should herald his 1 sack and PFF rating? Okay, so glad that $20M+ cap hit is paying dividends.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
its not tearing them down. its not giving undue credit and being realistic. there are those that nitpick and over analyze, twist and spin.

I stated a fact. the Giants offense was putrid. they averaged 12. we gave up 27...

with that said, I argued previously if this defense would give up 31 points a game, we could be 4-1 right now.

But the credit was due. Lawrence played a really good game and made a game-saving play.

It's understandable to rip him when he plays poorly, but equally, he should be given credit when he plays well, which he did.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I don’t understand how 3 of our front 7 had outstanding games and we still gave up 30+ to the worst offense in the league

Turnovers (14 points practically handed to them). Garrett being willing to be unexpectedly tricky (end-around to a tight end). Poor secondary communication and play.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Pressures are the best sign here. 9 in a game is crazy.

Maybe DLaw has turned it around.

I don't think he's elite, but he *can* be very good.

I think he's been leading us in pressures from the start. He just hasn't been getting the sacks. It is the measure of his position, though, so it's understandable if some fans don't see what else he does, such as making plays in the backfield against the run and forcing the quarterbacks to step up in the pocket where someone else should be able to sack them (except we have little interior pressure).

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ummm....he had 1 sack....in 5 games so far this season....and we should herald his 1 sack and PFF rating? Okay, so glad that $20M+ cap hit is paying dividends.
What does this have to do with how he played on Sunday? Some of y’all are just miserable.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think he's been leading us in pressures from the start. He just hasn't been getting the sacks. It is the measure of his position, though, so it's understandable if some fans don't see what else he does, such as making plays in the backfield against the run and forcing the quarterbacks to step up in the pocket where someone else should be able to sack them (except we have little interior pressure).

Wait. The Hurries looks like #FakeNews.

DLaw, for the year, Pro Football Reference:
1 Hurries
0 Knockdowns
1 Sacks
2 Pressures
1 QB Hit
1 Forced fumbles

That's sad. I'm going with PFR over some rando's tweet.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LawrDe00.htm

Sydla

Reaction score

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
There is no question Lawrence had a really good game. The question is can he do it back to back or will he slide back.

I question it. I didn't remember him wreaking havoc generally, but foolishly went with the info in the tweet. I remember one big play.

Sydla

Reaction score
I question it. I didn't remember him wreaking havoc generally, but foolishly went with the info in the tweet. I remember one big play.

He made a couple big run stops, I remember two other times he forced Jones to hurry a throw.

He had a very good game.