PFT: Cowboys seem to be willing to let Dak Prescott hit the market in 2025

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Didn't you create a thread the other day boasting about how you thought Dak was out the door after the season?

Did something change or are you just wanting to be argumentative?
I did post. that is my speculation. not reality. none of us know. come on dude, actually read the comments, not just the first 3 words.

you said as a businessman Jerry is not going to make a business mistake again. my point that as a businessman view, its not a mistake if he can have the jersey sales. that's money in the bank
but does he feel that the market on Dak is about to go down? Does he feel the market on the cowboys is about to turn down.
he is feeling the market to react. if it doesn't seem like it will crash, he will continue down the same path. if the current team and process is making him money, then why change it. its when it doesn't translate to dollars and he will change.

are you just wanting to be argumentive?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think it comes down to either extend our mediocrity or not. We'll end up in the same situation afterwards either way.
A lot of teams would like to make the playoffs three straight seasons with 12 wins and two division titles. I get that we haven’t been very successful in postseason but our situation isn’t nearly as dire as some make it out to be. You would think we were picking in the top 10 every year with some of the comments fans are posting.

TheHerd

Reaction score
They are going to try and keep that Super Bowl window open as long as possible

I think that shipped has sailed but we will see what they have left after they extend Dak.

This team will probabbly be pretty awful in another 2 or 3 years, if we extend Dak for another 5 years,
:lmao::lmao:

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
A lot of teams would like to make the playoffs three straight seasons with 12 wins and two division titles. I get that we haven’t been very successful in postseason but our situation isn’t nearly as dire as some make it out to be. You would think we were picking in the top 10 every year with some of the comments fans are posting.
True but.. It seems that the FO is content with those results. Other teams are not. The Rams had Goff. Were guaranteed to make the playoffs but still upgraded to Stafford. The Niners had Jimmy G. Made it far in the playoffs and still tried to upgrade the position with Lance. They failed but they tried. Then they got lucky with Purdy. Dak is not as terrible as people say. But at his salary, he should be able to deliver more results.

rambo2

Reaction score
True but.. It seems that the FO is content with those results. Other teams are not. The Rams had Goff. Were guaranteed to make the playoffs but still upgraded to Stafford. The Niners had Jimmy G. Made it far in the playoffs and still tried to upgrade the position with Lance. They failed but they tried. Then they got lucky with Purdy. Dak is not as terrible as people say. But at his salary, he should be able to deliver more results.
The front office believes that they can remain being good and eventually get over the hump. They plan on giving extentions to their big 3 and keep going and having cap space for 2025 and beyond.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don’t think the Cowboys are content but the biggest problem in the playoffs hasn’t been Dak, it’s been our defense. The Rams moved on from Goff and replaced him with Stafford because he was regressing. He wasn’t coming off an MVP caliber season where he led the league in TDs and was statistically the best QB in the league. The 49ers tried improving on Jimmy G because he was having injury issues and began regressing after the Niners SB season. He was never real productive.

Who can we get that’s an upgrade over Dak? It’s not like KC will swap Mahomes for him. We don’t have a high enough draft pick to go after one of the top QBs. No assurances any of them will turn out. Our best chance to reach a SB is with Dak, however the team appears to be crumbling around him with all the players we’ve lost. Our season will depend on having a great draft and hoping the players we drafted last year develop.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Michael Ghelken believes that they will extend Dak. He says at least 2 of the 3 will get done by the summer with Lamb being 1st.
And that is fine. I just...question...if Dak is SO valuable and top ten QB...have there been offers for him?

It also doesn't mean we should ditch him either. I just find there is a clear juxtaposition in Dak value. It might be too subtle for some people.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I know! I can’t believe I said it too, but to a lot of these fans and our FO they still think we have a shot with Dak and this current roster!
I don’t see it! This team is taking a major step back next season!

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I don’t think the Cowboys are content but the biggest problem in the playoffs hasn’t been Dak, it’s been our defense. The Rams moved on from Goff and replaced him with Stafford because he was regressing. He wasn’t coming off an MVP caliber season where he led the league in TDs and was statistically the best QB in the league. The 49ers tried improving on Jimmy G because he was having injury issues and began regressing after the Niners SB season. He was never real productive.

