News: PFT: Cowboys plan to sit Dak Prescott in preseason finale

Blackrain

Reaction score
Romo was already in his 30s and had a history of many injuries. His body was broken by 2016. Dak is not anywhere near there yet.
Yep Romos injuries were being managed during the week he didn't practice to keep it under control.
Dak is not even close to being in the same guarded situation that Romo had to be in because of his issues

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Your muscles have got to get used to the strain of playing full speed of the game when it counts. There is a difference between practice speed and game speed.
But all you're doing is starting the full speed sooner, this increasing the odds of an injury, in games that don't even count.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-reportedly-out-6-10-weeks-with-back-fracture

this is a argument of why you dont start your franchise QB in a meaningless preseason game
Romo was in his mid-30s and had a long history of injuries by that point. Dak is no where near that point at this time. Dak is still in his prime. Quit being scared. Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Carson Wentz, Tua Tagovailoa, Trevor Lawrence, Mitch Trubisky, Daniel Jones, Marcus Mariota, Jared Goff, Deshaun Watson, Zach Wilson, Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Matt Ryan and Drew Lock ... all starters ... have all played this preseason.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The whole starting unit should play a quarter of this last preseason game.
Dak should come out command his offense show he can pass the ball with accuracy and efficiency show we can run the ball and exit with the confidence to succeed when we play Tampa Bay.

My goodness what are we afraid of I'm not saying expose players to some kind of crazy unnecessary risk but geez they can get hurt at any point in time.

That's starting unit more than anything else needs confidence that they can put together a couple PENALTY FREE!!!! Drives that end in touchdowns not field goals and prove to themselves and everyone else that the receivers they have are good enough to do the job and the offense of line is good enough to run behind and pass protect.

Test don't guess!!!!!
If the other team isn't playing their starters, then what's the point? You're just giving some scrub an opportunity to make a name for himself by taking out one of our starters.

starfan1

Reaction score
Romo was in his mid-30s and had a long history of injuries by that point. Dak is no where near that point at this time. Dak is still in his prime. Quit being scared. Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Carson Wentz, Tua Tagovailoa, Trevor Lawrence, Mitch Trubisky, Daniel Jones, Marcus Mariota, Jared Goff, Deshaun Watson, Zach Wilson, Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Matt Ryan and Drew Lock ... all starters ... have all played this preseason.
while i agree there is a difference between the 2 there is a injury history with dak. Secondly Im not sure 2 series does anything beneficial. 3rd its just an argument against playing your starters I could care less it isnt my body.4th if they played dak and he gets hurt will you be here front and center talking bout how dumb that was because now the season is shot? Just because another team played the starters is not a case for playing yours.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Not surprising ....

Not what I would do but I am not dealing with the league and their stupid rules

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
while i agree there is a difference between the 2 there is a injury history with dak. Secondly Im not sure 2 series does anything beneficial. 3rd its just an argument against playing your starters I could care less it isnt my body.4th if they played dak and he gets hurt will you be here front and center talking bout how dumb that was because now the season is shot? Just because another team played the starters is not a case for playing yours.
So why did Dak pull his calf muscle early in the season last year against the Patriots which plagued and hindered him the rest of the season? Could keeping him off the field all preseason have contributed?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
So why did Dak pull his calf muscle early in the season last year against the Patriots which plagued and hindered him the rest of the season? Could keeping him off the field all preseason have contributed?

I think he was overcompensating for his ankle in all honesty ..... I think he was scared to really plant it.
I agree with you about Romo but I will say this, Romo never had as horrific of an injury that Dak did less than 2 years ago

starfan1

Reaction score

well Im not sure Id call week 6 early and Im not sure whether or not playing him in the preseason would have prevented that or not. Ive had 2 calf injuries in my life one was because i didnt stretch well enough and the other was just a freak accident and Im nowhere near the athletic specimim Dak is nor have i ever been close

who knows hes a veteran and lack of snaps shouldnt prevent him from being in sync thats what practices are for but well see

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am think he was overcompensating for his ankle in all honesty ..... I think he was scared to really plant it.
I agree with you about Romo but I will say this, Romo never had as horrific of an injury that Dak did less than 2 years ago
That depends on your perspective. As someone who's had a lot of back pain, I'd take Dak's injury over Tony's.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
That depends on your perspective. As someone who's had a lot of back pain, I'd take Dak's injury over Tony's.

I have had both ...... Both suck.

But I was just talking about horrificness...... Daks compound fracture and dislocation made his foot just hanging on his leg by some skin ...... With back problems even fractures you usually do not even realize the probl m until later

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have had both ...... Both suck.

But I was just talking about horrificness...... Daks compound fracture and dislocation made his foot just hanging on his leg by some skin ...... With back problems even fractures you usually do not even realize the probl m until later
True, Dak's was grizzly to look at.

ESisback

Reaction score
If the Cowboys lose, or if Dak doesn’t throw for 375 yards and 3 or 4 TD’s, a few Eeyores will scream victory and validation…”I said all along that our crappy QB should have played preseason!”

I wonder what the entre will be at the Awards Banquet! Is there a cash award AND a trophy?

CoachD

Reaction score
I've never seen this approach to a preseason before. For the first time ever the Cowboys won't play their starter in any of the preseason games and when I say starters I mean all together at one time. Maybe this will be the new format from now on, no more dress rehearsals or anything to do with the starters in the preseason.