News: PFN: Dak Prescott: The NFC's Best Quarterback and a Top-5 NFL QB at His Best

Diehardblues

Reaction score
not arguing your point on your opinion, just that in my opinion, I don't see future potential for Jackson or Watson.
And that might be more about what the Browns or Ravens can produce in support.

Look how much over the years we have discussed how much support Prescott needs in order to have more success.

Again my assessment are largely based on potential and raw talent level. Prescott obviously has had as much success or more than some of these other QB’s I’d rather have. And why in several cases I’d rather have some of these recent top draft picks .

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Unless you have a crystal ball we don’t know if the Cowboys will have more success with Prescott. All we can do as a fan is root for his and the teams success while critiquing along the way.

While Prescott may never win a championship with the Cowboys I’d hardly describe any starting QB in the NFL a loser especially one with a 160 million contract. Which would fall in similar criteria as your assessment of our owner.
Do you also consider lottery winners successful?

What about people that sue places and get big payouts? Are they successful?

Unfortunately I feel Dak may share your “I’m rich so I’m successful” mentality. That’s why when it comes to football he is a loser and always will be on that field.

Flamma

Reaction score
:lmao:……..not even the best quarterback in his division.
I respectfully disagree. I don't know how much you pay attention to other posters here, but if you know me, you'd know I'm not Dak fan. If it was up to me, Dak would be off the team in two years. There would be no extension.

That said, he is currently the best QB in the NFC. Hurts is a very good QB given his situation. Dak doesn't have that situation and is often throwing into pass coverage. Back in 2016 he looked a lot better because he was throwing into primarily run defenses because of Zeke. Hurts had that luxury last year. He didn't have it the year before and looked awful. So I'm not going to kiss hurts *** until I see him actually throw it into pass coverage. At some point he's going to have to do that. Just like Lamar Jackson after 2019. Now he doesn't look anywhere near as good as he did back then. That year remains his best passing stats because he was throwing against run defenses.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Do you also consider lottery winners successful?

What about people that sue places and get big payouts? Are they successful?

Unfortunately I feel Dak may share your “I’m rich so I’m successful” mentality. That’s why when it comes to football he is a loser and always will be on that field.
Considering only about 10% of amateur athletes turn professional I’d consider most of them to be successful by just beating the odds.

And Prescott being a 4th round pick I’d say he has over achieved.

It appears your only measurement for success is winning championships which would mean most professional athletes aren’t successful.

Which sounds more like an agenda driven point of view to support an isolated opinion or position that all aren’t successful unless they win a championship.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Considering only about 10% of amateur athletes turn professional I’d consider most of them to be successful by just beating the odds.

And Prescott being a 4th round pick I’d say he has over achieved .

It appears your only measurement for success is winning championships which would mean most professional athletes aren’t successful. Which sounds more like an agenda driven point of view to support an isolated opinion or position.
That attitude is why Dak sucks.

I made it! So I’m successful!

Get that loser mentality off my team please.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That attitude is why Dak sucks.

I made it! So I’m successful!

Get that loser mentality off my team please.
You’re just further exposing yourself here .

It suks we aren’t winning championships. We all are frustrated . And Prescott could very well be a contributor in why we aren’t having more success.

But NFL players aren’t losers . They have beat the odds in playing professional football.

Again, if your only measurement for success is winning championships then that means most professional players are losers . Lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You’re just further exposing yourself here .

It suks we aren’t winning championships. We all are frustrated . And Prescott could very well be a contributor in why we aren’t having more success.

But NFL players aren’t losers . They have beat the odds in playing professional football.

Again, if your only measure t for success is winning championships then that means most professional players are losers . Lol
Dak is a loser on the football field.

He doesn’t have what it takes to be a winner.

I’m not judging him because he’s never won squat in his life. I’m judging him on his skills and ability. He ain’t that guy and never will be.

I’m not in the feel good story business.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think their upside and or talent level might be greater than Prescotts . Which could be more potential . It might be marginal and no doubt arguable .

For the same reasons I might like some of the 2023 highly drafted QB’s taken in draft without seeing them perform yet in NFL.

Prescott is a solid QB but I see some of these others as more talented with potential of more success if can be surrounded sufficiently.
I’m just curious but what does Lamar, Tua and Watson do better than Dak?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I’m not judging him because he’s never won squat in his life. I’m judging him on his skills and ability. He ain’t that guy and never will be.

24 hours later and you still upset. :laugh:

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Please define what a winner or loser is?

Is winning or playing for a championship the only way you define a winner?

Or is he still a loser even if he wins a championship.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Please define what a winner is?

Is winning or playing for a championship the only way you define a winner?
You either win or you loser.

Yes, Dan Marino, as highly skilled as he is as a QB is not a winner because he never won anything.

He’s an all time great talent, but not a winner.

Dak is none of those things.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. I don't know how much you pay attention to other posters here, but if you know me, you'd know I'm not Dak fan. If it was up to me, Dak would be off the team in two years. There would be no extension.

That said, he is currently the best QB in the NFC. Hurts is a very good QB given his situation. Dak doesn't have that situation and is often throwing into pass coverage. Back in 2016 he looked a lot better because he was throwing into primarily run defenses because of Zeke. Hurts had that luxury last year. He didn't have it the year before and looked awful. So I'm not going to kiss hurts *** until I see him actually throw it into pass coverage. At some point he's going to have to do that. Just like Lamar Jackson after 2019. Now he doesn't look anywhere near as good as he did back then. That year remains his best passing stats because he was throwing against run defenses.
"He is the 2nd best qb in the nfc" is kind of like saying hey he is short but he is the tallest midget at the midget convention.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboysZone has been around for decades now. The site has not been around as long as Jerry Jones has been general manager.

Jerry Jones has, does, and shall have 100% authority on every quarterback signed and/or drafted. Without exception. Every CowboysZone member, both old and new, has zero power in roster decisions, including quarterback acquisitions. Again, without exception.

Every CowboysZone member has always held an opinion about this or that Dallas quarterback since the Quincy Carter days. Some opinions develop varying degrees of animosity. Logically, animosity concerning the topic would be directed at the source for why it remains unchanged, which is...

...Jerry Jones, correct?

N o p e. Instead, posted negativity is leveled at fellow, pro and con, CowboysZone members. Every year. Every month. Every week. Every day. Practically every hour. Sometimes multiple times per minute. No CowboysZone member can substitute in the backup quarterback. Cannot bench the starting quarterback. Cannot proactively do anything after a sack, fumble or interception. Or before games even start. Cannot prevent the issuance of a league accolade. Heck. Cannot even remove the next Sketchers or Sleep Number commercial campaign from television screens. No compromise. No meeting in the middle. It... never... stops....

Excuse the rant. Back to

quickccc

Reaction score
1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Joe Burrow
3. Josh Allen
4 Aaron Rodgers
5. Justin Herbert
6. Jalen Hurts
7. Deshaun Watson
8. Dak Prescott
9. Trevor Lawrence
10 Lamar Jackson
11. Matthew Stafford
12. Kirk Cousins
13 Jared Goff
14 Tua Tagovailoa
15 Geno Smith
16. Matt Jones
17 Daniel Jones
18. Russell Wilson
19. Kyle Murray
20. Derek Carr

Flamma

Reaction score
"He is the 2nd best qb in the nfc" is kind of like saying hey he is short but he is the tallest midget at the midget convention.
Well, similar to by me saying I have the biggest balls in a room full of eunuchs. What does that really say?