News: PFT: Cowboys slam door on talk on benching Dak Prescott

Gameover

Reaction score
boy losing a game brings out the crazies

I've had that opinion pretty much all season. I brought that opinion to the board last week after watching the Falcons runner juke several Chiefs defenders. It got me to thinking: why don't we ever see this from Zeke.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
2 3rd down conversions in the last 24 is not opinion. I know this isnt entirely on Dak, but he obviously touches the ball on every snap. I know the overall stats (in the games mentioned) looked good and they came against quality defenses, but you can not continue to overlook bad performances when you have the backup we do. Im a Cowboys fan (therefore Im a Dak fan too) so I hope he turns it around and this all goes away. However it gets worrisome regardless of the distraction a change would make this late in the game if the offense continues to sputter. I agree a loss before the playoffs was not a bad thing (though I would rather it have been another team), one loss doesnt concern me, but a trend does. I am not calling for Romo to start against Tampa, but if we see more of the same the brain-trusts should consider what the right thing to do going forward is THIS season. I dont think anyone debates Dak is the future even if he continues to have a tough go right now and eventually sat to see if another "spark" happens.

I don't disagree with anything you said here. good post.

Gameover

Reaction score
They forced 31 TOs that year, because their offense was ahead and we controlled the TOP and Romo didn't throw INTs.. he had like 9 on the year..

Last year, that same defense couldn't force more than 20 TOs..

Against the Giants last night, this defense gave Dak off the top of my head 3 TOs..
Give me a break. Remember it how you want. They've been ahead this year and haven't forced TO. You think you have the answers but you don't. They kept us in the game vs Washington and Houston that year. Clinched games with turnovers vs the Rams, both Giants games and Eagles. You and 7-9 Link can take the garbage elsewhere

Gameover

Reaction score
Apparently he's also missed the times Zeke had made defenders miss multiple times by hurdling them, including in Ravens on the first drive of the second half that totally changed the dimension of the game, when Dallas tried the whole first half to win on Dak's arm..

Or his ridiculous lateral cut and dive threw that tiny gap to get the first down yesterday when the Giants collapsed the inside and Zeke basically had nothing as per the design..

The fact this guy would even say Zeke hasn't made defenders miss is the height of insanity..

Zeke is by far the MVP of this team if it's between him and Dak.. one can argue Sean Lee too..
By far my ***. It's all about the QB. Zeke couldn't carry his team in 3 point game and you think he's the MVP?! Please

Sean Lee isn't the MVP either. Hope he is voted all pro! But it's all about the QB.

khiladi

Reaction score
Give me a break. Remember it how you want. They've been ahead this year and haven't forced TO. You think you have the answers but you don't. They kept us in the game vs Washington and Houston that year. Clinched games with turnovers vs the Rams, both Giants games and Eagles. You and 7-9 Link can take the garbage elsewhere

The last four games on
December, the offense had 41, 38, 42, and 44, the defense in those games had 12 TOs. 3 of those 4 games, the opposing team averaged only like 40 yards rushing.

We won the TI advantage 4 to 1, because Romo was lighting opposing defenses up and they abandoned the run and were forced to pass. Two of the three TOs were fumbles, not INTs..

Gameover

Reaction score
damn, it gets worse and worse here by the hour
People confuse overrated with not good or even not great, just like they confuse a 'game manager' with it being Trent Dilfer.

I'm not saying he's isn't good. I'm saying he's not Emmitt Smith or Tony D.

Last edited:

Gameover

Reaction score
The last four games on
December, the offense had 41, 38, 42, and 44, the defense in those games had 12 TOs. 3 of those 4 games, the opposing team averaged only like 40 yards rushing.

We won the TI advantage 4 to 1, because Romo was lighting opposing defenses up and they abandoned the run and were forced to pass. Two of the three TOs were fumbles, not INTs..

That leaves another 19 TO in the other 11 games.You act like we haven't had leads or had the TOP advantage this season.Theyre using the same formula they used in 2014. Dak hasn't had the fortune of getting so many TO. They made game winning TO in 2014 and kept us in games. Don't get the point you're trying to make.

Gameover

Reaction score
You know a QB who I think is better than Dak? Just to show I'm no Dak apologist.

The QB for the Broncos. I think he'll be better than Dak before it's said and done. And I think people are dead wrong if they think Denver will give up significant draft picks for Tony Romo.

Zoner: But he only put up 7 points yesterday?

And you're the same people who want a rookie to be Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady every time he takes the field. Mariota was 5 for 20 with about 60 passing yards. He was the 2nd pick in the draft. You think it's easy what Dak has done?

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
That leaves another 19 TO in the other 11 games.You act like we haven't had leads or had the TOP advantage this season.Theyre using the same formula they used in 2014. Dak hasn't had the fortune of getting so many TO. They made game winning TO in 2014 and kept us in games. Don't get the point you're trying to make.

The point is, teams were playing catch-up. 12 INTs in 4 games in December, because teams were trying to keep pace with Romo. And Romo in December got better.

Plus, Romo threw 70 percent completion percentage. Dak needs 14 more TDs to match Romo's regular season numbers in three more games and Romo played only 15 games and was still injured in the SF game and didn't play all preseason.

rpntex

Reaction score
I don't see once in a lifetime greatness. AP had it. Zeke is Stephen Alexander(Seattle)(and not as good)

Who the hell is Stephen Alexander? I think you are confusing him with Shaun Alexander of the Seahawks. And you're right, he was a so-so back… NFL MVP in 2005 and a member of the all decade team for the 2000's.

You're embarrassing yourself further with each statement you make

Frozen700

Reaction score
I would hope people would have a bit of sense about themselves not to think they'd shut Dak down over one bad outing.

They're married to him for 2016. Win, lose, or draw.

Idk, this is our year to win it all. I'm a big Dak fan. Right now, I like him a lot more than Romo.

At the end of the day, im a Cowboys fan, and I think Romo gives us the best chance to win NOW. I say put in Romo, chase that ring. Then let Dak do his thing next year.

I'd hate to lose in the playoffs wondering what if...... especially when it was supposed to be Romo's job regardless

manster4ever

Reaction score
Wow, what a big game this Sunday. Not just for this season but for a few seasons to come. It's in ALL our best interests if Dak snaps out of this but he might no be capable from an experience standpoint....hasn't 'been there and done that' but Tony has. If they are 100% positive this is a temporary rookie wall kinda thing then ride it out with him. But deep down they know it's probably more than that. This league is SO GD hard on QB's in every way, shape, and form. So I know the F.O. has it's talking points but there is a contingency plan and is initials are T.R.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Romo did the right thing for the betterment of the team, its time dak does the same thing. We have something special this sEason and the team is bigger than one guy