plymkr

Reaction score
What do you guys think of Vaccaro(sp). He's still available

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From Stephen: "You pointed it out, free safety, if the right spot were there would we have done something, absolutely. But it just didn’t work out that way and we certainly didn’t want to push the issue. We had to make a few tough decisions on whether to go with another need or the free safety need. But we feel like, overall, we’re very comfortable and confident where we are. But there’s still a lot of work to do between now and the start of the season.

“We’ve got some really good football players on this team. I think the competition levels will be high, and who knows — at the end of training camp, if you’re real strong in a particular area, you might could do something along those lines, as well, in terms of trading a player for a player."

Interesting. Think they still might entertain a trade of Irving for Thomas? Did SEA do much to replace the loss of Avril/Bennet on their roster? With us adding the DL via the Swtizer trade and looking at another DT in McClain and with the prospect of Gregory coming back, with Lawrence and Collins and Crawford already on the roster and Taco coming into that second year...I'd be down for spreading a bit of that depth around to the S position if SEA were interested. It's two impact players, one older, the other a knucklehead. Thomas is a better player than Irving, but not by all that much, and Irving is younger. Both guys are on one year deals. Our fronts are similar....it makes some sense.

Last edited:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we need bowman, thomas, and a DT (maybe McClain) to take this defense seriously.

I thought Bowman was a shoe-in in Dallas...until we went LB in the first. I agree, though, we still need a veteran LB. But now I think it needs to be a guy who's content with a backup or package role. But someone good enough to give us starter snaps if and when someone goes down, so we're not plugging in STers again and hoping to hang on, and then failing to.

conner01

Reaction score
From Stephen: "You pointed it out, free safety, if the right spot were there would we have done something, absolutely. But it just didn’t work out that way and we certainly didn’t want to push the issue. We had to make a few tough decisions on whether to go with another need or the free safety need. But we feel like, overall, we’re very comfortable and confident where we are. But there’s still a lot of work to do between now and the start of the season.

“We’ve got some really good football players on this team. I think the competition levels will be high, and who knows — at the end of training camp, if you’re real strong in a particular area, you might could do something along those lines, as well, in terms of trading a player for a player."

Interesting. Think they still might entertain a trade of Irving for Thomas? Did SEA do much to replace the loss of Avril on their roster? With us adding the DL via the Swtizer trade and looking at another DT in McClain and with the prospect of Gregory coming back, with Lawrence and Collins and Crawford already on the roster and Taco coming into that second year...I'd be down for spreading a bit of that depth around to the S position if SEA were interested. It's two impact players, one older, the other a knucklehead. Thomas is a better player than Irving, but not by all that much, and Irving is younger. Both guys are on one year deals. Our fronts are similar....it makes some sense.
I don’t think ET is a better player than Irving at all
Irving can take over a game
Both will be leaving their teams next year but unless you can get ET for a future pick I don’t see it happening
DT’s who can rush the passer are rarer than a 40 year old virgin

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score

Interesting. Think they still might entertain a trade of Irving for Thomas? Did SEA do much to replace the loss of Avril on their roster? With us adding the DL via the Swtizer trade and looking at another DT in McClain and with the prospect of Gregory coming back, with Lawrence and Collins and Crawford already on the roster and Taco coming into that second year...I'd be down for spreading a bit of that depth around to the S position if SEA were interested. It's two impact players, one older, the other a knucklehead. Thomas is a better player than Irving, but not by all that much, and Irving is younger. Both guys are on one year deals. Our fronts are similar....it makes some sense.
Interesting point, I think I might like it.

Texasfootball21

Reaction score
Cowboys vs Packers on NFLN right now. We’re going to be young and strong next season... :star: GO COWBOYS!

Beats_By_Zeke

Reaction score
Both will be leaving their teams next year but unless you can get ET for a future pick I don’t see it happening
40 year old virgins aren’t that rare

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What do you guys think of Vaccaro
He'd be better than any safety we have currently.
giphy.gif

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score

Yeah I'd he pretty pissed to swap Irving for ET. Irving could be a piece for a long time.

I also disagree that we should start trading away depth at DLine. We haven't had depth at DLine in years and it bites us every season at some point.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Interesting. Think they still might entertain a trade of Irving for Thomas? Did SEA do much to replace the loss of Avril/Bennet on their roster? With us adding the DL via the Swtizer trade and looking at another DT in McClain and with the prospect of Gregory coming back, with Lawrence and Collins and Crawford already on the roster and Taco coming into that second year...I'd be down for spreading a bit of that depth around to the S position if SEA were interested. It's two impact players, one older, the other a knucklehead. Thomas is a better player than Irving, but not by all that much, and Irving is younger. Both guys are on one year deals. Our fronts are similar....it makes some sense.

Right now, I view Irving as quite a bit better than any of our other interior linemen. Maybe that won't be the case by the end of camp.