News: PFT: Dak has not ask for $40M

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Dak’s not worth 30 million. Y’all are are gonna see how good your Dak is this season if Zeke doesn’t come back. 8 wins max! He can’t throw the ball down the field when teams stack the box to stop Zeke. What makes you think he can put up points without one of the top 3 RBs in the league. Some on here want to always point to the #s. Well what about our scoring and red zone #s? For the humptenth time....Dak in NOT a very good starting QB! I want him to be. I’m a MS boy and have watched him play for many more years than most on this board. He has the same issues he’s had for a long time. It’s not fixable. What you see is what you get.

What makes us think Dak can put up numbers without Zeke? I don't know...maybe his last 4 games without Zeke where Dak and company put up 30, 20, 36, and 38 points?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What makes us think Dak can put up numbers without Zeke? I don't know...maybe his last 4 games without Zeke where Dak and company put up 30, 20, 36, and 38 points?

Well Zeke said he aint playing without a new deal that makes him the highest paid RB in the NFL. So, looks like Dak might get a shot to prove he is worth the cash he is asking for.

Its really a win-win for the Cowboys. Either Dak carries the team without Zeke and proves he is worth a monster contract, which means we are a playoff team most likely, or Dak falls on his face with no threat of a run game and the Cowboys save millions on the cap that would have been wasted on him.

Reactions: CWR
Reaction score
His numbers are better than Wentz across the board, but Wentz have a better future upside than Dak; unless Wentz go into a slump like Andrew Luck. Also of course Wentz was on the "ROSTER" of a winning SP team even though he did not play because of injury.

Bottom line: Dak has to face the music that he will not get a Wentz check.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
His numbers are better than Wentz across the board, but Wentz have a better future upside than Dak; unless Wentz go into a slump like Andrew Luck. Also of course Wentz was on the "ROSTER" of a winning SP team even though he did not play because of injury.

I dont think Dak and his agent see it this way...………….if worst comes to worst, they will just pull a Kirk Cousins and make you franchise him every year until your cap cant take it. (consecutive franchise tags must be at least 125% of previous year salary). So lets you franchise Dak at $30 million, then this would be his future tags at a min, probably more since tag base increases each year. As you can see, only two tags are practical, no team can afford a third tag. Dak will just play this game and force himself off the team like kirk Cousins did if you dont want to pay him what he wants on a long term deal.

year 1 tag...……..….$30 mill
year 2 tag...……..….$37.5 mill at a min
year 3 tag...……..….$46.8 mill at a min

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I dont think Dak and his agent see it this way...………….if worst comes to worst, they will just pull a Kirk Cousins and make you franchise him every year until your cap cant take it. (consecutive franchise tags must be at least 125% of previous year salary). So lets you franchise Dak at $30 million, then this would be his future tags at a min, probably more since tag base increases each year. As you can see, only two tags are practical, no team can afford a third tag. Dak will just play this game and force himself off the team like kirk Cousins did if you dont want to pay him what he wants on a long term deal.

year 1 tag...……..….$30 mill
year 2 tag...……..….$37.5 mill at a min
year 3 tag...……..….$46.8 mill at a min
The problem with using the tags is that the team is on the hook for the full amount that season. When multi-year deals are signed, it's very rare that first year or two cap hit is actually what the yearly average figures to be. Using Matt Ryan as an example he signed for $30 million/season last year, his cap hit in 2018 was $17.7, in 2019 it will be $15.8, it's not until 2020 that his cap hit will be over $30/year ($33 million), but by then the cap has risen for a couple of seasons making that $33 seem more like bargain when compared to QB contracts that will be signed at that time.

It's all very relative, last year at this time, people were balking at the $27-$28 that Cousins and Garrapolo had signed. It's only one year later, but that same $27-28, would be looked at by most as a bargain now.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Disagree. Wentz hasn't shown to be clutch in the 4th quarter, unlike Dak.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The fly in the ointment is that Wentz got $32 mill a year and Dak has better numbers than Wentz across the board. Higher completion percentage, higher winning percentage, more TD passes, higher QBR, ect……..and Wentz has never even suited up for a playoff game, all those playoff wins and SB win was with Foles at QB, not Wentz.

