News: PFT: Cowboys slam door on talk on benching Dak Prescott

popp1234

Reaction score
I would hope people would have a bit of sense about themselves not to think they'd shut Dak down over one bad outing.

They're married to him for 2016. Win, lose, or draw.

Obviously you should lower your expectations.

csirl

Reaction score
Umm, what? If you think there's any way they play Sanchez over Tony Romo you are crazy.

Sanchez has a 94.3 QB rating in the playoffs. 3rd all time in NFL for career playoff victories on the road - tied with Roger Staubach. He's fit, healthy and experienced.

Edit: QB playoff rating is higher than Romo - and Romo's is pre-injury.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I would hope people would have a bit of sense about themselves not to think they'd shut Dak down over one bad outing.

While I agree and wouldn't bench Dak...talk to me after the Tampa game. What he's done thus far in the season is remarkable, but I will not go into the playoffs with a QB playing like he has the last two games and Romo sitting right there and ready. We're just too close for that. Let's all hope he has a big bounce back game against Tampa and we can mosey on down the road to playoff Valhalla instead of off season Purgatory.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I did think my tears would help. Initially. Instead what if I offered dak some tutoring on how to hit the broad side of a barn?
In route to 11 wins, sounds right. While Romo sits on the side of the road like a sad puppy at the end of his career with his two measly play off victories.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think the Profession football people that work for the Cowboys realize that the receivers were not getting open which they have to do when the running game is not dominant.

Fans see a ball not hit it's target and automatically blame the QB, but many off target throws were the result of the receivers being in the wrong spot and/or pressure.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I don't know -- does anyone think Dak is a better quarterback than Tony Romo? I'm not talking about last night, where it was just a mess and Eli couldn't play very well, either, but just in general? I think our best QB has been on the bench since he was ready to play, and that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the good job Dak has been doing, just that Tony is better.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I don't know -- does anyone think Dak is a better quarterback than Tony Romo? I'm not talking about last night, where it was just a mess and Eli couldn't play very well, either, but just in general? I think our best QB has been on the bench since he was ready to play, and that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the good job Dak has been doing, just that Tony is better.

I think there is a very good probability that Tony is the best QB on the team and I've voted every time for Tony to start in our polls. But, the Cowboys have decided to go in a different direction and that is why I think Dak should take every snap. Right now, the fans are united behind Dak, we've won 11 in a row, Dak is going to be the QB going forward, so there is no reason to start a QB controversy by putting Tony out there and remind everyone how good he is.

If Dak goes down, Tony's ready. We don't have to worry about that.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
The absurdity of this board is astounding sometimes. Dak wins 11 games strait and you want to bench him after he loses to a divisional opponent by three points. SMH.

It makes it difficult to come on this forum without getting irritated after we lose.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

I swear people think this is just about last night, but this offense has been struggling the last 3 games, and Dak is a huge reason. It came to a boiling point last night. I am not saying bench him now, but you have to think if Tampa comes in and beats Dallas because of poor QB play you have to make some changes, or consider them. These are playoff caliber teams, and if you can't hang during th tough part of the schedule what makes you think it's going to magically get better come playoff time with a rookie QB? I don't

Deep_South

Reaction score

This is response to Denim Chicken, but for some reason the quote didn't come up:

A fair observation, but things have changed, and right now the fans aren't united behind Dak. The poll has swung back in the other direction, and I think whether or not our best QB is riding the pine is an important issue to explore. But hopefully, whether or not it is true, Dak and the rest of the team make a big turnaround this weekend and come up big against Tampa Bay. I'm a Romo fan, but I'm also a Dak fan and a Cowboys fan.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Not a chance but you didn't want to interfere with what was working and I have serious doubts Romo can stay on the field for long.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Nope not after last night.

Prescott deserves another game as starter.

If he craters on Sunday then we can talk.

So three sub-par games isn't convincing, but that fourth one really makes the difference, huh? LOL. Get Romo in there before it's too late. Oh wait, I guess the team will treat Romo as it typically has, wait until it puts him in the worst possible situation and just expect him to save the team's bacon.