News: PFT: Cowboys meeting with Byron Jones' representation today

Dreski

Reaction score
No because chido isn't that good. His guy is usually open. Byron is average at best playing zone. Has zero instincts.
I was wondering, if Byron was so good, why was Chido left by himself in coverage a lot. You would think that they would give Chido more help. Not saying anything against either of em, but I don’t understand why they would leave Awuzie by himself if Byron was better at covering guys.

cern

Reaction score
GOAT belichick puts his best cb on opponents 2nd best receiver. Then he puts 2nd best cb plus safety on their best receiver. Seems this could work for us.

Carson

Reaction score
GOAT belichick puts his best cb on opponents 2nd best receiver. Then he puts 2nd best cb plus safety on their best receiver. Seems this could work for us.

Doesn’t Gilmore travel with the 1s? He followed Cooper and always follows Hopkins

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I was wondering, if Byron was so good, why was Chido left by himself in coverage a lot. You would think that they would give Chido more help. Not saying anything against either of em, but I don’t understand why they would leave Awuzie by himself if Byron was better at covering guys.
Jones had the better WR to cover perhaps.?

How do you make a point like that without showing a video or something more than just your comment?

You know the rules here..got a source?

Really.

:laugh:

Dreski

Reaction score
Jones had the better WR to cover perhaps.?

How do you make a point like that without showing a video or something more than just your comment?

You know the rules here..got a source?

Really.

:laugh:
Hah it’s been talked about here before, there’s a DMN article that points out that the scheme played part in his struggles as well.

I’m not trying to bring either player down I was just wondering why they didn’t switch it up on defense to help Chido out. Maybe they did, who knows. Dude has his struggles, but maybe not having such a predictable defense will help them out

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Hah it’s been talked about here before, there’s a DMN article that points out that the scheme played part in his struggles as well.

I’m not trying to bring either player down I was just wondering why they didn’t switch it up on defense to help Chido out. Maybe they did, who knows. Dude has his struggles, but maybe not having such a predictable defense will help them out
Whatever.

Richard was his main supporter and he is gone.

Jones is probably out.

No money.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's much cheaper to bring back Safety Jeff Heath while drafting Byron Jones' replacement in this year's draft.

817Gill

Reaction score
Lmaoo they met with him, heard what he was asking for, and said no thanks per Ian Rappaport

JBond

Reaction score
The fact is that he'll get it, and his agent knows it.

If the Cowboys are unable or unwilling to pay, there will be another cap-flush team out there that will make Byron Jones the highest-paid cornerback in football.

Here's a list of the highest paid going into the 2019 season. Take note of how many teams have gotten out of their deals with those players already (Washington, NY Jets, NY Giants and likely the Vikings), and how many wish they could (Miami, Atlanta, Jacksonville):

NFL's highest paid cornerbacks (average salary per year):
  • 1. Dolphins cornerback Xavien Howard: $15.1 million
  • 2. Commanders cornerback Josh Norman: $15 million
  • 3. Jets cornerback Trumaine Johnson: $14.5 million
  • 4. Vikings cornerback Xavier Rhodes: $14 million
  • 5. Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson: $14 million
  • 6. Bears cornerback Kyle Fuller: $14 million
  • 7. Falcons cornerback Desmond Trufant: $13.8 million
  • 8. Jaguars cornerback A.J. Bouye: $13.5 million
  • 9. Patriots cornerback Stephon Gilmore: $13 million
  • 10. Giants cornerback Janoris Jenkins: $12.5 million
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...anking-nfl-cbs-salary-2019-season/1842447001/
He is none of those guys. He is a 7 to 10 a year guy. I read a Bronco report that they have him pegged less than that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is none of those guys. He is a 7 to 10 a year guy. I read a Bronco report that they have him pegged less than that.

Good luck with that. Byron Jones will be getting one of those Anthony Hitchens contracts that make you go :omg:

Carson

Reaction score
Lmaoo they met with him, heard what he was asking for, and said no thanks per Ian Rappaport

You just can’t pay 15 million for a corner who isn’t a game changer. A team with tons of cap, need etc can swing it. He’s just the last mouth that gets fed and you cannot pay him 15 million

DuncanIso

Reaction score
You just can’t pay 15 million for a corner who isn’t a game changer. A team with tons of cap, need etc can swing it. He’s just the last mouth that gets fed and you cannot pay him 15 million

BJones is a lockdown corner. Look at his stats.

he is going to get paid.

Carson

Reaction score
BJones is a lockdown corner. Look at his stats.

he is going to get paid.

That’s what I’m implying. He’s getting 70+ and 15 a year.

I simply meant Dallas cannot pay him. Somebody is going to make him the highest paid corner in the market

817Gill

Reaction score
Exactly! He can’t even be considered a top 5 CB due to his lack of ball skills.

If I told you your number 1 highest paid corner hadn’t picked the ball off in 2 years, you’d ask why he’s the highest paid corner lol. Don’t get me wrong Byron is a number 1 and he’s a very good corner for what he’s asked to do. But for a defense that will be more multiple, he’s a pretty 1-dimensional corner