So how exactly are you going to convince Dak's agent that he should not get at least what Wentz got? The numbers dont lie, Dak has better career numbers practically across the board when compared to Wentz. So if Wentz got $32, how exactly are you justifying that Dak should get less?
Simple. If Wentz doesn’t get hurt he probably wins MVP in 2017 as he was certainly on pace and would have been in 2 consecutive playoff appearances including a championship appearance and possibly a Super Bowl. He’s obviously a more prolific passer and one of the young potential Elite QB’s in the league if he can stay healthy.

Daks success revolves around having an Elite supporting cast. He was 15th ranked QB. That’s not top 5 salary worthy. I’d place Daks contract more in the neighborhood of Foles and Flacco 22 million a year.

Let Dak go to a less talented team and he probably would struggle to be above .500 and passing stats in lower bottom tier of the league. His passing stats are only in the middle tier with this star studded cast.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
25 pages on Dak asking for 40m. 4 pages on Dak not asking for 40m. Lol

The funny thing is, no one here knows which is true yet many are picking a side. I don't think either story matters.

If he gets a new deal with Dallas it's going to be 30-something a year no matter what anyone here thinks.

32BellyOption

Reaction score

What makes you think Wentz has more upside or a better future? Also, Dak has shown to be more durable. Can Wentz stay healthy and on the field? So far all the numbers are in Dak’s favor. And yes, Dak will get Wentz money or better but he will not get $40 mill per year.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The funny thing is, no one here knows which is true yet many are picking a side. I don't think either story matters.

If he gets a new deal with Dallas it's going to be 30-something a year no matter what anyone here thinks.
yeah and people forget it isnt the player asking for this or that, it is the agents that do the talking and set the bar in negotiations.
The player has to trust the agent, and the agent gets paid more if he gets the player more, since it is probably commission.
And I will say it again, it has nothing to do with what a player is worth. and everyone has their own opinion what players are worth.

LOL if jerry said let the CZ fans decide what dak is worth, but it has to be unanimous , Dak would never get a contract signed, none of them would.

rags

Reaction score
ESPN also is refuting the $40 mil rumor.

Oops! The haters got their blood pressure up over nothing!

It used to be that the journalistic credo was "Get it right." In these days of social media, that has been replaced by "Get it first."

sunalsorises

Reaction score
The idea of a salary cap really doesn’t work with how disproportionately certain positions are being paid. The model for winning now is doing so with an underpaid QB on a rookie deal or doing so with whatever side compensation the Patriots give Tom Brady to keep his salary low. Paying anyone over a certain amount jeopardizes what can be done with the rest of the team. Maybe the NFL wants it that way. I suspect the overall product would be better if the NFL somehow addressed this.

rags

Reaction score
The idea of a salary cap really doesn’t work with how disproportionately certain positions are being paid. The model for winning now is doing so with an underpaid QB on a rookie deal or doing so with whatever side compensation the Patriots give Tom Brady to keep his salary low. Paying anyone over a certain amount jeopardizes what can be done with the rest of the team. Maybe the NFL wants it that way. I suspect the overall product would be better if the NFL somehow addressed this.

The Pats can afford to keep his salary low because he has a supermodel for a wife that makes more than he does.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't see this as earth-shattering news. No one thought he was going to get 40, including Dak's agents, even if they did ask for it.
Yes but that's not the point is it I don't believe he ever asked for it. It's very possible he refused 30. And he might just play where he is gamble on himself and see what the season goes. That's what I would do

sunalsorises

Reaction score
The Pats can afford to keep his salary low because he has a supermodel for a wife that makes more than he does.

I’m not sure I buy into that. Any player could be set for life with just $10 million. Nobody truly needs $40 million per year. I think there is something else going on with Brady, though I am merely speculating.

Big_D

Reaction score

Wentz had 33 TDs in 13 games in 2017. Dak hasn't come close to that type of production. Sure. Wentz been injured, but the rhetoric that Dak is just as goods or better is way off. If Wentz can stay healthy he's the better QB and it's not even close. Dak has the leg up in durability, but I don't see a 40 passing TD type of season from him.

aikemirv

Reaction score
So wait.

This report is spot on. The other isn’t.

How do we know PFT isn’t the one wrong? I mean people ripped PFT when they reported other things.
Can I borrow that Abe Lincoln quote from the other thread!

aikemirv

Reaction score
I’m not sure I buy into that. Any player could be set for life with just $10 million. Nobody truly needs $40 million per year. I think there is something else going on with Brady, though I am merely speculating.
He cant figure out what to spend his other millions on!