Who can we get that’s an upgrade over Dak? It’s not like KC will swap Mahomes for him. We don’t have a high enough draft pick to go after one of the top QBs. No assurances any of them will turn out. Our best chance to reach a SB is with Dak, however the team appears to be crumbling around him with all the players we’ve lost. Our season will depend on having a great draft and hoping the players we drafted last year develop.
2-5 playoff record.

It’s Dak.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
It's not as dire as some may make it out to be. But is it really any better to make no progress and stay the same every year? I just haven't had it explained to me how we are going to get better by extending Dak and having the talent around him either stay the same or lessen.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's not as dire as some may make it out to be. But is it really any better to make no progress and stay the same every year? I just haven't had it explained to me how we are going to get better by extending Dak and having the talent around him either stay the same or lessen.
We’re not going to make any progress with a less talented QB. We’re not going to make any progress until we build a defense that shows up in the playoffs, regardless who our QB is. Our best defensive player who’s going to break the bank to re-sign has been a no show in the playoffs. He has one sack and only 4 QB hits in four playoff games. Nick Bosa had more than that in the conference title game against Detroit. Our pass rush completely disappears when the playoffs arrive.

rambo2

Reaction score
And that is fine. I just...question...if Dak is SO valuable and top ten QB...have there been offers for him?

It also doesn't mean we should ditch him either. I just find there is a clear juxtaposition in Dak value. It might be too subtle for some people.
I think that the league knows that Dallas would not ditch him. It is obvious that there is a shortage of good qbs.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I know! I can’t believe I said it too, but to a lot of these fans and our FO they still think we have a shot with Dak and this current roster!
I don’t see it! This team is taking a major step back next season!
Agree. The race to “not bad” keeps us in the outside looking in for decades.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that the league knows that Dallas would not ditch him. It is obvious that there is a shortage of good qbs.
There's ALWAYS a "shortage" of "good" QBS...and yet.. QB's get dealt.

Yer really reaching here my friend.

Again...I'm not posing Dak needs ditched. I do think WE are over valuing him. He is a simple commodity like any other player, coach. And so far...NOT very valuable to us...we have nothing more than a ton of other teams.

If Dak is valuable....then he should be a HOT commodity and he doesn't seem to be. We would ditch him in a heartbeat of he was.

Come on.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Dak should take the blame he is the quarterback of the team and he pooped his pants against the Packers. The players were actually looking to him to take the reins after the Packers destroyed our defense on the first drive. Dak missed a pass to CeeDee that should have been a first down and kept the drive alive. My issue is there is not a quarterback the Cowboys can bring in that is better than Dak. Some of you all want us to draft Nix/Penix or start Lance. Most likely that would end in a disaster. I guess if we trade CeeDee and Parsons, get 5 early round picks, then hope we suck enough to draft Dieon’s son. That would bring the circus back to town.
Huh, how about the defense look at themselves for allowing Green Bay to drive down the field to score the opening TD?? How you twist that into blaming Dak is a special kind of hatred. And look at themselves for allowing Green Bay to March up and down the field all day. Sure Dak deserves blame for the pick six, int, but that defense and coaching staff were the main reasons we lost.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
We’re not going to make any progress with a less talented QB. We’re not going to make any progress until we build a defense that shows up in the playoffs, regardless who our QB is. Our best defensive player who’s going to break the bank to re-sign has been a no show in the playoffs. He has one sack and only 4 QB hits in four playoff games. Nick Bosa had more than that in the conference title game against Detroit. Our pass rush completely disappears when the playoffs arrive.
How will we make progress with A QB that has reached his ceiling going into his 9th year and if we overpay we won't even be able to maintain the talent level around him? A less talented QB can still get you to the playoffs with the same results, as Dak, who statistically has the worst record for the number of attempts he has tried.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How will we make progress with A QB that has reached his ceiling going into his 9th year and if we overpay we won't even be able to maintain the talent level around him? A less talented QB an still get you to the playoffs with the same results, as Dak, who statistically has the worst record for the number of attempts he has tried.
This is what it's like trying to debate and make sense to the DAK-DAVIDIANS..................
sddefault.jpg

No matter how many eggs he lays well you get the idea............ :huh: