News: PFT: Dak has not ask for $40M

CWR

Reaction score
So wait.

This report is spot on. The other isn’t.

How do we know PFT isn’t the one wrong? I mean people ripped PFT when they reported other things.

We simply go with the latest report and make it gospel.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Haven't even opened the related.......those cursing him, may wanna dial back a bit
Source: Dak Prescott has not asked for $40 million a year
Posted by Charean Williams on August 12, 2019, 5:14 PM EDT
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...prescott-has-not-asked-for-40-million-a-year/

The Cowboys and Dak Prescott apparently aren’t close on a new deal, but how far apart they are remains a question.

The Cowboys have said they have made what they consider to be “solid” offers to Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott and Amari Cooper, which would rank them “at least in the top five” at their respective positions. That would mean more than $30 million per season for Prescott.

NFL Media reported Monday, though, that Prescott is seeking an annual average of $40 millionper season.

giphy.gif

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Slater is also a reported with big DFW connections and said Zeke would be on the plane, also said Dak asked for 40 when both PFT and ESPN are saying, “trust me, he didn’t”.

The only really reliable source is the agent himself, who is more nationally connected than locally.
Well, agents have been known to put out false information.

coult44

Reaction score
Already been posted.

We're running out of things to bash Dak for. He didn't ask for that kind of money. We're not paying him that much so I think he'd rather take 33-34 million over being out of a job (like anybody with a brain would), and 2nd of all..... we're trusting the claims of a smoking hot chick who should be on the runway rather than sports reporting.

And last of all, Jerry already said he's willing to hold out one more year on paying Dak. Meaning he wants to see what he does this year first. I'm ok with that, because I know he's gonna show up and play no matter what. Unlike that.... other fat guy on the team who's already quit the team.

If you want 33-34 what would need to ask for? Asking for a friend

fansince68

Reaction score
Already been posted.

We're running out of things to bash Dak for. He didn't ask for that kind of money. We're not paying him that much so I think he'd rather take 33-34 million over being out of a job (like anybody with a brain would), and 2nd of all..... we're trusting the claims of a smoking hot chick who should be on the runway rather than sports reporting.

And last of all, Jerry already said he's willing to hold out one more year on paying Dak. Meaning he wants to see what he does this year first. I'm ok with that, because I know he's gonna show up and play no matter what. Unlike that.... other fat guy on the team who's already quit the team.
Charean Williams....smoking hot? Are there two of them?

Reactions: CWR

bsbellomy

Reaction score
It's saying you offered 30, I countered with 40, let's meet at 35. Too many people get emotional about this stuff.

Emotion notwithstanding, I take it as one side not negotiating in good faith. That would be like the Cowboys offer coming in at $15m.

morat1959

Reaction score
Dak’s not worth 30 million. Y’all are are gonna see how good your Dak is this season if Zeke doesn’t come back. 8 wins max! He can’t throw the ball down the field when teams stack the box to stop Zeke. What makes you think he can put up points without one of the top 3 RBs in the league. Some on here want to always point to the #s. Well what about our scoring and red zone #s? For the humptenth time....Dak in NOT a very good starting QB! I want him to be. I’m a MS boy and have watched him play for many more years than most on this board. He has the same issues he’s had for a long time. It’s not fixable. What you see is what you get.

lonestar2288

Reaction score
At the end of the day, I don't care if the 40 mil was a legit counter offer or not. I thought 30 was to high and was in favor of letting him play out his contract and franchising him. Still am. I don't see too many suitors at 30 mil, let alone more. And if there is, than at least it proves market value, and we know JJ will throw a few more mil on top of it. At that point there's little to complain about

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Still too much for his talent level. Should be in mid 20 million range.

The fly in the ointment is that Wentz got $32 mill a year and Dak has better numbers than Wentz across the board. Higher completion percentage, higher winning percentage, more TD passes, higher QBR, ect……..and Wentz has never even suited up for a playoff game, all those playoff wins and SB win was with Foles at QB, not Wentz.

So how exactly are you going to convince Dak's agent that he should not get at least what Wentz got? The numbers dont lie, Dak has better career numbers practically across the board when compared to Wentz. So if Wentz got $32, how exactly are you justifying that Dak should get less?

NumOneQB

Reaction score
He’ll get more than Wince and close to Wilson. So somewhere between 33-36 million.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You have no idea the structure of the deal. Not all 30 mill a year deals are the same

Exactly...…….the AAV is just fluff, the real meat on the bone is the guarantees..............here is an example

Contract 1...……....pays 30 mill a year and 5 mill is guaranteed per year.
Contract 2...……....pays 30 mill a year and 25 mill is guaranteed per year.

Which contract you signing up for?