News: PFN: Dak Prescott: The NFC's Best Quarterback and a Top-5 NFL QB at His Best

starfan1

Reaction score
Third? Daniel Jones? Really? :laugh::lmao:
you know I think Dak gets a bad rap in here some of its deserved some of it is by football know nothings. But ill say this if we were basing it soley on last year I wouldnt rule out him being the 3rd best QB in the division heck there were times he looked like the 4th best. I think its anomally though and dak alone was not the reason he looked like he did there were factors involved.

I think this year hell go back to being top 7 but that still may not be enough to get the team over the san fran hump. If it isnt than Jerry should bite the bullett and move on. the problem is that dang contract is pretty restrictive.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Who cares? I'm tired of stats, regular season accolades and pundit rankings. Get us to at least an NFC Championship Game.
Last year was the year to do it AND win home field advantage sans the clunkers at Green Bay and Jacksonville.
I don't care whether Dak is considered 1st or 15th best quarterback.
He's OUR quarterback.
Now ... GET ... US ... TO ... THE ... NFC ... CHAMPIONSHIP ... GAME!
PERIODT!!!!

Motorola

Reaction score
I was beginning to think that we would go one day without a Dak or MM bashing thread, but here we go!
The negative threads about the HC have practically gone away during this offseason ( a few "fat\ big eater" comments still pop up and there).

But threads about league quarterback listings, rankings, or topics in general, along with those specifically about #4 - will always morph into back-and-forth insultfests that run on for dozens of pages, adding up to hundred of posts.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
"At his best". Seriously, though. The article makes some valid points. Other QBs have miscues and don't get nearly as much criticism as Dak.

But as much as I have criticized Dak by saying he is really two Daks, Good Dak and Bad Dak, Good Dak is really, really good. When he is making quick smart decisions, seeing the field and spreading the ball around to the open receivers he is as good as anyone in the league not named Mahomes. The problem is, we do not see Good Dak all the time. In fact, we saw him far too infrequently last year. If Dak puts it together and has a year of Good Dak games strung together for the entire season, he will be the MVP of the league.

The opposite side of the coin is that Bad Dak is really bad. If McCarthy can find a way to minimize appearances by Bad Dak the Cowboys will finally make it to the Super Bowl.
Agreed, of course I have used the term "Bi-polar" but in essence it's the same thing.

The problem is with a one and done playoff format the NFL use's bi-polar Dak is NOT a good thing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
you know I think Dak gets a bad rap in here some of its deserved some of it is by football know nothings. But ill say this if we were basing it soley on last year I wouldnt rule out him being the 3rd best QB in the division heck there were times he looked like the 4th best. I think its anomally though and dak alone was not the reason he looked like he did there were factors involved.

I think this year hell go back to being top 7 but that still may not be enough to get the team over the san fran hump. If it isnt than Jerry should bite the bullett and move on. the problem is that dang contract is pretty restrictive.
I get Hurts. It's only a one year sample size but it was a great one year so I get it. But Daniel Jones? That one I don't get. I'd take Dak at his worst over Daniel Jones at this best.

As far as getting from under that contract.....Dak could force their hand if he sucks in the playoffs. I don't think ultimately it matters what he does in the regular season. Has to build on that playoff resume. And if he doesn't....hell Jerry may still stick by him for all I know but this front office seems to be making the tough decisions lately......

MikeB80

Reaction score
I'm just looking forward to the hilarious way Dak and the cowboys are going to end the season. The previous two were just fantastic.

I still believe Dak sliding after running a qb keeper with no timeouts in 2021 is a top 5 all time playoff blunder. Its really hard to find worse plays in critical moments throughout the history of the nfl playoffs. I mean somewhere Neil O'Donnell was watching that and going come on man...

The stupidity and absurdity of that play is the most cowboys thing ever. Just hysterical. I absolutely love watching it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Whether you agree with the statement or not, the article is filled with substantive research and data. To refute them is fine, but to do so with just an ‘eye test’ especially as a fan, is nonsensical.
Their idea of refuting is putting their hands over their ears and closing their eyes lol.