News: PFN: Dak Prescott: The NFC's Best Quarterback and a Top-5 NFL QB at His Best

shabazz

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. I don't know how much you pay attention to other posters here, but if you know me, you'd know I'm not Dak fan. If it was up to me, Dak would be off the team in two years. There would be no extension.

That said, he is currently the best QB in the NFC. Hurts is a very good QB given his situation. Dak doesn't have that situation and is often throwing into pass coverage. Back in 2016 he looked a lot better because he was throwing into primarily run defenses because of Zeke. Hurts had that luxury last year. He didn't have it the year before and looked awful. So I'm not going to kiss hurts *** until I see him actually throw it into pass coverage. At some point he's going to have to do that. Just like Lamar Jackson after 2019. Now he doesn't look anywhere near as good as he did back then. That year remains his best passing stats because he was throwing against run defenses.
Before last season I would have agreed that Dakota was the best in the East ( which wasn’t saying a lot) but the stride Hurts made in throwing the rock in addition to using his legs makes him better.

Leading the league in interception despite playing only 12 games sealed the deal in my opinion of that.

Dak was a serviceable but inconsistent quarterback but the injuries and turnovers has him under Hurts however, if he can stay healthy, utilize Cooks and Schoonmaker, AND cut down on the turnovers I’m hoping the defense can carry him to a championship

shabazz

Reaction score
Well, similar to by me saying I have the biggest balls in a room full of eunuchs. What does that really say?
:laugh:…..they say that Janet Reno had a scrotum that would knock your Aunt Connie’s socks off

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So everyone who loses a game is a loser. Even if you won more games than you lost to get there.

Brilliant Mountain Boy. I guess that’s how y’all do it up there in the hills of West Virginia.
You wouldn't understand, bro.

You have that participation trophy mindset. We wouldn't be on the same teams. People with your mindset hold others back.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
3 types of QBs in my world, ones:
-you win because of
-you win with
-you win in spite of

Very few QB’s in the first category, a lot in the middle and a few in the last.

Dak is a QB you win with not because of.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
To all the kids out there Mountain Boy says if you can’t win it all like a championship or gold medal, you’re just a loser.

Great life lesson from one of our colorful members . Yeeeeehaawwww . Lol

Flamma

Reaction score
Before last season I would have agreed that Dakota was the best in the East ( which wasn’t saying a lot) but the stride Hurts made in throwing the rock in addition to using his legs makes him better.

Leading the league in interception despite playing only 12 games sealed the deal in my opinion of that.

Dak was a serviceable but inconsistent quarterback but the injuries and turnovers has him under Hurts however, if he can stay healthy, utilize Cooks and Schoonmaker, AND cut down on the turnovers I’m hoping the defense can carry him to a championship
I agree with you to an extent. I just don't believe Hurts made strides. He got a better situation around him. He's got an outstanding line and 2 really good wideouts. Their run game is only successful when he is a big part of it. The second he has to throw into coverage, it will be ugly.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Has there ever been a Cowboy player that fans had such strong opinions about one way or the other? And for now most fans pretty much have their opinions formed and set. The only one who could/will move the needle on the opinions one way or the other is Dak Prescott. And he will. Sooner rather than later.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I agree. I think it's telling that the best teams don't have to score the most. You know who scored a lot last year? Detroit Lions and they didn't make the playoffs. And all those years we'd go 8-8 leading the league in offense. The game is more than about statistics and fantasy points. In order for this team to go where it needs to go it will have to take a step back in the stats department and I hope everyone is willing to accept that.
Only ones who care about stats are Dak Fans

NotForLong

Reaction score
summed up quite nicely::

A season ago, Prescott’s 52.5% success rate ranked below only Mahomes and Allen. He ranked eighth in both EPA and the EPA+CPOE composite. Mind you, this was in what many claim was arguably his worst season.

On third and fourth down, only Mahomes, Allen, and Jalen Hurts had higher success rates. On 3rd-and-6 or more, only Tagovailoa (47.2%) and Mahomes (46.7%) had higher success rates than Prescott (44.3%).

In fact, Prescott’s success rate from 2020-2022 ranks fourth, above Aaron Rodgers, who won two MVPs in that time. Only Mahomes, Allen, and Ryan Tannehill (who misses Arthur Smith dearly) have better marks over that time.

Prescott is a quarterback guy’s favorite quarterback. But because of the team he plays for, many want to claim he’s just Kirk Cousins with better marketing. He’s not.
Prescott is a QB Guy's favorite QB . . WTH does this even mean?

NotForLong

Reaction score
No, they made quite salient points that annoyed you because you disagree.

1. INTs are only half the TO score with fumbles being very much in play.
2. Stafford leading the league in INTs but winning a title meant no one cared he led the league in INT. It was the very next year and all any attention seeking talking head could bring up after ignoring that mark in 2021.

Dak put up good to great numbers across many metrics including points per game. And he did so with fewer offensive weapons then other people on the list.
Outside Mahomes every QB has holes in his game that can be attacked.
As good as Joey B is, he fumbles wayyyyyy too much. And it costs his team.
Josh is turnover prone for a career, not a season.
Herbert will beat you if a clean throw is there but if not he offers nothing but a punt and they tend to lose a lot.

Cowboys fans have no excuse to be so low info or to constantly bag on their own QB.
Dak sucks

NotForLong

Reaction score
It's not over the top. Let me rephrase my statement. When I say he doesn't make them better I mean he's not putting his team over. If Keenan Allen is hurt it should not be an automatic loss. If Austin Ekeler is hurt that should not affect Herbert. Because it wouldn't affect Mahomes.

So that's what I mean by not making them better. When an offensive lineman is out it shouldn't kill their team.

And I'm able to discuss quarterbacks without propping up Dak. The thing about the QB conversation is that I hold other QB's to the same standard that you guys hold Dak to. I just keep the same energy. And it's certain guys that I'm just not willing to hold in higher regard than Dak. To me I don't understand how one could say Dak sucks but hype up Deshaun Watson. Or use his turnovers against him but hype up Stafford or Josh Allen. For the record I'm not interested in debating how great Dak is because I think it's too tough of a conversation to have. I don't think either side would have it honestly.

I'm also of the belief that Mahomes is in a tier of his own. And that 2nd tier is where Hurts, Allen, etc. belong.
If Pollard is out that shouldn't effect Dak. Because it wouldn't effect Mahomes. . . When an Offensive Lineman is out it shouldn't kill their team . . . Same Energy approach . . . I like it

NotForLong

Reaction score
If you believe Bobby Belt....He said Kellen walked in at the end of the season and said I am done here. Apparently he and mccarthy did not get along and moore wanted out.
I don't blame Him . . . His back must be killing Him carrying Dak

Oh well he just went from a Volks Wagon Bus to a Lamborghini

NotForLong

Reaction score
3 types of QBs in my world, ones:
-you win because of
-you win with
-you win in spite of

Very few QB’s in the first category, a lot in the middle and a few in the last.

Dak is a QB you win with not because of.
I had him in the in spite or category. . . If He wins the 49ers game last year he would be in the Win With category

We shall see this year