PFT: Cowboys seem to be willing to let Dak Prescott hit the market in 2025

Flamma

Reaction score
Lance has talent but his issue is he has not played quarterback much. I get it, he was a top 3 pick but during that crazy season. Lance should have transferred to a Division 1 school and actually played a season. The kid has played like in 7 games in since 2020. He is so far behind even the college kids.
This is what I was talking about earlier with GMs. I am by no means a talent evaluator coming out of college. If you went by me, you'd be lucky to win a game. But even I raised an eyebrow when they gave up all those picks to move up and draft Lance. How did that make sense to them? But then again, we have no idea what his ceiling is.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This is what I was talking about earlier with GMs. I am by no means a talent evaluator coming out of college. If you went by me, you'd be lucky to win a game. But even I raised an eyebrow when they gave up all those picks to move up and draft Lance. How did that make sense to them? But then again, we have no idea what his ceiling is.
Supposedly Shanahan wanted the Alabama quarterback but Lance athletic ability was favored by the front office. Lance looks better than Dak right now so you can see how front offices get caught up. It just made know sense after watching how the Shanahan’s treated RG3 compared to Cousins.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Come on, this take is absurd. Troy was a little more than a "very good bus driver"
Troy was extremely talented. He only needed to be a bus driver with the team we had. It is not a knock on Troy.

If we needed more I am sure he could have done more, but we did not need him to do more.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Can't question it, they make it to the SB with that horrible decision and giving up so much draft capital.
49ers FO recognized a mistake and moved on quickly.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess we fans no more then general managers. You probably believe you know more football then Jerry Jones and you would have won a bunch of Super Bowls if you were in charge of the Cowboys.
I would have admitted I don't know enough and would have hired people who do. That's what a great owner does.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's possible Wash would offer a 3rd or something, to be a 2 year bridge gap until when Maye or Daniels is ready to take over.

I think NY might be an even better fit. I could more easily see them giving up a 3rd or something similar
After this year's rich QB Draft and considering where Todd and Dak want to be paid no one is trading for Dak even if we throw in a 2nd rounder.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Any quarterback with a great record beats bad teams. Mahomes is beating up on the AFC West and the GOAT beat up the AFC East for 17 years. You’re supposed to beat up bad teams. Dak has not won in the playoffs but do you really give credit to Hurts taking the Eagles to the Super Bowl. Do you think he is better than Dak. You probably give Stafford credit for winning the Super Bowl for the Rams but other than that one season was he really any good. Dak is consistently good and you can’t really ask for more at the quarterback position.
Barf

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I would have admitted I don't know enough and would have hired people who do. That's what a great owner does.
What is interesting about your comment is that most of the guys employed who supposedly "know" what to do...

Do things that this board constantly complains is stupid.

So...it gets narrowed down to how many people do you think are able to run a team in this World...and how many of the currently employed do you think pass your test and how many dont?

I just dont think its as easy as people think...and just "hiring" someone you think makes good football decisions isnt always qualified. I think its like the Stock Market. Supposedly over the course of 4 or 5 decades only a few fund managers have beat the S&P 500 consistently. And...when they do...its short lived. There is a hot hand at the trading desk and then he reverts back to average or below. Very few consistently cut the mustard. Yet...these sports boards just put unnecessary pressure on Orgs to do things...and usually its short term related.

If someone wants to trailblaze...they will go against the QB market and use rookie QBs constantly. That requires beating the "S&P 500" consistently by evaluating QB's coming out of college correctly enough. And the spill over to that is...what QB's want to sign with a team that only wants them for their rook contract? You could argue that your team construction and system is so dialed in for rookie QBs to succeed. But no one has done it consistently yet.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any quarterback with a great record beats bad teams. Mahomes is beating up on the AFC West and the GOAT beat up the AFC East for 17 years. You’re supposed to beat up bad teams. Dak has not won in the playoffs but do you really give credit to Hurts taking the Eagles to the Super Bowl. Do you think he is better than Dak. You probably give Stafford credit for winning the Super Bowl for the Rams but other than that one season was he really any good. Dak is consistently good and you can’t really ask for more at the quarterback position.
fd556db3d8a7eafd943430fb7483f1c5.gif

rambo2

Reaction score
Lost 8 starters.

Haven’t replaced anyone. Including a HOF left tackle and the center. lol.

They still winning 12 games?
A decent chance. They should be better at center. They are still the betting favorite in the East.

Flamma

Reaction score
Have you see Troy's playoff stats?

More importantly take a look at Emmitt Smith's.

Troy was a very good bus driver most of the time.

Let's add another factor. Our defense gave up 10, 13 and 17 points in Troy's 3 SB victories.
It was 17, 13, 17, the 1977 Cowboys gave up 10 points. There were a good 5 or 6 teams that won super bowls by scoring 17 points or less. To me a bus driver is Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson types.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
A decent chance. They should be better at center. They are still the betting favorite in the East.
It’s virtually a dead heat. And Vegas odds are established to generate action. Nothing more. But I’d bet dollars against donuts you’re not bettin on the Cowboys to win the NFC East in 24-25.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
After this year's rich QB Draft and considering where Todd and Dak want to be paid no one is trading for Dak even if we throw in a 2nd rounder.
I am the last person who would argue against that.

I'm merely trying to look at the other side, at what COULD be a remote possibility for even those wearing completely silver and blue glasses.

In reality though...I think what you just said is the far more likely outcome, though don't be surprised if Jerruh said "lots of teams were interested in trading for Dak, but to us he has no price tag" or some lame made up krap like that, to maintain the false appearance that he's always in the cat bird seat.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Not debating that, I was saying that if I could some how collect two 2nds I would be doing backflips.
Well can't blame you there.

But...I think your chiropractor can rest easy, knowing you won't be attempting any backflips but landing on your head, any time soon.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Giants signed Drew Lock to be the veteran backup - and seemingly be the starter until Daniel Jones gets back from his ACL injury.
Despite his struggles last season, HC Brian Daboll said yesterday at the league's meeting site in Orlando (Annual League Meeting is today through Wednesday) that he's still the QB.

Giants have pick no. 6; could they still pick a QB?
They def could take a QB.

To me, the real fun/interesting picks in the top 10 will be NE and NY. Both could stick and pick QBs, though there's lots of rumors that NE doesn't want to play the lotto with the #3 pick and would rather take sure fire blue choppers in Alt or Marvin Harrison Jr, OR trade back with some QB desperate team willing to pay a kings ransom to get the #3 QB in the draft.

I could even see the Giants trading up with NE dropping g back to 6 and taking Alt (if he slides) or the LSU receiver (who should still be there)

Should really be a fascinating draft (if you like Draft Drama that is....which I definitely do)

tomokawan

Reaction score
Dak is the quarterback and is making the big bucks. The whole team looked out of sorts and was looking for Dak to take care of things. He failed we lost. That is the quarterback position in a nutshell.
I did not know Dak played defense too. Lawrence makes big bucks etccc. Did the defense and coaching staff fail as well or just Dak??