News: PFT: Amari Cooper thinks he's the NFL's best receiver, knows he hasn't proved it

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Having Plantar Fasciitis caused Amari to look as though he wasn't who he used to be.

Many fans didn't know of his foot issues. Now that he took care of it during the off season, he'll be able to back up his word 100%. Getcha popcorn ready!

stinkface

Reaction score
What's that old saying. "Looks good on paper", or the other old saying "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane". PS. I hope he lights it up this year. We seem to have an overabundance of top flight receivers. Shame we couldn't have worked out a trade for one of them for an excellent DT.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What's that old saying. "Looks good on paper", or the other old saying "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane". PS. I hope he lights it up this year. We seem to have an overabundance of top flight receivers. Shame we couldn't have worked out a trade for one of them for an excellent DT.
Better than, "Looks like Jane, swings like Tarzan."
:muttley::omg::D:cool:

Mannix

Reaction score
I’m the best, when I try to be….but I only try about 20 days every month…the other days are for disinterest, aloofness, and basis laziness.

blueblood70

Reaction score
hes top 10 for sure debatable 5-10 but nowhere near the best imo..

Carson

Reaction score
5-10 is the range id put him as well. Everything else is really debatable

I put a few guys like Adams, Hopkins, Hill, Diggs for sure.

Then you have guys like Robinson, Julio, Brown where they all have a case

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Perception is big in determining who "The best," is. Cooper isnt vocal, he doesnt have a dance when he scores a TD, hes not 6'4", he doesnt run like T.Hill. He is quiet, non diva, but he has been VERY good since his arrival. We also overpayed a little because we were in a pinch. But, I did get him in one of my fantasy leagues, so I need him to play like megatron this year...lol

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone could have a problem with their guy feeling this way.. Who the hell wants guys on their team who think in their mind that they can be the absolute best and set out every day to prove it.

It's a lose/lose situation for him and every other player on the team with this board. The haters, trolls ect who are here make fun of him and don't like that he thinks this. Where at the same time if he said the opposite he would be ridiculed the exact same way but on the other side of the spectrum. This is one of the easiest sports forums I've been on to spot the real Cowboy fans and the fake ones. It's almost like the trolls here don't even try anymore to blend in.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I think he has top-five ability, but I don't think his health has supported that. That he continually has had to battle lower-body issues and put up 1,000-yard seasons in six of seven years is pretty amazing. But I'm afraid what he's done might be the extent of his ability because of his leg and feet problems. Would love to see what he can do when fully healthy, since I'm not sure he's been fully healthy for a full season yet.

That he plays through a lot of his injuries, especially plantar fasciitis, gives some false impressions about his skill level, I think. But that's part of the game. Can't be the best if you can't stay healthy enough to prove it.

Praxit

Reaction score
..oh boy, that's lots of ego there. It never ends well. How bout, "shut up and play".

Praxit

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone could have a problem with their guy feeling this way.. Who the hell wants guys on their team who think in their mind that they can be the absolute best and set out every day to prove it.
....I dont know, Ron. How bout going out there play the game and put up some nice numbers. Let them do the talking.

Carson

Reaction score
..oh boy, that's lots of ego there. It never ends well. How bout, "shut up and play".
I think people are misconstruing what he said. No ego at all.

He said he believes he can be the best receiver in the NFL, but he has not shown it yet.

Pretty opposite of ego. It’s what every legit #1 WR will say.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Consistency.

When he’s been on he’s just different.