News: PFT: Amari Cooper thinks he's the NFL's best receiver, knows he hasn't proved it

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
50a222b2-29b3-471a-a1f6-de09eed4443f_screenshot.jpg
Self aware man, I like that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think he has top-five ability, but I don't think his health has supported that. That he continually has had to battle lower-body issues and put up 1,000-yard seasons in six of seven years is pretty amazing. But I'm afraid what he's done might be the extent of his ability because of his leg and feet problems. Would love to see what he can do when fully healthy, since I'm not sure he's been fully healthy for a full season yet.

That he plays through a lot of his injuries, especially plantar fasciitis, gives some false impressions about his skill level, I think. But that's part of the game. Can't be the best if you can't stay healthy enough to prove it.
hey that's part of it

be available or get passed by..

blueblood70

Reaction score
when will this team stop talking and start doing?

I forgot, they’re just following their leader (Dak) to get paid and they know talking will get it done
WHAT??

HE WAS HONEST, SAID PRETTY CLEARY HE HASNT PROVED IT YET..

IF that bothers you sorry you are senstive..

a player we hoped would talk more have more passion, Hard knocks showed side of him i didn't realize he would show..hes typically mild mannered and quiet but he and diggs goign at it all one practice both trash talking was GREAT to see from Cooper IMO..

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
when will this team stop talking and start doing?

I forgot, they’re just following their leader (Dak) to get paid and they know talking will get it done

"Visionary with the Highjack attempt...what do you think Chris, will his move pan out?"

glimmerman

Reaction score
Show me by not checking out or disappearing during games. He had a foot issue. But in some games he seems to let his mind take him out of games. He is very good and can break a game open any time. But has to remember that when going against corners that’s winning a few.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Show me by not checking out or disappearing during games. He had a foot issue. But in some games he seems to let his mind take him out of games. He is very good and can break a game open any time. But has to remember that when going against corners that’s winning a few.

Exactly, we know you have talent, be the man in every game. Hopefully the foot thing is truly gone and he has his year this year.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Lamb should be in the #1 spot. So, I guess I have big doubt.

I like Lamb, drafted him in fantasy. But call me when lamb can win double coverages. Cooper is why everyone else see's single coverage mostly. Lamb and Gallup look great going 1 on 1 and you take those matchups all day every day, while Coop makes it all possible. he's just quiet about it.

CWR

Reaction score
Man I love Coop and watching Hard Knocks has only made me like him more. The guy is a total pro. I can't believe the hate he gets from his own fan base.

I cuss out my favorite players on game day regularly, but I let it go and appreciate their total body of work. Some yall really hold grudges.

ReverendFelcher

Reaction score
I like Lamb, drafted him in fantasy. But call me when lamb can win double coverages. Cooper is why everyone else see's single coverage mostly. Lamb and Gallup look great going 1 on 1 and you take those matchups all day every day, while Coop makes it all possible. he's just quiet about it.
Sorry. Just don't see it. Gives up when he has it rough early and disappears. Plus, sucks on the road.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Sorry. Just don't see it. Gives up when he has it rough early and disappears. Plus, sucks on the road.

Its hard to debate against that as it has happened, again I'm hoping his foot was a problem and its seems healed...maybe. If he wants to be the man he needs to show up in every game and lead this WR corp. I think he does have the talent..lets see it.

ReverendFelcher

Reaction score
Its hard to debate against that as it has happened, again I'm hoping his foot was a problem and its seems healed...maybe. If he wants to be the man he needs to show up in every game and lead this WR corp. I think he does have the talent..lets see it.
Believe me, I hope he comes out against Tampa like he's Megatron

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On one hand he thinks he's the best but on the other hasn't proven it and admits that. He speaks of opportunities that other WR's exploit but has he not had ample opportunities?

I like him and his non diva attitude but since he came into the NFL, he has disappeared in both OAK and DAL and being one of the absolute best route runners in the game, that should not happen.

Cooper does not have to be the best, just be as good as he can be and make the catches when they're there. The Cowboys are blessed with great triplets at WR and really two WR1's but he needs to be that every time he steps on that field. His inconsistency is why he is not really in the top 5, let alone #1.

He needs to be more concerned with being the best Cowboys WR before he considers the NFL. And he needs to be aware there are some that favor keeping Gallup next season, to pair with Lamb, over keeping him and his guaranteed money ends this after this season.

All Cowboys, not just Cooper, need to just shut up and let their play on the field speak for them. Then, maybe others argue for him being the best.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

The opposite has happened as well.. Need I remind you of that amazing game against Philly when he had 2 catches for 37 yards in the first three quarters then went off for 9 catches for 190 yards and 3 TDs in the 4th quarter and OT. Maybe it's not as hard to debate as you think.. I'm not going to bang on the guy for having enough self awareness to take himself out of the game when he's gimped up and hurting the team. Hopefully the foot issues are behind him and we can get a few unimpaired years out of him.. because when he's healthy the dude is just not coverable.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The opposite has happened as well.. Need I remind you of that amazing game against Philly when he had 2 catches for 37 yards in the first three quarters then went off for 9 catches for 190 yards and 3 TDs in the 4th quarter and OT. Maybe it's not as hard to debate as you think.. I'm not going to bang on the guy for having enough self awareness to take himself out of the game when he's gimped up and hurting the team. Hopefully the foot issues are behind him and we can get a few unimpaired years out of him.. because when he's healthy the dude is just not coverable.

I agree thats why its hard for me, I hope it was the foot. There is no denying he had some off games, I'm hoping it was just the injury. He clearly has the talent to put the game on his shoulders and get it done....

ReverendFelcher

Reaction score
Knew someone would dig that game up lol

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I agree thats why its hard for me, I hope it was the foot. There is no denying he had some off games, I'm hoping it was just the injury. He clearly has the talent to put the game on his shoulders and get it done....

I think the whole "sucks on the road" bugaboo is a misnomer.. Cooper's struggles have been been more about cold weather than just on the road.. If you look at his career the colder it gets the lower his catch percentage gets. Same with his yards per game. As a fellow Floridian I can tell you from experience.. the cold weather games kick our butts. People can say what they want but it's a very real thing. If you are gimped up a little bit it gets magnified tenfold when it's 25 degrees outside.. And sometimes even if you're 100% healthy it takes 3X as long to get warmed up.. if in fact you ever do get warmed up.. and if you spend too much time standing still your body parts start to go numb. It's very real and aint goin nowhere any time soon.

ReverendFelcher

Reaction score
I think the whole "sucks on the road" bugaboo is a misnomer.. Cooper's struggles have been been more about cold weather than just on the road.. If you look at his career the colder it gets the lower his catch percentage gets. Same with his yards per game. As a fellow Floridian I can tell you from experience.. the cold weather games kick our butts. People can say what they want but it's a very real thing. If you are gimped up a little bit it gets magnified tenfold when it's 25 degrees outside.. And sometimes even if you're 100% healthy it takes 3X as long to get warmed up.. if in fact you ever do get warmed up.. and if you spend too much time standing still your body parts start to go numb. It's very real and aint goin nowhere any time soon.
I personally, would think he would be better in rain too. But, that's a good point.